1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

I guess I'd even take this rather than the current sculpt! :lol

picture.php

I like the kryptonite chain for the exclusivee version

Considering we can happily talk about the '89 Batman film in this thread, I can't imagine why the upcoming new SUPERMAN film is too off-topic???

I mean, you know - because this is what we're comparing it too, obviously. Reeve Superman is iconic.

And that's why I want this! But I don't mind it coming after Christmas... There are other things to buy in the meantime, and I'd rather Hot Toys take their time with something than rush it.

Considering we can happily talk about the '89 Batman film in this thread, I can't imagine why the upcoming new SUPERMAN film is too off-topic???

I'm sure the tone of the commentary had a lot to do with it.

Even when forums were on the go 10 years ago there was less prats. Now everyone has a keyboard to voice their views. Today... a fricken mess.

When did you first get online? same goes for nam, and DiFab...

I went online in... 1998 I think. It was right after I'd met my (then future) wife. And while I am aware that there had been people online at the time Batman was released, they were so few, even in the nerd community, that it didn't much matter

Last edited:

I'm sure the tone of the commentary had a lot to do with it.

I must have missed that... :)

But a lot of my posts were apparently deleted, and I wasn't part of that nonsense at all.

How pissed is HT going to be over Arnie posting that? Unless the final sculpt is really improved, Arnie has just damaged the perception of this figure.

This would be like an actor apologizing for a film about to come out and saying "My next movie will be much better". Even if it's a good movie the actor has still affected the way it will be viewed.

Arnie Kim's sculpt has no articulation and does not need to conform to the needs of a poseable figure. It also is a larger scale. He's also done photoshop work on the final image.

Well said. I'm not completly happy with the proto headsculpt so to see this is like saying 'Stick it where it fits. You can have the cross eyed proto for $200+ but if you want an accurate looking one it will cost $5K

:exactly: "Hot Toy pay me top dorrah fo iffy scurp." :lecture:lecture:lecture

:lol:lol:lol

Hes selling the 1/4 Bruce Lee bust for $5K.

I think he will be selling the 1/4 Supes bust for the same amount, if anyone is willing to pay that price :panic:

Are these busts through HT or are they his little project on the side? Either way HT surely couldn't be happy with this. Sub-par sculpts on Reeve and Ford (IMHO) and then much, much better likeness on his own personal projects. Hmmmm. And $5K for a 1/4 scale bust? WTF?

That's how I interpreted his comment too. I think it may be a language barrier thing, his meaning really isn't clear especially in the context of the comments he seems to be responding to asking him to update the HT sculpt. He could be saying: "please don't worry. Hottoy is Perfect!"...as in you've got nothing to worry about, we've fixed it and it is now perfect...OR..."please don't worry. Hottoy is Perfect!" as in...What are you guys worried about? It's already perfect as it has been shown. Maybe there is no language barrier, and he is being intentionally cryptic. :lol

I guess we'll all see in a few months.

If it's been tweaked/fixed then surely it would make marketing sense to provide updated pics of the said 'perfect' figure and increase sales.

I must have missed that... :)

But a lot of my posts were apparently deleted, and I wasn't part of that nonsense at all.

Nothing to worry about. You asked a question, it was answered (which you saw), and then a troll came tumbling along looking for a fight. :lol

kamandi said:
How pissed is HT going to be over Arnie posting that? Unless the final sculpt is really improved, Arnie has just damaged the perception of this figure.

This would be like an actor apologizing for a film about to come out and saying "My next movie will be much better". Even if it's a good movie the actor has still affected the way it will be viewed.

Arnie Kim's sculpt has no articulation and does not need to conform to the needs of a poseable figure. It also is a larger scale. He's also done photoshop work on the final image.

I wonder if A. kim decided to make those improvements to the likeness and wanted to upgrade the head but HT had already produced mass quantities and decides to go with the original and turns down the new sculpt. And A. Kim posting this new sculpt on his facebook is his way of forcing HT to use the new head by getting the fans involved.

Just pure speculation.

Because I can't understand why Kim would release this photo before the release of the HT product, which he works for, even if at a different scale. If I were HT, I would not have allowed him to release that photo.

I wonder if A. kim decided to make those improvements to the likeness and wanted to upgrade the head but HT had already produced mass quantities and decides to go with the original and turns down the new sculpt. And A. Kim posting this new sculpt on his facebook is his way of forcing HT to use the new head by getting the fans involved.

Just pure speculation.

Because I can't understand why Kim would release this photo before the release of the HT product, which he works for, even if at a different scale. If I were HT, I would not have allowed him to release that photo.

If they don't have the license for 1:4 Reeve, they have no say.

Interesting. I didn't know that licenses would also include and limit the scale representation.
I know Kim said that this was a 1/4 scale but that could be bypassed with a 3d scan and print. Though, I don't think HT uses those in their products. I guess, at this point all we can do is to wait and see.
I've got 2 of these on PO and unless the sculpt changes to worse like the Alice HT, I don't see myself changing my mind.

Back