MMS138 – The Expendables: 1/6th scale Barney Ross Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine last Fri and while I really like it, I guess I got spoiled with the Premium Formats as I got two of those before this 12 inch. I realized while there's a lot more to do with the 12 inch ones, they are still too expensive when I can get an awesome PF for just a little more which is more along my tastes anyways and many feature a lot of accessories for them as well. Barney will likely be my last 12 inch as I ordered 3 at once. But he is a great figure, no doubt.

EDIT--If the price was at or below 100, I'd change my mind, but the price difference is getting so small and ridiculous.

I got mine last Fri and while I really like it, I guess I got spoiled with the Premium Formats as I got two of those before this 12 inch. I realized while there's a lot more to do with the 12 inch ones, they are still too expensive when I can get an awesome PF for just a little more which is more along my tastes anyways and many feature a lot of accessories for them as well. Barney will likely be my last 12 inch as I ordered 3 at once. But he is a great figure, no doubt.

EDIT--If the price was at or below 100, I'd change my mind, but the price difference is getting so small and ridiculous.

Good riddance! :wave

In all seriousness, you're asking Hot Toys to go back to their beginning (when they were charging $100). Their bodies weren't very good and their paint apps weren't that much indistinguishable from Triad Toys and in some cases even as bad as Dragon. The figures they're putting out now (Indy being the exception), are easily twice the quality of their early figures.

Yeah, I'm just saying 180 bucks for a 12 inch figure and 250-350 for most PF--there's not much difference in price for the type of figure. Something will have to give and it's likely they start charging more for PF 20 inch statues since they see people will pay 200 bucks for a 12 inch plastic figure.

It's all relative, even the nicest PF lacks the realism of Hot Toys' figures and other quality factors, PFs have stayed in their price range because they haven't changed, HT figues have evolved greatly. If PFs stepped up, uou can bet their prices would creep near the $500 range.

I like the sixth-scale figures over PFs because they capture the real character essence of whatever material they are deriving it from (movie, video game, comics, etc.)

PFs can only capture a moment of the material, since they have no articulation.

You can go and worry about the moetary difference, how you can add a little & buy PFs. We'll take Hot Toys figures anytime. :wave

Yeah, I'm just saying 180 bucks for a 12 inch figure and 250-350 for most PF--there's not much difference in price for the type of figure. Something will have to give and it's likely they start charging more for PF 20 inch statues since they see people will pay 200 bucks for a 12 inch plastic figure.

Last time I checked, there was quite a bit of difference between $180 and $250-$300. :huh

Don't forget $200 per cloth. :yess:

Something will have to give and it's likely they start charging more for PF 20 inch statues since they see people will pay 200 bucks for a 12 inch plastic figure.

For the past 6 months or so on this board I've noticed a lot of people will pay no matter what it is. It never ends and it's only going to keep driving the prices up.

Is there going to be a second batch of this figure arriving at alter ego or bigbadtoystore iwould like to pick one up if there is going to be more.

Back