Metal Gear Solid Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rex is so frustrating. I walked in to my room a few hours ago just in time to see it do the splits and shoot its armor off all over the place. And my room is all wooden surface and flooring so it bounces everywhere. Ive spent the last few hours turning everything upside down. Ive found everything except one of the knee rocket things that stick out. Im just glad it didnt fall off my shelves because it was 6ft in the air and would of likely broken. But all day long i always put a little weight on it and bounce it a bit to make sure its sturdy, and it was. So ive no idea why it "collapsed". I dont even care ive lost the part anymore. Its about 4 times ive had to turn over my room just to find some little bull**** piece of armor.

I love it but if i have to display it with the legs facing forward whats the point? I dont want it to look like that. If it does the splits again im just going to get rid of it. Not worth the headache
Sorry to hear that. With that hight I would recommend getting some sort of display case to put it.

Mine is standing abit taller than most ppl have theirs. I have never found it to be sturdy in such pose, but for some reason it is still standing after several months.

mgs028.png

Sorry to hear that. With that hight I would recommend getting some sort of display case to put it.

Mine is standing abit taller than most ppl have theirs. I have never found it to be sturdy in such pose, but for some reason it is still standing after several months.

mgs028.png

That's a great display man. If I can manage removing the Railgun, I remove the armor plates.

Hey plis, have you thought about just breaking the railgun off? It might be a pain in the butt to fix later, but at least you'll be able to display MGS 4 REX, if that's what you want.

Hey plis, have you thought about just breaking the railgun off? It might be a pain in the butt to fix later, but at least you'll be able to display MGS 4 REX, if that's what you want.

I would probably have an anxiety attack if I ended up breaking it, with subsequent fist holes in the wall :lol

Glad I didn't buy Rex seems like a headache.

You're much better off opening the puzzle box in Hellraiser than own a REX.

Yeah, I'm going to have to cancel my PS4, unfortunately. I have Medi Link on pre-order as well as the PAK MGS figures. I really do hate coming up.short for cash..

Based on what's on Twitter there seems to be a MGSV reveal soon.

I can't believe you guys are knocking down the 3A REX! Now I'm turn offed on getting one! :lol

I was considering it's recently but i could use the money to pay for other things right now and with everyones comments on the pain that is owning him i might just not altogether

15 Hours and 10 minutes later, i found the piece! It was harder than finding a needle in a haystack. The needle would of been 3 times bigger.

Ive never loved and been pissed off at a toy so much in my life. Its totally worth buying. But its like dating a super hot chick, she might be temperamental, spend your money & be argumentative. But shes proper fit

plis, i think youre scared of breaking it so your not using enough force. it takes some finess. itll feel slightly loose if its gonna start budging, then you know if its even worth proceeding.

ryan dont get discouraged, its an excellent toy, its just that its overall weight is so centered that the feet travel outward, eventually leading to it doing a split. if the feet were able to get some traction itd support its own weight no problem. im going to look into grip pads for the feet and leg supports. i have a three day weekend so ill nip this problem in the butt. i already fixed my railgun support problem, this shouldnt be too hard. the only other thing would be to figure out how to get the head to pivot and the thing would be all good.

i was actually debating buying a second to make the mgs4 rex and the mgs1 rex. i was gonna steal the antenna for the radome off the mgs4 one and add it to the mgs 1 one. thatd be ez enough seeing in mgs4 there werent any left.

15 Hours and 10 minutes later, i found the piece! It was harder than finding a needle in a haystack. The needle would of been 3 times bigger.

Ive never loved and been pissed off at a toy so much in my life. Its totally worth buying. But its like dating a super hot chick, she might be temperamental, spend your money & be argumentative. But shes proper fit

And she doesn't give up the back door. :monkey1

plis, i think youre scared of breaking it so your not using enough force. it takes some finess. itll feel slightly loose if its gonna start budging, then you know if its even worth proceeding.

ryan dont get discouraged, its an excellent toy, its just that its overall weight is so centered that the feet travel outward, eventually leading to it doing a split. if the feet were able to get some traction itd support its own weight no problem. im going to look into grip pads for the feet and leg supports. i have a three day weekend so ill nip this problem in the butt. i already fixed my railgun support problem, this shouldnt be too hard. the only other thing would be to figure out how to get the head to pivot and the thing would be all good.

i was actually debating buying a second to make the mgs4 rex and the mgs1 rex. i was gonna steal the antenna for the radome off the mgs4 one and add it to the mgs 1 one. thatd be ez enough seeing in mgs4 there werent any left.

Should you hold the plug section over the top or with a underhand grip on the bottom? Also, the circling motion, do you be circling length wise? Kinda like you're cranking the whole gun up and down? I can't believe I just said that...

I tightly gripped the sides so when i was bending the rail gun backwards the arm didnt articulate with it and it just popped out

You could also get a spanner to hold the grip in place so it doesnt articulate whilst you pull. I didnt use any up or down motions

Back