NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Neca 1/4 Predator

OK just adjusted my BBTS order to the case of all 3 and cancelled my individual orders of masked & closed mouth. Might aswell, its a good deal and I have a good feeling based on the things Tankman said that the paintjobs will be better than usual.

2h2gtvd.jpg

Up for preorder now in the UK with play.com. It sucks you have to take a lucky dip with which version you get:gah:. Fingers crossed for the open mouth one.

OK just adjusted my BBTS order to the case of all 3 and cancelled my individual orders of masked & closed mouth. Might aswell, its a good deal and I have a good feeling based on the things Tankman said that the paintjobs will be better than usual.

:hi5: same here, my friend...i did originally order the open mouth and masked version but decided to get all 3 so i cancelled those individual orders. these will be my 2nd neca figures(my 1st being a 7" endoskeleton about 2 years ago?)
great deal indeed. lets just hope the paint job is up to scratch :pray:

Up for preorder now in the UK with play.com. It sucks you have to take a lucky dip with which version you get:gah:. Fingers crossed for the open mouth one.

wouldnt it work out cheaper if you buy it from BBTS?
it works out about $90(£60) shipped to the UK...and im sure BBTS will ship before play.com as play.com always seem to get there stuff later than everyone else.

Are all beautiful ... you can only discuss some parameters:

- fidelity of sculpture
- paint job
- posture
- Accessories
- price

The first and last interest me. For me the others are less important.

So true.:exactly:

Ah I see, postage is $31 though. So it would work out at £70. Which is about £5 cheaper than play.com AND I could choose which version. BUT we could potentially get hit with import VAT! :(

@bronsson:

1. BTW, the reason the NECA 1/4 Alien looks so similar to the prototype is because the paint is fairly simple.

2. With a Predator, we know there will be differences. At least we saw this with the 7" version.

1. Your post is fairly simple, you talking bull..t.
I can post direct Photos of my other 18" characters when you want, but sorry the difference between Proto and Retail product is the same like on the Alien. Huge Huge Huge :slap:lol

2.Paint on 18" inchers are almost great, this arent 7" or 12" figures but many many here forgotton this.
How can a such small thing (7") can have a perfect scuplt or Paint ?
Think a little before you post, thank you :lecture

Ah I see, postage is $31 though. So it would work out at £70. Which is about £5 cheaper than play.com AND I could choose which version. BUT we could potentially get hit with import VAT! :(

yeah, thats true...i forgot to click on "UK" and didnt realise i was looking at US delivery costs.
but they do ask if you want your parcel to be marked as a "gift"....wouldnt that stop the VAT? it might sound like a dumb question, but im really clueless about import tax/VAT etc etc

Last edited:

To the SS :

14.jpg

32.jpg

This is a good paint-job ? :slap
Neca destroy the statue in likeness & paint easily, its not hard.

and off course Tankmans Masterpiece looks much much more impressive too.

yeah, thats true...i forgot to click on "UK" and didnt realise i was looking at US delivery costs.
but they do ask if you want your parcel to be marked as a "gift"....wouldnt that stop the VAT? it might sound like a dumb question, but im really clueless about import tax/VAT etc etc

I was surprised to get away with it on my last BBTS order which was a big box and had a large enough dollar value the likes of which I used to always get hit by customs for. Not sure what changed that I didn't have to pay customs last time :dunno Seems totally unpredictable to me.

However I trust BBTS completely to deliver things as described, well packaged etc so I use them regardless. They also get most exclusives, frequently have sales, the pile of loot system is useful when you're trying to disguise how much money you're spending to the family by not having a new delivery every other week and so on!

Anyway yeah I decided to get the 3rd Predator aswell. Figured I might regret not having the roaring predator especially since they're adding in an extra open right hand for that very moment from the film and since the paintjob is likely to be better than it is on my little 8" equivalent.

Wow we havent even seen the final product form Neca yet the photo going around is the Proto pic didnt stop me form ordering the mouth closed ver and Im thinking about the mouth open ver as well and I have the Hot Toys one... The proto cant be judged as the final paint work or piece lot of times the real producticon paint isnt anywhere near as good... IE look at the Joker painted by JC Hong by hand and the DX we got...

I was surprised to get away with it on my last BBTS order which was a big box and had a large enough dollar value the likes of which I used to always get hit by customs for. Not sure what changed that I didn't have to pay customs last time :dunno Seems totally unpredictable to me.

However I trust BBTS completely to deliver things as described, well packaged etc so I use them regardless. They also get most exclusives, frequently have sales, the pile of loot system is useful when you're trying to disguise how much money you're spending to the family by not having a new delivery every other week and so on!

Anyway yeah I decided to get the 3rd Predator aswell. Figured I might regret not having the roaring predator especially since they're adding in an extra open right hand for that very moment from the film and since the paintjob is likely to be better than it is on my little 8" equivalent.

thanks mate. and too right about that pile of loot system!
ive been getting parcels delivered to me basically everyday now for the past 2 weeks or so...disguising the money ive spent from family is a great feature!:lol thanks BBTS!

The 1/4 Pred looks pretty good to me and for that price I might add one to my collection. Especially considering that I missed the boat on the Hot Toys one for anything close to a reasonable price, but that's my fault. But NECA toys in general just lack overall quality and are cheaper for a reason..... they are junk. You get what you pay for

Last edited by a moderator:

I've been thinking, if NECA never does get a chance to make a 1/4 Elder, this puppy might be pretty fun to customize into one. The face sculpting and armor paint would need the most work, and after that depending on how accurate you want to be, the gauntlets, gloves and other details could be added. Would be a big project, but definitely do-able.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back