NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Neca 1/4 Predator

I didn't even know there's were interior details :lol I'm relatively new to the predator world. Just got into it about a year ago, but haven't seen Baloo's mask though I've only heard of his mask. I mostly stay in the DC Forum so I don't catch much of what goes on in other forums

But if anyone who has Baloo's mask can get me some Hi-Res pics of 360 shots of it and I can see if I'm up to the challenge. I'm going to experiment with casting over my winter break hopefully I can get it down, otherwise everyones will have to be made from scratch, but not to worry, price won't be crazy if I can get it right. I'm getting ahead of myself haha

Yeah, baloo has REALLY upped the level when it comes to the P1 bio mask.
Im going to try my best to recreate the interior details as accurate as possible...as im sure the other customisers will, now that baloo has set the standard.

Baloo's mask definitely looks superb! I won be getting on as I don't have the HT Original Pred. But lucky to those that do :rock

But Wow looks like this mask will definitely be alot harder than originally thought to be. :horror:slap but I think I can pull it off:monkey3:pray:

Baloo's mask definitely looks superb! I won be getting on as I don't have the HT Original Pred. But lucky to those that do :rock

But Wow looks like this mask will definitely be alot harder than originally thought to be. :horror:slap but I think I can pull it off:monkey3:pray:

yep, same here. good luck bro:wink1:

I do not think that the Neca's mask needs to be adjusted:

2vxpuol.jpg

I don't think anyone's looking to improve the NECA bio, but rather, make a loose one to go with one of the unmasked Predators

I don't think anyone's looking to improve the NECA bio, but rather, make a loose one to go with one of the unmasked Predators

yup, thats what we are hoping to do.

Lord Freezer - i think the outside of neca's mask looks pretty much perfect, so no real adjusting needs to be done to that.

yep, same here. good luck bro:wink1:
Thanks man!
:exactly:

There are lots of mods I plan to make for the unmasked open mouth version, but just add-ons really like real material loincloth as well as leather straps and the like. Probably give him that glossy look too

difficult to apply a mask...

Difficult yes, impossible we'll see :lol I'm only making such mods b/c I for one can't afford to buy all 3 and don't see the point for just a different head so I'm buying my favorite and adding some to give it a slight different display option. Kudos to those that can buy all 3 though! :rock I envy you! :lol

I'm just for one too, one alone is going to take up quite a bit of space on me, I can't imagine giving up the space 3 will take just for essentially the same character, unless your collection was dedicated to Predator. I even limit PFs just because their size will eat up your display space quick unless you're particular about who you get. With this Predator, I'll have 4 18" scale pieces and they take up quite a bit of space as is.

Which is why I find the whole thing silly. But what are you gonna do. NECA likes money.

Well, I don't blame NECA for doing 3 figures, we've been told that Predators are more costly to make than the more standard characters NECA does, and Kyle says NECA's putting more effort into this figure than normal, doing 3 separate figures is the best, sure fire way to recoup costs. if we got the same quality with 3 heads and it cost $240, far less people would get it. Make them $80 each and you can sell individuals, pairs and full sets. Since it's pretty much this or no 1/4 Predator, I'll live with it. I'd probably use the unmasked roaring dominant anyway so it's no big loss that I won't have a bio head.

Well, you can tell me this is for cutting costs on things, but I still dont agree with it. I never will. MEZCO pulled this ____ years ago with their Hellboy stuff. And King Kong. I thought it was equally bull____ty that time too.

Well, I don't blame NECA for doing 3 figures, we've been told that Predators are more costly to make than the more standard characters NECA does, and Kyle says NECA's putting more effort into this figure than normal, doing 3 separate figures is the best, sure fire way to recoup costs. if we got the same quality with 3 heads and it cost $240, far less people would get it. Make them $80 each and you can sell individuals, pairs and full sets. Since it's pretty much this or no 1/4 Predator, I'll live with it. I'd probably use the unmasked roaring dominant anyway so it's no big loss that I won't have a bio head.

:exactly::goodpost:

I dont think a Predator with 3 heads would cost 240 bucks.

100 ish....probably. 120 maybe. I'd pay that. Honestly. I'd pay that for a 20 inch Predator with 3 heads.

People can argue all they want.

$80 for a 1:4 Pred figure is a great price.

Even if they only made 1 head sculpt and never offered anything else.

Back