MMS138 – The Expendables: 1/6th scale Barney Ross Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this figure a limited ed.? I don't see any number on my box or anywhere else, yet Sideshow claimed it was limited ed.

Is this figure a limited ed.? I don't see any number on my box or anywhere else, yet Sideshow claimed it was limited ed.

That was also the case with HT Wolverine & HT Blade 2.. They don't have any serial numbers on the boxes, I checked with friends who had them and there aren't any.. However the same figures are marked as 'LE (Limited Edition)' on Hot Toys checklists of various forums.. That likely explains why HT Wolverine & HT Blade 2 skyrocketed in price. HT didn't announce them as a Limited Edition, so collectors didn't hoard as much as the Predators Guardian Predator.

So Barney Ross will also skyrocket in price? :naughty

That was also the case with HT Wolverine & HT Blade 2.. They don't have any serial numbers on the boxes, I checked with friends who had them and there aren't any.. However the same figures are marked as 'LE (Limited Edition)' on Hot Toys checklists of various forums.. That likely explains why HT Wolverine & HT Blade 2 skyrocketed in price. HT didn't announce them as a Limited Edition, so collectors didn't hoard as much as the Predators Guardian Predator.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think just about every 12 inch figure on the sideshow website is listed as "Limited Edition,"

Potentially, until a Rambo IV or Rocky Balboa figure is released. Then they'll flood the market and drop below retail.

Yeh, I have a strong feeling his price will increase after a few months cause of he have a good sale on the market right now. :wink1:

Ordered this on Weds. fro GSTG and got it this morning :yess: That was quick! Thinking about putting a wider belt on for his three holster. That thin dress belt doesn't seem quite right to me. He had the whole rig hanging on the plane and I don't think he would of removed it from his belt loops and then put the holster back on the belt before hanging it up.

Ordered this on Weds. fro GSTG and got it this morning :yess: That was quick! Thinking about putting a wider belt on for his three holster. That thin dress belt doesn't seem quite right to me. He had the whole rig hanging on the plane and I don't think he would of removed it from his belt loops and then put the holster back on the belt before hanging it up.

Congrats on getting him! Post some pics after you customized his belt! :monkey1

Good observation, I also replaced the dress belt with a more sturdy one. :) Here's a still of Barney showing the belt, although not as clear.. Don't have time right now to take a screenshot from the movie:

08_72dpi.jpg

And here's the belt I got from Store-rooms.com (their eBay account - Commastore). I know it's not movie-accurate, but the fabric of the belt ensures it won't break easily.. The one that came with the boxed set looks very brittle - both the belt's thin leather, and the buckle. This one is from the Very Hot brand:

A46-30.jpg

Last edited:
Good observation, I also replaced the dress belt with a more sturdy one. :) Here's a still of Barney showing the belt, although not as clear.. Don't have time right now to take a screenshot from the movie:

08_72dpi.jpg

Cool, I thought the belt looked to thin. That's a great shot! Those three pistol had to weight at least a total of 6lbs.
Also notice he didn't use the loops on the vest at the bottom. And no ammo pouches, in this scene at least.

Cool, I thought the belt looked to thin. That's a great shot! Those three pistol had to weight at least a total of 6lbs.
Also notice he didn't use the loops on the vest at the bottom.

Another good catch, bro! :goodpost: The Hot Toys prototype pics showed that the belt was inserted on the loops of the vest, but the movie apparently didn't.

Another good catch, bro! :goodpost: The Hot Toys prototype pics showed that the belt was inserted on the loops of the vest, but the movie apparently didn't.

Thanks, what about the ammo pouches, did he have them in later scenes? They don't really fit on the thicker belt and think of leaving them off.

Back