NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...yup, the only thing keeping them from being perfect is the paint job, but then again these are mass produced not too expensive figures.

Sent from my Moto E using Tapatalk

...yup, the only thing keeping them from being perfect is the paint job, but then again these are mass produced not too expensive figures.

Have to disagree with you there. Back then paint apps were fantastic @$14.99 CAN each. Today paying $30 to $35 CAN each with less than brilliant applications.

Brilliant composition! Rather inspiring for a drawing or painting, I must say...

I’m a little late on the reply but thanks man!

I had to shop around for the Commandos but my pair arrived today. These guys are great and first of the human figures that I felt I needed more than one of the same figure. Looking forward to seeing what they have on display at the show!

WYCOM 029.jpg

Agreed. As much as I love what NECA is releasing their facial paint job as taken big large steps backwards. Go back and look at Neca’s earlier figures and their paint apps (Hellraiser, Dr. Loomis, Early Cult Classic’s (i.e.. Ash). Even look at the old Wolf Predator and compare to todays AVP.

I continue to collect NECA so I can say “I have a Ripley figure from ALIEN 3”. But I am rarely impressed with their “facial paint apps”

I do know for a fact they did change factories years back!!

Its too also the main problem I have with NECA is the wild variations of their paint apps. Some figures look pretty good while others look like someone tried to colour them in with an overly thick crayon. Its the main reason why I buy a lot of my figures from them at my local comic book stores despite paying nearly 50.00 each for them since at least I can check over the stock hanging up on the pegs and pick out the best painted ones. Most of the time its the human figures that are the worst hit with sloppy paint but now and again even the Aliens themselves will get shoddy work.

Still trying to figure out what the one or two big surprises for the Aliens line will be at SDCC. Randy seems to be saying that we will be surprised at what they reveal even though we kinda know what to expect aka the Kenner Aliens and maybe Resurrection too.

Besides the rest of the marines in the background and a few of the bigger named Fiorina prisoners, the one things that would be a big wtf reveal would have to be for me either a vehicle or another Queen variant but heavily retooled OR, if they are bold enough, a hive playset.

Still trying to figure out what the one or two big surprises for the Aliens line will be at SDCC. Randy seems to be saying that we will be surprised at what they reveal even though we kinda know what to expect aka the Kenner Aliens and maybe Resurrection too.

Besides the rest of the marines in the background and a few of the bigger named Fiorina prisoners, the one things that would be a big wtf reveal would have to be for me either a vehicle or another Queen variant but heavily retooled OR, if they are bold enough, a hive playset.
...yesterday Randy said they're showing anything beyond series 10, so the guessing game continues

I’m a little late on the reply but thanks man!

I had to shop around for the Commandos but my pair arrived today. These guys are great and first of the human figures that I felt I needed more than one of the same figure. Looking forward to seeing what they have on display at the show!

View attachment 278299

...that the brown Dog I presume?

Drake dammit. We need a Drake.

You know, it wouldn't surprise me if they tease him in the background of a diorama somewhere somehow or show an unpainted face prototype. Other than that I would love to at least hear from them new likeness rights they have obtained recently for the Aliens line and at least know where they are headed.

You know, it wouldn't surprise me if they tease him in the background of a diorama somewhere somehow or show an unpainted face prototype. Other than that I would love to at least hear from them new likeness rights they have obtained recently for the Aliens line and at least know where they are headed.

I hate to say it, and I hope I'm wrong and we get a few more '30th anniversary' surprises, but once 2016 comes to a close, I fear 'Aliens' will be in the rear view mirror.

Then it will be Kenner full steam ahead for at least 3 or 4 waves. They'll sprinkle in a resurrection wave then a mixed wave (that will include the Lambert that they have already shown) to break up the Kenner ones, but it's Kenner time. That is 2+ years worth of waves right there.

Hard to see how more '86 stuff will happen (outside of Kenner repaints of the marines, which we will probably get).

Well that'll be money saved or a chance to pick up a few bits 'n bobs on my wantlist that I've been putting off due to all the new NECA preorders.

I hate to say it, and I hope I'm wrong and we get a few more '30th anniversary' surprises, but once 2016 comes to a close, I fear 'Aliens' will be in the rear view mirror.

Then it will be Kenner full steam ahead for at least 3 or 4 waves. They'll sprinkle in a resurrection wave then a mixed wave (that will include the Lambert that they have already shown) to break up the Kenner ones, but it's Kenner time. That is 2+ years worth of waves right there.

Hard to see how more '86 stuff will happen (outside of Kenner repaints of the marines, which we will probably get).
... there's going to be one Kenner tribute series every year. They have other stuff to cover. Series 11 will be a mixed one (fingers crossed Lambert there) and 12 probably Resurrection. They also have AVP-R and Covenant scheduled for next year

Hey guys did anyone do a side by side comparison of the Brown Dog Alien that was just released? is it identical to the previous release?

Regarding the Kaiser doll stands, which is recommended for the 1/4 Warrior Alien? 3075, 16'' to 26'' or 3101, Chubby waist 15'' to 20'', or 2601, 14'' to 22''?

Picked up a Weyland-Yutani commando today after skipping it the first time I saw one at TRU. It's a great figure overall. Like every one else the decal sheet was stuck to the packaging and ruined. My only gripe is that on mine his pulse rifle has areas where the black paint had chipped off revealing white plastic underneath. Very cheap compared to the rest of the figure. I could care less about alien 3, but this is a fun figure, I plan to do lots of pics of him soon.

Randy said some of their prototypes and dioramas are delayed in fedex right now (Kenner Aliens + diorama, Ultimate Jungle Hunter, etc.) and should be ready by tomorrow.

They have posted photos of their display cases at SDCC on their twitter about an hour ago, so you can get a good look of what to expect minus a few stuff that's not ready.

In the meantime though, GITD eggs are coming this October.

Cn13hnKUkAEGFZY.jpg

Back