MMS138 – The Expendables: 1/6th scale Barney Ross Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly and that's what keeps us all coming back. Ive been here for almost 4 years now :horror

Almost 5 for me. This site has been a blessing for my collecting life. I've been into these movies and collecting since I was a kid, though collecting more like from teen years on, but, it was always private, I never knew anyone locally into this stuff, for the first time in my life, I had somewhere to share my thoughts and fondness for stuff with people who listened because they shared the same thoughts rather than were just humoring me. Even my photos, it's just nice to have a place to share something I really pour a part of myself into, if I didn't have this "gallery" to share my work in, I probably wouldn't shoot stuff, I spent my youth making art that, again, was looked at to humor me but the people I showed it to weren't into the subject matter, but people here are.

It's been a long time huh?! Now there's some love haha! Good for you! :wink1:

Only Sideshow Freaks though, I go nowhere else. It's a very fun community.

Almost 5 for me. This site has been a blessing for my collecting life. I've been into these movies and collecting since I was a kid, though collecting more like from teen years on, but, it was always private, I never knew anyone locally into this stuff, for the first time in my life, I had somewhere to share my thoughts and fondness for stuff with people who listened because they shared the same thoughts rather than were just humoring me. Even my photos, it's just nice to have a place to share something I really pour a part of myself into, if I didn't have this "gallery" to share my work in, I probably wouldn't shoot stuff, I spent my youth making art that, again, was looked at to humor me but the people I showed it to weren't into the subject matter, but people here are.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Really that's what the internet is. A place to find common ground. I'm like you, I would never have taken pics of my stuff if it weren't for here.

Very clever!
I wonder how easy it is to create green screen backgrounds for figure pics.

Not too hard, so long as you don't have green in the figure you're shooting and your green screen is well lit, you can select specific color channels in photoshop to make selections.

Thanks everyone :D

Loving those pics Espen. I am still waiting for my camera. Those are really cool backgrounds, how did you go about making them?

Like Sean said,my PC monitor,plus the red light effect from a headlight i have.

It is easier than people might think,nothing fancy is being used,just a great camera that's all.

:goodpost: Very good post Maulfan! I feel exactly the same. Most of my friends just look at my figures to humor me, but that's it. I can't talk about my collection to them, because deep down they don't care and I respect that, because everyone has their own interests.
But to find a place with lots of great people who share the same interests, hobbies, and ideas is just awesome! Seriously signing up here almost 2 years ago was one of the best decisions I've ever made! :rock :rock :rock

@ Rock83; Your pictures are awesome, man!!! Really nice! I can't wait till I get this figure! Hopefully sometime soon!! :) :rock :rock

I've been lurking around here for almost 3 years I would guess, just recently joined in the fun officially, why it took me so long I dunno :cuckoo: ,but being here really helps me out in my choices of what I want on my shelves and where my money might be best spent. I love looking at all the great photos and reading everyone's opinions on this stuff... So thanks guys. :)

Here, some shoots from my collection. I received it just yesterday with the Punisher (Art Figures)

Barney looks great!!

0188c.jpg

0189m.jpg

186hk.jpg

0186g.jpg

0190n.jpg

0191c.jpg

0192l.jpg

0194n.jpg

0193n.jpg

Nice Pics!!!Glad to see other people trying to keep this thread alive with pics,this is HT's finest figure to date,no doubt!

We need more pics from people here,post away,there is no such thing as too many pics.

^^^ Those photos are awesome, John! :clap Thanks for sharing them!

Thank you! It's a plesure for me, sharing pics with you ;)

@John: We can now see the cast of "The Expendables 2" hahaha! Lookin' great John. Congrats!

TFS!

AhaHAH yes!!! it could be a great movie! :lol

Nice Pics!!!Glad to see other people trying to keep this thread alive with pics,this is HT's finest figure to date,no doubt!

We need more pics from people here,post away,there is no such thing as too many pics.

When I'll take more...I'll share with you, for shure! :hi5:

Are you just sitting around thinking of ways to make my wait longer :tap :lol

Are you just sitting around thinking of ways to make my wait longer :tap :lol

:lol:lol:lol

People have gotten theirs and seen enough pics so they have gone tired of this thread,why do you order from Sideshow?They are very slow with HT figures.

Back