NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Neca 1/4 Predator

But NECA toys in general just lack overall quality and are cheaper for a reason..... they are junk.

To say that IMO is an injustice to the quality of sculpting Neca puts out - far from 'junk'. If I thought anything I buy was junk I wouldn't be buying it in the first place. But thats just me.

I wasn't talking about the sculpting, I meant the figure quality. My son has had a few to "play" with and they weren't very durable. I'm sure it will be just fine for display. Calm down

I think if I ever have a kid and he loves Aliens and Predators as much as I do (I sure hope so), I'll give him my old Kenner figures. I loved them when I was a kid and had lots of fun playing with them. They're durable for play and have action features that are pretty fun for kids.

Soooo... uh.... anyways, I've been thinking, if NECA never does get a chance to make a 1/4 Elder, this puppy might be pretty fun to customize into one. The face sculpting and armor paint would need the most work, and after that depending on how accurate you want to be, the gauntlets, gloves and other details could be added. Would be a big project, but definitely do-able.

i dont know about the elder, but im planning on doing a lot of modifications on these to make them more realistic and less "barbie doll/toy-like", as bronsson would put it.
i want to add real loincloth around his waist area and a leather armour strap around his chest(will probably have to sand down the "cheap toy-like" sculpted strap)
i also want to make the head like the HTs one(changeable mandibles and removable light up biomask)
and of course a light up detonation device.

better articulation and removable armour are also on my list.

i dont know about the elder, but im planning on doing a lot of modifications on these to make them more realistic and less "barbie doll/toy-like", as bronsson would put it.
i want to add real loincloth around his waist area and a leather armour strap around his chest(will probably have to sand down the "cheap toy-like" sculpted strap)
i also want to make the head like the HTs one(changeable mandibles and removable light up biomask)
and of course a light up detonation device.

better articulation and removable armour are also on my list.

Yeah, I'm planning to do the same.

The chest strap is just a rubber piece, it peels off pretty easily if you want it too, so no sanding would be required. Same with the armor. Most of it is just molded rubber and can be remove from the body by using a blow dryer to make it soft and you can just peel it right off.

Yeah, I'm planning to do the same.

The chest strap is just a rubber piece, it peels off pretty easily if you want it too, so no sanding would be required. Same with the armor. Most of it is just molded rubber and can be remove from the body by using a blow dryer to make it soft and you can just peel it right off.

thats cool. ive never seen a neca predator in person so i always thought the chest strap was sculpted onto the body.
same goes for the armour too.
this mod will be a little easier than i first thought :)

I think if I ever have a kid and he loves Aliens and Predators as much as I do (I sure hope so), I'll give him my old Kenner figures. I loved them when I was a kid and had lots of fun playing with them. They're durable for play and have action features that are pretty fun for kids.

Well, don't give him Mcfarlane toys to play with for sure, those break coming out of the package:gah:

Either way, I think this is a pretty good looking figure from the pics and am will buy one for my office. Worst case if I don't like it, I offer it up to a freak like say.......... Bronsson. Even though it sounds like he gets his for free since he has to be a NECA employee or something

Since most of the people in here have been in previous threads where I've had to deal with things, no warnings this time.

EVERYONE better clean up their behavior in here or this thread will be closed and infractions handed out.

While the constant arguing over whose product is best gets old, it is the natural course when multiple manufacturer's produce product based on the same subject and there's a site dedicated to the discussion of those products. However, if people are going to argue their views, do so in a civil manner. Enough with attacking people's financial status or intellectual levels or anything else for feeling the way they do. As long as people are expressing themselves in a civil manner, it is their right to share those opinions at this site and it's no one's right to bully people out of here.

You know what I love about this? There are 45 pages of people talking about this product and near-countless posts on whether it's better/worse than other Predator products...and yet it's not even out yet.

Guess what?

Until it's out, no one will know for sure if it's better/worse or if it's even worth the $80.

Granted, I'm a fan of NECA and I have high hopes for it, but I don't think folks have any real reason to compare their previously released Predator figures to this...at least not until NECA 18"er is in-hand and can really be compared to other Predator collectibles.

Now please go back to your regular daily activities and stop whining/complaining/defending/feeding/drooling/challenging others about this figure until you actually get a look at the production piece.

Thank you. :)

You know what I love about this? There are 45 pages of people talking about this product and near-countless posts on whether it's better/worse than other Predator products...and yet it's not even out yet.

Guess what?

Until it's out, no one will know for sure if it's better/worse or if it's even worth the $80.

Granted, I'm a fan of NECA and I have high hopes for it, but I don't think folks have any real reason to compare their previously released Predator figures to this...at least not until NECA 18"er is in-hand and can really be compared to other Predator collectibles.

Now please go back to your regular daily activities and stop whining/complaining/defending/feeding/drooling/challenging others about this figure until you actually get a look at the production piece.

Thank you. :)

:exactly:

Now the hard part....

:impatient:

well I just placed a pre order On one with the Open mouth .I don't have any predators in my collection So I hope this lives up to the Hype

2h2gtvd.jpg

great mash up Freezer, but i think i would have to put this one as my fav so far

IMG_1241.jpg

This is a dream come true. This piece will save me over $2,000. I was going to purchase the SS EX or CM now that this is official, the CM and SS EX are off my list. I will be ordering 6 in total. All 3 for me, 2 for my brothers, and one for my uncle.

Quick question: Where is everyone pre-ordering this? (i'm a little late to the party) :)

well I just placed a pre order On one with the Open mouth .I don't have any predators in my collection So I hope this lives up to the Hype

I'm sure you'll enjoy it. You can bet the final product will be somewhere between the NECA haters and the eternal loyalists in this thread. But, the sculpt looks good and it's going to be a fun figure regardless. So, if you're expectation is to have fun with it, you won't be disappointed either way.

This is a dream come true. This piece will save me over $2,000. I was going to purchase the SS EX or CM now that this is official, the CM and SS EX are off my list. I will be ordering 6 in total. All 3 for me, 2 for my brothers, and one for my uncle.

Quick question: Where is everyone pre-ordering this? (i'm a little late to the party) :)

bbts............

Back