1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

OMG

/FAINTS

316207_277931838908325_100000745332095_910273_1574463276_n.jpg

Wow. That is hella awesome!

this is a great figure. heck, i bought it after quitting the hobby a few years ago.

but this photo shows two big flaws with the figure.

1. the boots are too short.

2. the trunks should be higher up on the waist.

i wonder if DC was behind this? hard to believe hot toys would overlook this.

Actually that suit is one of the flying suits not the hero version of the suit that was used in close up shots or publicity shots. So the turnks are not usually that high.

Actually that suit is one of the flying suits not the hero version of the suit that was used in close up shots or publicity shots. So the turnks are not usually that high.

i disagree.

regardless, hot toys made the trunks too low. they should be higher. not george reeves high, but higher.

it seems hot toys went for the modern comic look, before the re-boot, of course.

And his S is too big. Oh and his eyes don't blink. Come to think of it, I don't think the figure breathes either.

Hot Toys!??

And his S is too big. Oh and his eyes don't blink. Come to think of it, I don't think the figure breathes either.

Hot Toys!??

now yer just being silly.

as i said before, this is an amazing piece of art, but look at how short the hot toys boots are. they should come up to his knees.

but if hot toys makes as many superman figures as they do batman, they'll eventually get it right.

This is really tempting me to buy a second for a custom.

316207_277931838908325_100000745332095_910273_1574463276_n.jpg

I heard there's an insane OMG spread around here but I can't find the link. Anyone got it handy?

I heard there's an insane OMG spread around here but I can't find the link. Anyone got it handy?

Check out capedwonder.com they have the pictures.

i disagree.

regardless, hot toys made the trunks too low. they should be higher. not george reeves high, but higher.

it seems hot toys went for the modern comic look, before the re-boot, of course.

Not that I want to start a nerd argument but why disagree with the facts of the image before us. It is obvious that there are wires attached to Chris's costume and it is understood that there were multiple costumes worn for various stunts. Therefore, the costume is a stunt costume, not the hero costume. With that understood, the costume varies in cape length, sleeve length and the red shorts are higher up to accommodate a harness.
So I disagree with you.
And honestly this is a toy. A very nice, expensive toy, but a toy none the less. Why pick it apart? Is it a perfect representation of the suit worn by Reeve? No. But it sure is a damn good, if not the best, Superman sixth scale figure out there on the market.

HOOWAH !

My waitlist is being converted for an EXCLUSIVE Superman!

Not that I want to start a nerd argument but why disagree with the facts of the image before us. It is obvious that there are wires attached to Chris's costume and it is understood that there were multiple costumes worn for various stunts. Therefore, the costume is a stunt costume, not the hero costume. With that understood, the costume varies in cape length, sleeve length and the red shorts are higher up to accommodate a harness.
So I disagree with you.
And honestly this is a toy. A very nice, expensive toy, but a toy none the less. Why pick it apart? Is it a perfect representation of the suit worn by Reeve? No. But it sure is a damn good, if not the best, Superman sixth scale figure out there on the market.

that should keep them quiet. wondering what they'll think of next. eyes not blue enough?

wal-mart sells toys.

for $200 plus, i'd like it as close as possible. the trunks are just too short,(regardless if it's supposed to be the hero, walking, or flying suit) and the boots are way too short. it looks like hot toys stuck a chris reeve head and chest emblem on a 1990's superman suit. with a name like "superman 1938" i know you know the differences. it's still a great piece, and i'm thrilled it's finally being released. but for $200 i expect perfection. maybe next time. :peace

wal-mart sells toys.

for $200 plus, i'd like it as close as possible. the trunks are just too short,(regardless if it's supposed to be the hero, walking, or flying suit) and the boots are way too short. it looks like hot toys stuck a chris reeve head and chest emblem on a 1990's superman suit. with a name like "superman 1938" i know you know the differences. it's still a great piece, and i'm thrilled it's finally being released. but for $200 i expect perfection. maybe next time. :peace

You are hilarious, I hope no one takes you serious :rotfl
Anyways shouldn't this be shipping soon since Indy got released?

Back