Medicom DK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How come no one sculpts that wart on the bridge of Bales nose near his right eyebrow?

:lol I didn't even notice he had that till all the TDK promoting magazine interviews. I just suddenly saw it in a picture and thought 'that was unlucky - he had a boil on his nose for this shoot' - only later realising it seems to be a permanent thing - he's always had it.

Also I didn't know those 'veins' were a scar below his eye. I thought it was, well, slightly raised veins.

How come no one sculpts that wart on the bridge of Bales nose near his right eyebrow?

Actually, Andy did, another credit to his sculpt.

A.jpg

I think it relevant to compare HT or Medicoms mass produced sculpts that is available to everyone to a custom made sculpt that few have.

I think it relevant to compare HT or Medicoms mass produced sculpts that is available to everyone to a custom made sculpt that few have.

Depends on what point you're discussing. At the moment the topic is sculptors ability to capture Bale's likeness, which seems elusive for some reason and using a limited run comission head simply stands to serve the point that the sculpt can be achieved and there's a bar for the mass market guys to aim for. I'm really stunned that in 2 heads, Yulli couldn't get Bale quite right. No sculptor is perfect and maybe she was rushed, but there aren't many sculpts from here where reference is out there and plentiful that she doesn't nail. While Medicom still has an non-life-like appearance to it, they seem to have captured him better, to me, in their portrait than Hot Toys. The things Andy nailed in his sculpt that really define Bale from any other face seem more prevalent in the Medicom sculpt than Hot Toys.

If Yulli's sculpt had the Andy B hairstyle, do you think it would have a better Bale likeness? (My Bale head is back in the box and I can't be bothered getting it out to refresh my memory on what it looks like). It may be that they went with a less dynamic sculpt so that it could conceivably be Batman's version of "helmet hair", in which case it's the art director/product director's fault rather than Yulli's necessarily. Likeness issues aside, from what I've seen Andy's sculpt is also correctly sized, whereas the HT is definitely a bit too small.

What I'd love to see (and buy) is the Andy sculpt given the HT production method - slightly translucent cast skin and great paint aps (I love that there is a very light shading around the beard area on the HT head, and I'd venture to say that even the Les painted head a couple of posts back is only as good as the production head from HT in paint)

If Yulli's sculpt had the Andy B hairstyle, do you think it would have a better Bale likeness? (My Bale head is back in the box and I can't be bothered getting it out to refresh my memory on what it looks like). It may be that they went with a less dynamic sculpt so that it could conceivably be Batman's version of "helmet hair", in which case it's the art director/product director's fault rather than Yulli's necessarily.

While the hat hair is a bit weird, it's really the triangle of features within the eyes to the lips that just isn't all right. The eyes look very Bale, even painted very well, but there's something unique to his lips I haven't seen on many people that defines him, almost like a constant pouting look or something, and his nose has some clear forms that define it which are softened in the Hot Toys sculpts. It's the mouth that really sets the Medicom ahead of HT for me, they come closer to getting that triangle of features to correctly represent his face, even if the overall head seems a bit off.

I'm not feeling that Joker. The clothes don't look as good as the HT V.1 Joker aswell. Not feeling the Bruce Wayne figure either. Batman looks great though.. but it's a prototype so who knows.

Well remember there's a wire in it. Personally I like how it hangs off the shoulders. Much more flatter and sleaker than the HT one for sure. If I got it I'd remove that wire though.

I wonder how short the cape really is, as the pictures are very deceiving. At the moment it looks superman short rather than down to the heels. Wish there was true size views for it to be easier to tell.

Is it just me or do the gauntlets look better than the Hot Toys?

It looks like a bomber jacket? or the puffy ones that are filled up with lots of air and feathers.

If the colours come out like the promo and not the pics of him on display, (which they likely won't), I quite like them. Plus, the coat looks better weathered than the HT, on the cuffs and corners etc.

If the back is sinched in, it may hang better and I like the fact it actually looks like a wool coat.

Interested to see how it looks without the coat and jacket.

Back