NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Neca 1/4 Predator

This year was Predator-riffic. I mean, 2011 promises some great stuff, but look at all the new lines that got started over the past 365 days! NECA, HT, SSC... and somehow my wallet's not complaining. Guess it's a sign.

Yeah I guess 2010 was but if NECA can take the 18" to the next level than 2011 will be the year. Will have to wait and see....

I hope the netting will be like in the prototype. The texture is not hexagonal!!! Tankman you can reassure us?

27yykcm.jpg

You'll probably have to settle for the netting not being exactly right, it may not be possible to find that sort of material with the proper scale and the exact pattern. They'll use whatever's cheapest and most available and clsoest in scale probably before worrying about the shape of the gaps.

Hot Toys' was hand made I think, hence the way they got it to be perfect shaped, NECA is probably not doing that so I assume we will get some sort of netting, not exactly perfect though.

I'm sure NECA's probably just sourcing premade netting material that's close enough in scale. We're lucky to get this guy at 18" scale, but there will be concessions to keep the price down and to put more effort into other details. To have a better paint job I'll leave with cheaping out on the netting.

I understand the pursuit of accuracy, but I think people need to remember that this is NECA and no matter how much they or we want 100% accurracy and awesome quality, they're an American company using foreign production facilities, there are limits to what they can do for certain prices.

You could get a 100% spot on 18" NECA Predator but it'd probably cost $200+, and NECA's customer base is not made up solely of people like us who are used to paying big money like that for a single thing, they also have the collectors who want to or can only spend lower money, and since they need to sell to both, they go as far as they can for people like us with the quality while trying their best to stay cheap for the other collectors.

I wish NECA would do a small release of like Collector pieces, each at $200. Have the quality of Hot Toys or Sideshow bu yet have the pose ability of NECA's 7" figure.

I understand the pursuit of accuracy, but I think people need to remember that this is NECA and no matter how much they or we want 100% accurracy and awesome quality, they're an American company using foreign production facilities, there are limits to what they can do for certain prices.

You could get a 100% spot on 18" NECA Predator but it'd probably cost $200+, and NECA's customer base is not made up solely of people like us who are used to paying big money like that for a single thing, they also have the collectors who want to or can only spend lower money, and since they need to sell to both, they go as far as they can for people like us with the quality while trying their best to stay cheap for the other collectors.

Well were still paying $80+ for these, so I dont think its to much to ask for proper netting.

At the price we are paying, I don't have an issue with the netting being slightly different. I think these would be a steal without paint or netting.

It looks to me like they are using the same netting as a loofah thing my GF has in the shower. If it's the same, I think it will look good and it's very strong, so I wouldn't worry about snags.

Yeah, I have to admit...that thing was a HUGE soup sandwich.

Back