NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Neca 1/4 Predator

Limited to 5,000. pretty cool.

NEC11470.jpg

I'm pleased with the articulation being retained, I figured we might have to lose some articulation to get this made at 1/4 scale in order to improve production costs, but having the same ammount as the 8" is great, though I'll probably stick with something like that add, I've really dug that since the Toy Fair prototype.

Are you getting this Steve ?
I want to man since I missed out on the HT version
Yeah, I'm planning to do the same.

The chest strap is just a rubber piece, it peels off pretty easily if you want it too, so no sanding would be required. Same with the armor. Most of it is just molded rubber and can be remove from the body by using a blow dryer to make it soft and you can just peel it right off.
So 3 of use planing to make this guy more realistic? Awesome!

If I can sculpt a removable bio-mask, would any one be interested in one as well? I'm really only able/looking to get one that being the opened mouth version, but tryin to think of ways to mod it to have the bio-mask on and off.

Nice to now know the armor will be molded rubber. As Terminator_Fan_Game said, all the mods I wan't to do will definitely be alot easier than I thought if it turns out that the armor is molded rubber.

I would guess it'll probably be the same for the 1/4, I would think using real netting would be tricky if you couldn't apply the armor after the netting, the legs and forearms will be tricky to make it look as though the netting runs under the gauntlets and leg armor.

I just preordered the open mouth version at BBTS :yess:

I wasn't going to but I'm too scare to miss out on these :lol

This forum has gone ape____.

What is the point of comparing a statue to a figure?

Just collect what you like, who cares what others think.

I own just about every type of collectible...models, statues, figures, one-offs...and I like them all for different reasons.

This continuing bickering about how much better a NECA figure is to a Cinemaquette or a Sideshow piece is absolutely retarded as are those who are participating in the arguing.

This is truly some of the most idiotic and ridiculous crap I've ever read on this forum.

greatest post ever! lol

i agree some of these arguments are ridiculous...

Thanks Boon.

Just noticed your paint ups in your sig.

Since you're a big kit painter...have you ever considered taking on an Alien or Pred kit?

I've got several I need painted.

I want to man since I missed out on the HT version

So 3 of use planing to make this guy more realistic? Awesome!

If I can sculpt a removable bio-mask, would any one be interested in one as well? I'm really only able/looking to get one that being the opened mouth version, but tryin to think of ways to mod it to have the bio-mask on and off.

Nice to now know the armor will be molded rubber. As Terminator_Fan_Game said, all the mods I wan't to do will definitely be alot easier than I thought if it turns out that the armor is molded rubber.
yeppers. an alternate Gort/Guardian mask would also be amazing. are you gonna sculpt the interior details like baloo's mask too?

Thanks Boon.

Just noticed your paint ups in your sig.

Since you're a big kit painter...have you ever considered taking on an Alien or Pred kit?

I've got several I need painted.

thanks brother

i have a few myself im scared to paint! lmao death warrior, double axe , axerator and big hunt!

i would try but id hate to use your stuff as a guinea pig! lol

u going to wonderfest this year?

thanks brother

i have a few myself im scared to paint! lmao death warrior, double axe , axerator and big hunt!

i would try but id hate to use your stuff as a guinea pig! lol

u going to wonderfest this year?

Hell yeah dude.

Can't miss Wonderfest.

If you go, we need to exchange info and meet up.

I never know who is who there. LOL

Hell yeah dude.

Can't miss Wonderfest.

If you go, we need to exchange info and meet up.

I never know who is who there. LOL

yeah definitely...ill be there

i seen you one year with the name tag but i was like this guy dont know who i am ! lol

shoot me a pm with what you had in mind with the paint ups....

This is a dream come true. This piece will save me over $2,000. I was going to purchase the SS EX or CM now that this is official, the CM and SS EX are off my list. I will be ordering 6 in total. All 3 for me, 2 for my brothers, and one for my uncle.

Quick question: Where is everyone pre-ordering this? (i'm a little late to the party) :)

are u serious? :cuckoo:

yeppers. an alternate Gort/Guardian mask would also be amazing. are you gonna sculpt the interior details like baloo's mask too?

I didn't even know there's were interior details :lol I'm relatively new to the predator world. Just got into it about a year ago, but haven't seen Baloo's mask though I've only heard of his mask. I mostly stay in the DC Forum so I don't catch much of what goes on in other forums

But if anyone who has Baloo's mask can get me some Hi-Res pics of 360 shots of it and I can see if I'm up to the challenge. I'm going to experiment with casting over my winter break hopefully I can get it down, otherwise everyones will have to be made from scratch, but not to worry, price won't be crazy if I can get it right. I'm getting ahead of myself haha

I didn't even know there's were interior details :lol I'm relatively new to the predator world. Just got into it about a year ago, but haven't seen Baloo's mask though I've only heard of his mask. I mostly stay in the DC Forum so I don't catch much of what goes on in other forums

But if anyone who has Baloo's mask can get me some Hi-Res pics of 360 shots of it and I can see if I'm up to the challenge. I'm going to experiment with casting over my winter break hopefully I can get it down, otherwise everyones will have to be made from scratch, but not to worry, price won't be crazy if I can get it right. I'm getting ahead of myself haha
boom.
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86060

he isn't quite done with the mask yet but it'll be out soon. better snag one while you can. the inner details are based on the HCG prop replica.

I would guess it'll probably be the same for the 1/4, I would think using real netting would be tricky if you couldn't apply the armor after the netting, the legs and forearms will be tricky to make it look as though the netting runs under the gauntlets and leg armor.

yeah, that makes sense now that you mention it.
im really looking forward to getting this figure...so many possibilities for customisers.

I'm just excited to have an affordable, large scale representation of the original. I love the original Predator and an 18"+ version will look awesome, and I'm happy with the poses this can achieve. Even if it were a statue in the Toy Fair pose, I'd still get that as I like it, but having articulation for small tweaks is nice.

Back