Medicom DK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the DCD and Hot Toys version, kind of makes me want to get this to get all three. Only thing I'm worried about is the first shots we saw kind of made him look disappointing, but he looks fantastic in others. I'm wondering if there was some heavy modding done, or just some major futzing.

did Tin modify his? like stuff the head with stuff like BBQ? coz if not, i'm really thinking about getting him...

although i do wish HT would officially announce TDK MMS DX AND show pics. so then i can make my decision.

so um...HURRY HT. HURRY.

Tin did modify his, by stuffing the head to get the correct shape.
I've kinda figure out how to do it already, shall try to post a tutorial soon.

Medicom vs. Hot Toys (Both Modified)

_MG_5540.jpg
1be9d0d78de012ad26c6a13341855613.jpg

Wow those poses are awesome!

Didn't someone post a tutorial about that a long time ago? I think they just took tiny screws and screwed them from the inside of the neck up into the cheek area to push them out. It was a long time ago but I know I saw it on here.

Didn't someone post a tutorial about that a long time ago? I think they just took tiny screws and screwed them from the inside of the neck up into the cheek area to push them out. It was a long time ago but I know I saw it on here.

Yes, but that was for the HT head. The Medi head is hollow so the mod would be different.

Head Mod Tutorial.

Here's the tutorial, its a very easy mod requiring very minor surgical procedures.

The Head before the mod
3453200094_37a71a5b9f_o.jpg

Pretty long & a little too lean

Next step, cut the head open as shown
3453200266_9d9c074339_o.jpg

The head is hollow, now all u gotta do is stuff it with stuffs like what BBQ said, putt clay or if yr real lazy even paper will get the job done.I used bubble wrap to fill it up.

Additional Note: I don't really think it's necessary to cut open the whole bottom of the head, you could probably just cut one side and make the opening big enough for you to stuff in the stuffs.

After all that stuffing, just glue the head back. Personally, I only used sticky tack aka blu-tack to secure it. Just in case I wanna do any further mods to the head in future.
3453199934_d36b0ea346_o.jpg

After the mod, the head is rounder & closer to how bale looks in the movie.

Hope this will help everyone!

Special Thanks goes to BBQ of Toy-world.com.hk who told us how to do the modification.

Also thank you to Battyman of Toy-world.com.hk for explaining the mod to me in english.

Back