NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Neca 1/4 Predator

well for $80, dont hold your breath. You will get what you payed for. Plain and simple.

I paid £15 for this:

Figure1.jpg

So anything better is a bonus.

I Hope of a much better Pant Job than the 7" Versions.
Right colours (dark Brown, a metallic Armor, Dark Grey Eyes wit Yellow Pupils, Blaxk aoound the Eyes).

For 30 dollars more than the other 18" versions the Paint Job must a High Quality.

That's how it came out of the packaging:yess:

well if thats top notch to you man, you have no idea what your missing out on.

It wont be top notch I am sure about that but It can be good for 80. But it won't be at Sideshow's level. Not by far.

yea i know, but i think some ppl expect it to be at that level, but it just wont for that price.

well if thats top notch to you man, you have no idea what your missing out on.

I didn't say it was the best it could be. I meant that for the £15 I paid for it, I was happy enough. If anything, paying 4/5 times more than that for the 1/4 I expect alot better paint job.

I paid £15 for this:

Figure1.jpg

So anything better is a bonus.

Different factory, double the cost of their usual 18" stuff, and 1/4 scale... I'd say it's pretty hard not to get great paint apps on this piece. At least better than the 7"-ers for sure.

I got lucky about a week ago and stopped into a small record store which happened to have the original Predator figure from PREDATORS for $20. I haven't seen it cheaper these days.

Anyways, after looking it over, I am super excited about the 1/4 scale version. The worst thing about the small version is the painting of the webbing, and the big one will have the real thing. The next thing I didn't like was the closed hand, but the big one comes with a open one, so I'm set.

I'm glad I ordered a set of three. As for the paint, I'm not worried at all, it will probably need some touch ups here and there, but like others have said, it is well worth the $$$ even if it came unpainted. Heck, buy one, have somebody repaint it, make a stand and it would still be much cheaper than Sideshow and be poseable to boot. I can't even imagine any complaints at this price point.

THANKS TANKMAN!!!!!!!!!!

2011 is the year of the Predator. With so many planned products of the Predator: NECA, Sideshow busts, Hot toys Classic maybe? I'm eager to see which one turns out to be my favourite piece.

2011 is the year of the Predator. With so many planned products of the Predator: NECA, Sideshow busts, Hot toys Classic maybe? I'm eager to see which one turns out to be my favourite piece.
You mean 2010. The movie, game, comics, announcements etc..
After seeing the Pred LSB I'm even more excited about the closed mandible version of NECA's 18 incher.. Closed mandibles has always been the most iconic version for me. :)

You mean 2010. The movie, game, comics, announcements etc..
After seeing the Pred LSB I'm even more excited about the closed mandible version of NECA's 18 incher.. Closed mandibles has always been the most iconic version for me. :)

2011 is the year I get 3 NECA 18" Preds and hopefully the LSB:wink1:

This year was Predator-riffic. I mean, 2011 promises some great stuff, but look at all the new lines that got started over the past 365 days! NECA, HT, SSC... and somehow my wallet's not complaining. Guess it's a sign.

Back