1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

The first problem is that the shield isn't straight - it's not massively wonky but enough for me to notice it and be annoyed by it. This isn't a big deal, it's just tough - a hazard of collecting is that these things happen, like you'll get a badly painted eyebrow or whatever.

The second problem is really glaring to me; the skin tone on this figure's face, neck and hands is way too dark, it's not caucasian AT ALL. The only way the skin tone resembles caucasian is in someone who has spent half their life in the middle east or something. I know Reeve wore some dark make up to give definition to his youthfully slightly chubby features but this is ridiculous. It's very hard to capture this in a photo - the only one that comes close is the third one below and even that isn't as dark as the actual figure. This really spoils the figure for me - Reeve just wasn't asian and this superman is. It could almost be a 'bad superman' custom.

Shield looks like the others I've seen has. I don't think you have any defects there. Skin tone, in your pictures looks good to me. But, it's hard to see in a photo what you're seeing in person. You are the first to mention that though. :dunno

IMAG0060.jpg
[/IMG]

Just a quick pic

:rotfl Is that the first HT Batman Begins, glad they redid it :)

Hopefully we will get the early arrival notice and early processing option. I have the fund set aside for this figure already.

That can't be the new one's head sculpt...surely not. Something looks off.

There's not a huge difference if you ask me when they have the hooded heads on. Tbh i prefer the older version suit it looks blacker and shinier.

review_tfbruce_21.jpg

Man, those Batman figures look terrible.

Yea it's the new one...don't have the original so I can't compare the differences lol

those photos are terrible... absolutely terrible. i have this figure in hand and really dig it... those photos do not do it justice.

There's not a huge difference if you ask me when they have the hooded heads on. Tbh i prefer the older version suit it looks blacker and shinier.

review_tfbruce_21.jpg

Wow I almost was going to get the recast one, before Superman arrived, glad I waited :thud:

Compared to your other HT figures, is the skin that much darker?

Thanks for all the comments on El Superman. I don't have anything to compare him to, simply because I've sold off all my other HT figures, but I used to have All the Superman and all the Batman figures plus the Pirates figures; from memory it certainly seems much darker than those. Does anyone remember Sideshow's Die Another Day Brosnan Bond figure? It's darker than that. When they ship in numbers it'll be interesting to see if anyone else gets a dark one; I think I'll also buy another to see if there's a difference because it's hard to see in photos.

somebody is about to have their waitlist on the exclusive converted

you're welcome

There's already two threads for Batman, no need to bring it into to other threads. :offtopic:

I've seen some reviews of the Bruce Wayne/Batman Begins and I have to say that even if one of those Batmans is suppose to be one, neither looks like what I've seen. I'll be 100% sure tomorrow when mine will arrive.

my final display

Photo1060.jpg

and the batman begins figure rocks

Is that a custom (repainted) Zod? I'd love a close up of the Superman shelf. Great pics, thanks.

That has to be the Mattel Zod right. You know I can't believe Mattel did a great Hackman and Terence Stamp (Zod) sculpt but for Reeve
they gave us this!

IMG_0108-1.jpg

Thank god HT made this

IMG_0264.jpg

Back