NECA: 1/4 Batman 1989 Michael Keaton figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's sad that the NECA has more fidelity to the suit than either of Hot Toys' releases (the texture of the suit; the torso armor piece being a completely separate element; an unmistakable Keaton sculpt UNDER the cowl that truly feels recessed inside, etc). This figure shows its age, sure, and the paint decos aren't next-level, but, damn it if NECA didn't knock it out of the park. I think their Sewer Penguin is even better. Great likeness to Danny DeVito on that one!
And that's the one they didn't rerelease
N7GFI7m.gif

And that's the one they didn't rerelease
N7GFI7m.gif
They DID for, like, five minutes lol but otherwise, yeah... I don't get it. It's more monstrous and grotesque, maybe it sold less? I don't know. But it looks better than the Mayoral version (and I still LIKE the Mayoral one!)

Last edited:
both sculpts have potential but the mayor one always felt slightly undersized to me. you can add some hair to the sculpt to make the figure look even better but stock is also good

It's sad that the NECA has more fidelity to the suit than either of Hot Toys' releases (the texture of the suit; the torso armor piece being a completely separate element; an unmistakable Keaton sculpt UNDER the cowl that truly feels recessed inside, etc). This figure shows its age, sure, and the paint decos aren't next-level, but, damn it if NECA didn't knock it out of the park. I think their Sewer Penguin is even better. Great likeness to Danny DeVito on that one!
NECA could easily have a high-end division. The absolute love and attention to detail/accuracy they have for these licenses is amazing.

Back