Action Figure Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) DC Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you think about it, Superman is the next easier figure to make, same materials, same fabric, almost exact same costume, just different colors, different head, boots and hands.

I hope they reveal Superman in SDCC

They are not working on a bat armor yet, and they said that they want to reuse bodies (which is why there's no robin yet), so Superman might be next. The Joker is possible too, and they can do multiple versions of him, and it seems Mezco loves that. I would be ok with either one, since both play a major role in the story. Regardless of who it is, Superman will get made....it's Superman. They have to, either from TDKR or some other version.

They are not working on a bat armor yet, and they said that they want to reuse bodies (which is why there's no robin yet), so Superman might be next. The Joker is possible too, and they can do multiple versions of him, and it seems Mezco loves that. I would be ok with either one, since both play a major role in the story. Regardless of who it is, Superman will get made....it's Superman. They have to, either from TDKR or some other version.

Yeah, I'm thinking it's Superman because Joker's suit requires more work and I believe it would require a different body mold.

Of course it's wishful thinking, but it's the most logical choice I can think of, besides, Frank Miller's style looks great in this format.

Yeah, I'm thinking it's Superman because Joker's suit requires more work and I believe it would require a different body mold.

Of course it's wishful thinking, but it's the most logical choice I can think of, besides, Frank Miller's style looks great in this format.

Yeah, seems like the "easier" choice. A 1/12 suit can't be easy either. Even 1/6 companies like HT have trouble making nice looking suits, so it would be a challenge to get it right on a 6 inch figure, so I don't see the joker as the next figure. Plus. it makes sense for them to start the line with Batman and Superman.

Something that's interesting, he mentioned that the reason there's no bat armor yet is because they are still trying to figure out how to put armor on top of fabric costumes, "which relates to other characters" so, I'm guessing one of those characters is the 89 Batman :panic: I'm analyzing every word :lol

I'm still wary of how they're going to approach '89 Batman. Mezco will be the first ones to do a full mixed medium outfit with the armor plating over a fabric costume. Hot Toys skipped it and just went with a one piece body suit and NECA obviously went the plastic route.

It should be interesting how they approach Keaton. I'm assuming it'll have an all new buck that'll be used for all of their realistically proportioned figures? After seeing TDKR and Dredd, I'm having trouble envisioning a non-comic art styled figure.

That's one of the things I was curious about, too, and the suit presents new challenges because getting fabric thin enough to look good on a 6" figure is one thing, but how ridiculously thin is it going to have to be in order for the suit to not look overly bulky?

Maybe a lycra/spandex type material? That could be thin enough. I wonder if they can make Nicholson's Joker? So far only kenner and HT have been able to make him, if you don't count that statue from the early 90's. I'm pretty sure they are also making a Returns Catwoman.

Considering Mezco isn't doing a simple little stylized 2" Nicholson Joker Mez-Itz,

image.jpg
image.jpg

I'm going to say that a 1:12 Mezco Jack Joker is out of the question. We'll be lucky if we get lipstick wearing TDKR Joker for these Miller Batmen. It seems like the only recent companies to get Nicholson's likeness is Hot Toys. After Nicholson, Weller and the 6 figure Star Wars license, I think it's safe to say Howard Chan has a silver tongue and is rolling in dough.

image.jpg

If Nicholson is too expensive for NECA, Mattel and Sideshow, I doubt Mezco can get in on it. 1:12 '89 Batman will probably be a loner.

Last edited:
For 89 Batman, if they really do attempt a fabric suit with rubber armor pieces, maybe the underlying figure would need to be so thin that it's basically an armature. Just a stick figure really. Looking at the NECA 7 inch Batman I can't imagine a figure the same size with a base figure, fabric suit, AND armor on top. It would be way too thick to look remotely good.

But these guys are freaking artists man...hopefully they find a way to pull it off!

I wish Mezco would also make a 1/12 First Appearance Batman. It would be nice to have it displayed with their TDKR Batman -- alpha and omega style.

For the mean time, my 1/12 TDKR will be displayed with my 1st Appearance Batman from DCD.

Did they say Snake Eyes was a "dream" character for them? Cause I would buy the HELLLLL out of a Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow at this scale and quality. Shut up and take my money!! Hasbro sure doesn't seem to want to do anything with GI Joe so why not let Mezco take a crack?

Oh man. This is bad. I was just feeling satisfied with my toy collection. Almost "complete." And now I'm entertaining the idea of rebuying ALL of them...the whole thing...for $65 a pop if they're done as super-poseable 6 inch figures with cloth outfits and detailed accessories.

Mezco might have just reinvented the wheel here. I honestly see the potential for this to be as big a game changer as McFarlane in the 90s and Marvel Legends in the 2000s. Wow.

Hey guys, would love to hear your thoughts -- I love both the regular black and the Previews EX blue version with yellow insignia, but can only get one at the moment. Should I get the P-EX first?

Oh man, it's a tough one, IMO you should get the one that's gonna sell out first, I kinda think it will be the yellow oval one.

Thanks man. I was thinking about that as well, being an exclusive people might jump on that more. The regular's selling well too though. Sold out @ Mezco's direct selling. Also, why's the P-Ex available at a lot of online stores? Thought it's an ex? :lol

Oh well -- might as well get the 2! Man, even the box is BEAUTIFUL.

Back