MMS83 - Hellboy II – HELLBOY figure Spec and Hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, no....don't sell it...trade it...to me for my Mark IV Tony HS. Geez remember? We talked about this....:wink1:

My exposure to Hellboy has only been from the films and while I liked the first one I really enjoyed the second. Much like the Blade series for me. So that said I have to admit I am an average fan but in general I would like to see HT's do more figures from the films. Purchase them or not I would love to see more added to people's collections.

I have to say out of the figures I own, shelf presence aside, Hellboy is one of my, if not my, absolute favorite figures.

I had heard of Hellboy before the films but I had never read any of the books. I too, like the second film the best. There was more humor and they brought Abe forward as a character. I can't speak about accuracy, but I loved the Abe character. He really balanced out HB. I also loved Prince Nuada. He was almost a Shakespearean style character. Good stuff.

All this new attention on Hellboy motivated me to get mine down and take some new shots.

Hellboy.jpg
Abe.jpg

Last edited:
I had heard of Hellboy before the films but I had never read any of the books. I too, like the second film the best. There was more humor and they brought Abe forward as a character. I can't speak about accuracy, but I loved the Abe character. He really balanced out HB. I also loved Prince Nuada. He was almost a Shakespearean style character. Good stuff.

All this new attention on Hellboy motivated me to get mine down and take some new shots.

Hellboy.jpg
Abe.jpg

OH MAN! :horror

Those look great RTP! Top notch!

That pose you have Hellboy in is very unique, love it man!

:clap :clap :clap :clap

@RapZiLLa54: ho, sorry to read that, mine was broken before this pose. :monkey3

@Chigger58 & The Ween: many thanks, guys! glad you like it. :hi5:

@robbiethepainter: yep, veeeery nice shots, rob!!! :clap:clap:clap

Im thinking about getting this figure so I was wondering could I get some pros and cons. Ive also been hearing a lot about the weak plastic used for the legs so is it even worth buying?

Im thinking about getting this figure so I was wondering could I get some pros and cons. Ive also been hearing a lot about the weak plastic used for the legs so is it even worth buying?

Personally I think he's one of the best HT's has done. The sculpt, the accessories, the clothes, all of it is EXCELLENT!

If there are cons, it might depend on how you feel about the rubber body figures and the issue some people are having with the legs breaking. I'm always extra careful when handling the rubber body HT's and make sure I don't force things. I've never had an issue with the legs either. Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones? :dunno

I've got some great poses out of him and he has amazing shelf presence. I would highly recommend him!

Personally I think he's one of the best HT's has done. The sculpt, the accessories, the clothes, all of it is EXCELLENT!

If there are cons, it might depend on how you feel about the rubber body figures and the issue some people are having with the legs breaking. I'm always extra careful when handling the rubber body HT's and make sure I don't force things. I've never had an issue with the legs either. Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones? :dunno

I've got some great poses out of him and he has amazing shelf presence. I would highly recommend him!
Thanks for the thorough response man, I appreciate it. I've been wanting the figure for a while but at the time I wasn't really into collecting. I hope I dnt have any problems with the legs. The main reason I want it is because of the amazing muscle body and big baby. That headsculpt is creepy it's looks so real and those eyes are amazing. I hope I enjoy the figure as much as you do.

I have had the same experience with mine as Chigger. If you like the muscle body and big baby then this figure is for you. Big Baby is such a great piece. Individual shells and the great illustration on the stock. Brilliant. The muscle torso is just bad ass. To me it represents how HB would look if he was real. Awesome as the movie look is, the toy to me looks even better. For a long time he was displayed without the jacket because he looked so good.
But if you get Red, you had better get Blue. :)

^^Thanks and yea I was thinking that too, if I got Hellboy I know Id probably get Abe. I dont do any crazy poses with my figures so the knee should be fine dont ya think?

I have had the same experience with mine as Chigger. If you like the muscle body and big baby then this figure is for you. Big Baby is such a great piece. Individual shells and the great illustration on the stock. Brilliant. The muscle torso is just bad ass. To me it represents how HB would look if he was real. Awesome as the movie look is, the toy to me looks even better. For a long time he was displayed without the jacket because he looked so good.
But if you get Red, you had better get Blue. :)

:goodpost:

All but that last part...RED goes great by himself! :wink1:

(hmmm, wonder what a Blue goes for nowadays on Ebay? Damn you RTP!)

^^Thanks and yea I was thinking that too, if I got Hellboy I know Id probably get Abe. I dont do any crazy poses with my figures so the knee should be fine dont ya think?

The pants are actually a little restrictive so I've never really attempted bending the legs on mine. Like RTP said though...people have fixed it without any problems.

I found a couple still for retail at the different places I shop. Come on chigger, you know you need him to round out the collection.
And to make matters worse, I'm working on a Nuada head sculpt for a custom. The hair should be here by Saturday.

Just be careful with Abe... his damn arm breaks at the mid-bicep very easily. I had my first arm replaced by HT (as it broke before I got it) then about a month after I got the replacement the second arm was hanging limp and evidently it broke at some point while I was posing it :huh

Still an awesome looking figure though, just be very careful with the arms.

Dude that sucks. I haven't had a problem with the internal parts but keeping his arm bent developed small splits in the rubber. Which is why I have him the straight arm pose.

I found a couple still for retail at the different places I shop. Come on chigger, you know you need him to round out the collection.
And to make matters worse, I'm working on a Nuada head sculpt for a custom. The hair should be here by Saturday.

What outfit are you going to use for your custom? Can't wait to see the finished product btw. PM me if I seem to miss it and don't chime in when you post it.

Just be careful with Abe... his damn arm breaks at the mid-bicep very easily. I had my first arm replaced by HT (as it broke before I got it) then about a month after I got the replacement the second arm was hanging limp and evidently it broke at some point while I was posing it :huh

Still an awesome looking figure though, just be very careful with the arms.

Dude that sucks. I haven't had a problem with the internal parts but keeping his arm bent developed small splits in the rubber. Which is why I have him the straight arm pose.

Wow, really campaigning for me to pick one up! :cuckoo: :wink1:

Well so far, but I have to keep in mind HT's surprises, the people frequenting the Burton Batman and Joker thread are stating we won't be seeing those figures until almost, if not, 2012. That frees up some funds for this year.

That leaves on the docket Ghost Rider (haven't fully committed), Spider-man (same) and that's pretty much it for what we've seen full stats on. An Abe might work out well...

BTW, I'm thinking about hunting down some TPB's for Hellboy. Any recommendations from you freaks out there?

Also, have you guys checked out Mack's collection here? Probably, but just looked at it again last night. There is so much great Hellboy there it's :cuckoo:. The styling they used for a lot of those figures is so excellent!

Is that what the first film is based off of?

Yeah, HB1 is loosely based upon the Seed of Destruction story (TPB vol1).... I guess there's a little Right Hand of Doom (vol4) in there too, but you'll be very, very happy... I'd say start with the HB trades then try the BPRD trades when you get to the point where HB leaves the group. Those, TBH, are some of my absolute favorite comics.

Back