MMS138 – The Expendables: 1/6th scale Barney Ross Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Christmas Time.

3.jpg

6.jpg

You know, I'm really getting tired of waiting to get some official word from Hot Toys on whether they're going to put the other two Expendables figures (Jason, Lee) that were mentioned when Sly was first announced. You'd think that as popular as both those actor are they would have already did a figure of them from some other film anyway. With the same head sculpt pictured and a $40 suit of the bay I'm thinking of just kit bashing my own Statham figure, love the Transporter series.

I have the headplay head, I must say it does look good for a Transporter figure. The likeness is off and the neck is an issue but i'd recommend anyone wanting to bash a statham to get it.

It can, but, I padded the shoulders and chest on my TT, way to skinny an uppder body with the head on, and I figured padding the shoulders would help elevate the collar and hide the neck, which it does, now I"m happy with him, just needs the cool tactical vest and other gear.

I noticed looking over photos last night, Statham looks quite bulky when he's all suited up so I want the figure to have that too, without padding the body just seems too slim, but easy enough to pad it.

Have you noticed that in some lighting, the head almost looks like Bruce Willis, it's pretty interesting how similar their faces are in real life, I notcied watch Expendables, their noses, the shape of thair heads and their ears.

Can't say that I have noticed that mate but i've not handled it much, I just stuck it on the figure straight away. Hope the other statham head comes tomorrow so I can compare the two!

Based on auction pics, I'd give likeness to the other head, but sculpting quality and paint apps to Headplay. Headplay's got great detailing to the sculpt work and it's really defined, where the other head looks a bit soft, and of course the paint apps are top notch, The other head is more instantly recognizable as Statham though.

@MaulFan: Nice bash, once this is suited up w/ all the gears he need..I'm sure this would look really awesome together w/ Barney. Congrats!

What would be better, keeping a pre-order for this guy, or trading an extra 1984 T-800 Terminator and canceling my pre-order to save some cash? The other trader would have to make up a $30 difference if I decided to trade.

Been thinking about it since my credit card started screaming "I'M TOO HIGH". I've been ordering Hot Toys figures like out the a** for the last year or so, MIcons MJ (all four), Predator, POTA, Terminator (T1,T2, Salvation), Marvel Movie Heroes (Wolverine, Ironman, Black Widow, Blade, War Machine, (not even counting pre-orders for Ghost Rider, Spiderman, and Thor) TT Bodies. Not to mention odd ones here and there like Space Adam, Rambo (jacket), Batman DX and doubles of all MOTUC. And more pre-orders, Indiana Jones, and waiting to pre-order Superman (Reeves) DX, Captain America, The Crow (saw a teaser), MJ Smooth Criminal (Know it's coming) and hopefully a 1984 Reese.

I'm just on the fence about what I should do.

@arrival: Awesome shots on Barney bro! Great lighting. I just have 1 suggestion..why don't you turn his beret to the left to make it more movie accurate. Cheers!

I was going to be picking up my predator 1:1 skull next week but instead went with my hot toys order so hopefully late next week I will have Ross in hands, along with T1, Punisher and Falconer!

Here's one of him as he is now waiting for the rest of his parts from Barney.

7.jpg

8.jpg

Nice,he was quite bulky in Expendables so if you want to spend 70$ on a Body perhaps you should go for the Muscular Royce or Wolverine bodies?

Nice,he was quite bulky in Expendables so if you want to spend 70$ on a Body perhaps you should go for the Muscular Royce or Wolverine bodies?

Well, there's actually no bulk gain to those bodies. I have Wolverine and really, it's a fit, muscular looking body but it is not bulky. I haven't seen the Barney/Whiplash body in person yet to know how that looks, but I'm not sure there is an HT body that has the right bulk. I took a TT body and had to pad the upper body quite a bit to get the right look and it's bulkier looking than the others. Also, this head will really only work with the neck it came with, the new HT muscular body heads have a deep hole in them and the neck really goes quite a bit up inside, the Statham head is not made for that and would sit too high on it, if it could fit on the ball joint even.

That kinda annoys me with something ive done in the past,that the head never fits in a body you had in mind for this character.I have used a drill and knives before to get a bigger hole to fit properly on the Neck but i understand that in your situation that would be alot of work,the whole area under the head is not deep enough for the neck.

I got the other statham head in today, Maul. I can't recommend it enough. The quality isn't quite up to the headplay head, though it's not far off. Looks a lot better than those auction pics show. The likeness is so much closer, it really is Statham from some angles. Get it, seriously! I'm going to order another now.

I like the twin pistols look for this guy but once again the handguns look too small in the hands of a HT figure - the handles don't fill the palms.

Back