Metal Gear Solid Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a medicom old snake today from a friend.He only wanted 80 USD for im so I couldnt let it go.Figure is better than I hoped but still far from being a good figure.I have already talked with a painter to repaint the head for me and I have found some weapons to replace the ugly medicom ones.However I was wondering has anyone customized this figure?I was thinking about changing the body and the soft plastic hands but I dont know how to remove the body suit without risking damaging it.And even if I remove it the hands can be replaced?

I got a medicom old snake today from a friend.He only wanted 80 USD for im so I couldnt let it go.Figure is better than I hoped but still far from being a good figure.I have already talked with a painter to repaint the head for me and I have found some weapons to replace the ugly medicom ones.However I was wondering has anyone customized this figure?I was thinking about changing the body and the soft plastic hands but I dont know how to remove the body suit without risking damaging it.And even if I remove it the hands can be replaced?

Only customs I've seen on this board is Ryan Pliskin who repainted the head which came out great. There was a member over on One Sixth Warriors who swapped the body out for a Hot Toys Body I believe and it allowed for more dynamic posing but you would need to modify the elbow, shoulder and leg sections to accommodate more poses.

You would have to do heavy modification if you wanted new hands on it since the stock figure only has rubber hands which are part of the suit.

Has anyone here used Japanese Yahoo Auctions? you can find some rare stuff REAL cheap! I just got the Tiger Stripe Snake Kubrick with the whole Extreme Box DVD set MGS3 for roughly $20 USD..(I had paid $110 shipped like a month ago for it on ebay) but yeah I recommend it!

I wouldn't mess with the Old Snake body if I were you as you need to cut out the suit to swap it, and the suit is notoriously fragile if you move it around too much. Like Plissken said there were some people who did it but if I recall you really need to cut the joints to make it even pose-able.

In my opinion all owners of the RAH Snake should just get the head repainted and be done for. It's an exceptionally accurate sculpt and upon inspection looks very accurate to Snake's appearance in MGS4.

I'm no talented painter so I can imagine someone doing a far better job than I did:

img02782222.jpg

Last edited:
Ill leave it be and just get the head repainted then.Its too much trouble and I would ruin the figure in the end and its not worth it.Either way even with a body swap posing this figure wouldnt improve cause of the suit restriction.

Nice repainting Ryan.I used to paint smaller models when I wasnt in the 12 inch collecting but even with my minimum skills I wouldnt repaint him that good.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mess with the Old Snake body if I were you as you need to cut out the suit to swap it, and the suit is notoriously fragile if you move it around too much. Like Plissken said there were some people who did it but if I recall you really need to cut the joints to make it even pose-able.

In my opinion all owners of the RAH Snake should just get the head repainted and be done for. It's an exceptionally accurate sculpt and upon inspection looks very accurate to Snake's appearance in MGS4.

I'm no talented painter so I can imagine someone doing a far better job than I did:

img02782222.jpg

Love it. :hi5:

Hello everyone,

I'm not verry good at writing/talking i have a mild form of autisme, but i really wanted to join this forum it seems like a nice place to talk about mgs :)

I'm a huge fan of metal gear, mgs2 is my favorite game, i really enjoyed messing around with the enemy's in mgs2 back on ps2 time, the way the enemy's responds to certain situation , i used to just run around with stealth cammo and punch enemy's and mess around the way they respond with their accent really makes me laugh. even tho playing as raiden sucks a bit, but the gameplay was just superb.

I only just begun collecting since march/april this year so i dont have big collection like you all,

here's some pic's, and my apologize for poor picture quality

And PAK Collection and Konami Dolls

Missing

Konami doll snake
PAK premium kaz&battle dress
Red Ninja
Blue & yellow raiden
Battle dress
Zero
pw mechs pupa, chrysalis, zeke, cocoon

Last edited:
Welcome to the club, Mr Solid Snake.
I will say you are not alone in spending moretime screwing around in MGS2 than playing the actual game. Not only did I enjoy using stealth to screw with soldiers, I also used the GRU outfit to mess around with them, did cartwheels and landed on my neck, use coolant spray to troll everyone, and more.

Can't wait Play Arts MGS2 Raiden and, someday soon, Solid Snake.

yesss coolant spray verry funny! and the gru outfit if wear it outside the shell core, they would ask "why are u here" and all funny lines. i missed all these things in mgs3 even tho it was a great game, but it was not as funny as mgs2.

Back