Metal Gear Solid Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think i might do a MGS3 BB fatigues early next year when i have some disposable cash, i might even see if somebody wants to sculpt a PS2 BB head

We certainly need to generate more awareness for our proposed custom MGS2 Snake. So far I got 1 of my buddies outside of SSC who's certainly interested.

Ain't that the truth

MGS2 Snake > Anything

I'd only go to a member for a BB HS anyways, MGS2 Snake needs the full figure treatment and nothing less. He is my grail after all :lecture

I'll speak to John again mid September just to make sure he's cool with me putting the interest list up which i'm sure he will be as that's when he said, i'm pretty confident we will get 15 people interested

For the Plisskin head i was considering maybe having him smoking a cigarette but i can't decide on that or just regular face.

I thought maybe a removable cigarette but it may make the mouth look weird when it's not in. Decisions

Not before MGS2 Snake :lecture

no idea actually. I'd prefer removable but if it's easier and looks better sculpted then we should go that route. They might just not sit right on the head or look too big clunky.

It may bump the price as well, i'm assuming it's going to be fairly expensive due to the requirements of the suit etc.

Would the Pliskin head have molded headphones?

Just so i know, what would people like the figure to include?

I'll have to confirm all these details with John but this is how i see it panning out. Below are definites i'd want:

Head sculpt based on the PS2/HD in-game version (not artwork)
USP pistol with Silencer & light attachment
M9 Pistol with Silencer & laser attachment
M4 Rifle
Cigarette + Pack
Bandana
extra 'DX type' Plisskin Head sculpt Ps2/HD in-game version

These are ideas i think we could have:

Keycard
Thermal or NV goggles
Ration
Smoke or flash grenade
Infinite ammo bandana
Dog tags

Last edited:
I think we should cut down on accessories due to the cost. Snake in MGS2 carried very little and I'm fine with just getting the look and the suit right. After all, it's a damn tempting figure to get for most people if the price looks good.

You'd be happy with just the definite items list then

Both pistols, M4, bandana and cigs?

I think we should cut down on accessories due to the cost. Snake in MGS2 carried very little and I'm fine with just getting the look and the suit right. After all, it's a damn tempting figure to get for most people if the price looks good.

You'd be happy with just the definite items list then

Both pistols, M4, bandana and cigs?

As much as I'd like all the crazy accessories, hmm better not.

If there is one Snake that should come heavily accessorized, it's definitely BB. I always felt BB was kinda naked without an assault rifle/can of rations/scope etc. :lol

All depends on price. If it's bigger job and costs considerably more because of time and casting what not then i'd have to bend towards the molded headset.

I'm sure John would do it great. The Dutch exclusive came with the extra head with the headset sculpted on and that looked completely fine :dunno

I'm sure Snake never took it off anyway. If it means we can have a Snake for a reasonable price with a Plisskin too instead of no Plisskin. I'd go for it with the sculpted headset

PARTY LIKE A BAWSS!!!!

4aqaqyjy.jpg

sent from a tormented past

Deadal gear rex.

e3unegun.jpg

The railgun comes off pretty easily actually. All you have to do is massage it out of the socket in a small circular motion. It helps it rub by the snaps. Make sure youre holding it right at the plastic mount or youll snap the arm.

Last edited:
All depends on price. If it's bigger job and costs considerably more because of time and casting what not then i'd have to bend towards the molded headset.

I'm sure John would do it great. The Dutch exclusive came with the extra head with the headset sculpted on and that looked completely fine :dunno

I'm sure Snake never took it off anyway. If it means we can have a Snake for a reasonable price with a Plisskin too instead of no Plisskin. I'd go for it with the sculpted headset

The reason I say not sculpted is because then the head can be used for Big Boss from Virtuous Mission.

Deadle gear rex.

e3unegun.jpg

The railgun comes off pretty easily actually. All you have to do is massage it out of the socket in a small circular motion. It helps it rub by the snaps. Make sure youre holding it right at the plastic mount or youll snap the arm.

I dont have the cojones to fully strip it. if my room was big enough that i could of had a mgs4 Ray vs Rex display i would consider it. But as of now its just going to represent MGS1 for me

Back