1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

You'll get him before Thanksgiving. Although, our international freaks don't celebrate that.

So toys2 should be shipping this bad boy around the 5th, right?

I had to cancel the BB Ex so I'm in dire need of a HT fix, I'll be very happy in November

Just went to customs and deal with paperworks. Am getting this tomorrow from the PO, so excited :rock

Gonna watch Superman 1-2 while holding my figure tomorrow night, and marvel at it when watching. After wife and kids go to bed, that is :lol

reeve-234x300.jpg

christopher-reeve.jpg

Hot Toys sculpt looks the same to me as the way Supes looked a year or so prior to the first film, which is when these shots were taken. The weight of the face or chunkiness is spot on. Obviously Reeve weight-lifted and his face changed slightly throughout filming of the first two movies making a sculpt to choose to do hard. However I'm glad we got a young Reeve likeness.
DSCF4498.jpg

Simply an excellent likeness.
christopher-reeve-20060726-147697.jpg

Just went to customs and deal with paperworks. Am getting this tomorrow from the PO, so excited :rock

Gonna watch Superman 1-2 while holding my figure tomorrow night, and marvel at it when watching. After wife and kids go to bed, that is :lol

that isn't fair.....:thud::thud:

^^ That is awesome! I've been watching all four in excitement over this figure.

I hate to be the first person to criticise this figure, but... I got mine today and I've attached three photos below that I took quickly, not to show off the figure but to highlight a problem. The light was natural but it's a pretty cloudy day, I'll take some more when it's sunny.

The first problem is that the shield isn't straight - it's not massively wonky but enough for me to notice it and be annoyed by it. This isn't a big deal, it's just tough - a hazard of collecting is that these things happen, like you'll get a badly painted eyebrow or whatever.

The second problem is really glaring to me; the skin tone on this figure's face, neck and hands is way too dark, it's not caucasian AT ALL. The only way the skin tone resembles caucasian is in someone who has spent half their life in the middle east or something. I know Reeve wore some dark make up to give definition to his youthfully slightly chubby features but this is ridiculous. It's very hard to capture this in a photo - the only one that comes close is the third one below and even that isn't as dark as the actual figure. This really spoils the figure for me - Reeve just wasn't asian and this superman is. It could almost be a 'bad superman' custom.

Apart from that everything is fantastic - sculpt, paintjob (skin tone aside), stands, box etc - all are the highest of high end. The outfit too, although it feels slightly flimsier than either of the Returns outfits - I think you really need to handle it with care.

I'll take some pics when it's sunny and I'll be interested to see what other people say (maybe I've got a duff figure and most of them are better) but to me this feels disappointing because I know I'm going to have to get it repainted for it to look like Reeve and that shouldn't happen.

i see what you mean, hes does look a little bit dark coloured. maybe you just got a bad batch, dont know how this compares with other..

I hate to be the first person to criticise this figure, but... I got mine today and I've attached three photos below that I took quickly, not to show off the figure but to highlight a problem. The light was natural but it's a pretty cloudy day, I'll take some more when it's sunny.

The first problem is that the shield isn't straight - it's not massively wonky but enough for me to notice it and be annoyed by it. This isn't a big deal, it's just tough - a hazard of collecting is that these things happen, like you'll get a badly painted eyebrow or whatever.

The second problem is really glaring to me; the skin tone on this figure's face, neck and hands is way too dark, it's not caucasian AT ALL. The only way the skin tone resembles caucasian is in someone who has spent half their life in the middle east or something. I know Reeve wore some dark make up to give definition to his youthfully slightly chubby features but this is ridiculous. It's very hard to capture this in a photo - the only one that comes close is the third one below and even that isn't as dark as the actual figure. This really spoils the figure for me - Reeve just wasn't asian and this superman is. It could almost be a 'bad superman' custom.

Apart from that everything is fantastic - sculpt, paintjob (skin tone aside), stands, box etc - all are the highest of high end. The outfit too, although it feels slightly flimsier than either of the Returns outfits - I think you really need to handle it with care.

I'll take some pics when it's sunny and I'll be interested to see what other people say (maybe I've got a duff figure and most of them are better) but to me this feels disappointing because I know I'm going to have to get it repainted for it to look like Reeve and that shouldn't happen.

You got a limited EL FUEGO Super Hombre edition. :rotfl

Seriously has anyone else seen anything like this?

Compared to your other HT figures, is the skin that much darker?

One other thing I noticed is the eyes on third picture looks off lol.

I'd send it back as a defect and get another one.:sancho

The skin tone doesn't really strike me as off, but I might change my tune if I saw a shot next to some other figures. The emblem doesn't look too bad either imo, in fact he looks great in your pics, despite the lens distortion :rock

Stick with it Captain Brit, the skin tone was made that particular hue, so it could give off a different representation in different lighting settings, considering the fine detail they used on the facial and neck region, I think they accented the flesh tone rather well. Besides you don't want to have it to pale otherwise you can get something that looks like this. :lecture
IMG_0294-1.jpg

Oh and Btw, He's definitely not Asian toned, get the picture :wink1:

IMG_0344.jpg

IMG_0344-1.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

Last edited:

IMAG0060.jpg
[/IMG]

Just a quick pic

Last edited:
Back