NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Neca 1/4 Predator

I just couldn't choose one, so i'm getting all three,
if i get tired of looking at the 1 i have displayed. ,then i get one of the others out, then the other

The sculpt for the full size figure looks fantastic.

I hope this isn't a stupid question, but how does that work? How do they create the larger sculpt from Kyle's smaller original sculpt? For the larger sculpt to faithfully reproduce the details of the smaller sculpt, don't they have make a whole new sculpt? And wouldn't that take a similar talent to the one that made the first sculpt?

The sculpt for the full size figure looks fantastic.

I hope this isn't a stupid question, but how does that work? How do they create the larger sculpt from Kyle's smaller original sculpt? For the larger sculpt to faithfully reproduce the details of the smaller sculpt, don't they have make a whole new sculpt? And wouldn't that take a similar talent to the one that made the first sculpt?

I have no idea, but id love to know how its all done too.

i think i'm partial to the closed mouth. Most Predator collectibles are either roaring or wearing the bio, very few closed mandibles.

:exactly:................always been the more aggressive look of a Pred. Still havent decided which one I'm gonna get, but when i do get one, you can bet your ass we will get a review and comparison to "high end" items since everyone thinks this will be better than anything else already out.

Laser scanner? That sounds sophisticated and modern. Haven't people been doing two-ups for a long time now?

Maybe Kyle can clue us in as to how it's done. The whole process looks interesting to me. Kyle! Your fanbase is calling.

I thought this was based off of Kyle's original sculpt of the P1 that we saw at SDCC?

It was already this large to begin with.

I thought this was based off of Kyle's original sculpt of the P1 that we saw at SDCC?

It was already this large to begin with.
i was under the impression that was a two-up. it couldn't have been more than 15" in that case.

The Toy Fair models are in the 1/6 scale.

IMG_2684.JPG

In that case, they had better pump those up, rather than pump up the existing 7" version. It may have worked with the Alien, but not with P1, especially since P1 lost some sculpt details in the final product run (such as tummy bulk, which we NEED).

From what I've seen, NECA's products are sculpted at 12" scale and shrunk and expanded for the other scales. I've had 2 18" NECA figures and they were quite better than the 7" versions so there should be not issues with this one. Just look at the raw sculpt shots that have been posted, the detail on the face looks great.

In that case, they had better pump those up, rather than pump up the existing 7" version. It may have worked with the Alien, but not with P1, especially since P1 lost some sculpt details in the final product run (such as tummy bulk, which we NEED).

Yes, he needs those little "love handles" back.

Hard to say for sure, but it looks like he's got some overlap at the belt line going like the Toy Fair model.

necapredator1.jpg

Back