1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Or could it be that these extremely skilled craftsmen who work for Hot Toys were under pressure to get the first head done released the original as a "prototype" to get it shown and then continued to refine it. No couldn't be that. Because these exceptional craftsmen need fans to photoshop images for them because they don't know how.

I laugh at all the :panic: with every release.

I've been collecting HT's for over 4 years now. They release a prototype, they clearly state that its a prototype and ALWAYS refine the thing before release date.

Too many newbs imo.

:goodpost::clap:exactly::clap:goodpost:

Of course, there are always prototypes, but Indy and Supers are case apart. Im glad they are finally getting them right. Cant wait to get this figure!

I'm the nut with the blog spoken of so fondly here -
And I'm very pleased :)

Or could it be that these extremely skilled craftsmen who work for Hot Toys were under pressure to get the first head done released the original as a "prototype" to get it shown and then continued to refine it. No couldn't be that. Because these exceptional craftsmen need fans to photoshop images for them because they don't know how.
Yeah, I must say I agree. This is why I have faith that the clean Bespin Luke head will be tweaked. Anyway, I was pretty cool with the Supes head before, now I'm just blown away - magnificent work by HT! I have been looking at the comparison pics, & the differences are definitely there.

I laugh at all the :panic: with every release.

I've been collecting HT's for over 4 years now. They release a prototype, they clearly state that its a prototype and ALWAYS refine the thing before release date.

Too many newbs imo.

With the amount of blow hards claiming this was 100% dead on accurate I think the :panic: is justified for those that are now getting a better product. Of course for the blow hards it was never 100% but now this time it is and they mean it.... until the 2nd release eventually drops and it'll be the last time again.

With the amount of blow hards claiming this was 100% dead on accurate I think the :panic: is justified for those that are now getting a better product. Of course for the blow hards it was never 100% but now this time it is and they mean it.... until the 2nd release eventually drops and it'll be the last time again.

:goodpost::exactly:

I would like a straight on shot of the head before i comment.

But HT would have tweaked it anyways without all the :panic: so all the blow hards :panic: for no reason other than being typical whiners.

But HT would have tweaked it anyways without all the :panic: so all the blow hards :panic: for no reason other than being typical whiners.

:exactly:

Don't tell me "its because of the constant nitpicking that HT's made the changes" Yeah like 3 years ago maybe. Nowadays its common practice for them.

Nice to see they've improved the head sculpt but what a pity they didn't put the same attention to detail into the chest logo. It's a horrible looking logo compared to Reeve's movie costume. It would have been such a simple fix too to just have some more accurate artwork drawn up.

Hot-Toys-Superman.jpg

Not a good reference pic for your claim. The Reeve S looks horrid there. Not one single straight line. :lol

Nice to see they've improved the head sculpt but what a pity they didn't put the same attention to detail into the chest logo. It's a horrible looking logo compared to Reeve's movie costume. It would have been such a simple fix too to just have some more accurate artwork drawn up.

Hot-Toys-Superman.jpg

Funny, but the real one absolutely sucks.

:rotfl
You guys are hilarious. Make your minds up - do you want something accurate or do you want some idealized version.
I hate to break it to you but all of Reeve's chest logos looked like that. They weren't perfect because they were hand sewn and there are slight differences between all of them on his costumes.
However - I'd rather have a replica that LOOKS like the original movie costume instead of the stylized and innacurate version that Hot Toys picked for their Reeve figure. Just look at the large yellow shape at the bottom of the logo. It's not even close!

It looked great before, it looks great now. I can't say that I see any difference though.

I'm not sure I see much difference in the face itself (it is difficult to tell) ... but there is definitely a difference in the S-curl. The curl is separated from the rest of his hair almost all the way to the root. It blended in MUCH sooner on the original.

There is at least that change. It also looks generally bigger, like the head is sitting lower on the neck. If there are one or two changes, I suspect there are others ... but it is difficult to tell what they are from that picture. Shadows and angle are weird.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:

You guys are hilarious. Make your minds up - do you want something accurate or do you want some idealized version.
I hate to break it to you but all of Reeve's chest logos looked like that. They weren't perfect because they were hand sewn and there are slight differences between all of them on his costumes.
However - I'd rather have a replica that LOOKS like the original movie costume instead of the stylized and innacurate version that Hot Toys picked for their Reeve figure.

Yet if the Keaton Batman logo looked like a Seagull there would have been 80 pages devoted to condemning it by now...

The problem wasn't with the hope HT would fix it. It was with the attack of the blow hards proclaiming it was perfect and they'd murder your first born if it was touched to the vocal few who said it needed work and had plenty of room to improve. The minority was right and that's obvious now.

However - I'd rather have a replica that LOOKS like the original movie costume instead of the stylized and innacurate version that Hot Toys picked for their Reeve figure. Just look at the large yellow shape at the bottom of the logo. It's not even close!

I want an idealized version. That's what's in my head. My memory of the logo isn't hand sewn and asymmetrical. HT made the right choice in cleaning up the logo IMO.

They can box this up and send it to me today (assuming the ankles articulate).

Back