NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New trailer for Covenant just officially went up. You briefly see the Neomorph and there's shot below of the big Xeno at the end of the trailer.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I wonder if NECA's version will be able to pose its legs in that position. :lol

i dunno, for me it looks like a cross between Gollum and Nanosuit.

New trailer for Covenant just officially went up. You briefly see the Neomorph and there's shot below of the big Xeno at the end of the trailer.

I wonder if NECA's version will be able to pose its legs in that position. :lol

If NECA's version looks like this I'll be picking it up. I've always avoided buying Big Chap because he looks so clumsy.

It looks like what I would expect. A studio morphing of the Giger/Cameron/fanboy alien designs.

A studiofanmorph alien design sure does look craptastic!

Anyone have issue with the Xeno bashing its head against the glass of the ship? That kinda took me out of the excitment.

no, in fact I like how 'active' they are depicted. As expressed in the movie thread, previously we had limitations of special effects hindering what we were left to make up what the xeno could do. Now with CGI we can actually see it. I do like how they are more buglike, I don't like the way they have seemed to borrow a lot from the Pumpkinhead creature design vs. Giger's original one. it seems with each successive iteration they go farther and farther from Giger's design.

Anyone have issue with the Xeno bashing its head against the glass of the ship? That kinda took me out of the excitment.

I don't see that xenomorph as the same one from the previous trailers shower scene. That one was more like gigers Xenomorph, this one appears to be more vicious, straightforward thinking and impulsive. Seems like more of a Grunt - soldier Xeno.

Could be I'm wrong and that they are both the same Xeno, but I can't imagine this Xeno sneaking around doing stealthy kills after that final scene we saw.

It could have inherited Bipolarism from one of the human hosts. Ridley Scott never was able to get the movement he wanted for the alien in the original Alien film due to the very limited mobility of those rubber suits they used.

New and Improved by scarrviper, on Flickr

Had the chance to pick this set up tonight locally. I'll try to get some comparison pics done tomorrow with the the series one versions.

My first impressions of this set are good. They do feel like they are made from better plastic than the originals, and the fleshtone plastic looks far better than the painted skin of the originals. The only negative I see are the eyes are not painted the best (all the ones I saw at the store had at eye issues). I will try to touch them up tomorrow. I will say that the eyes are not nearly as bad as they were with the original releases. Do watch the paint on these. One set had Hudson's name printed way off center on the armor. Another big difference I see is the material used for the straps on the accessories. It is very flexible and almost gummy feeling. I may try replacing them like I did with Ripley's weapons.

I's say overall these are a vast improvement and if you missed the originals than this set is for you.

I don't see that xenomorph as the same one from the previous trailers shower scene. That one was more like gigers Xenomorph, this one appears to be more vicious, straightforward thinking and impulsive. Seems like more of a Grunt - soldier Xeno.

Could be I'm wrong and that they are both the same Xeno, but I can't imagine this Xeno sneaking around doing stealthy kills after that final scene we saw.

Actually quite like the violent head bashing against the glass to get to the pilot. Its savage and primal but at the same time smart.

Problem is that version of the warrior is massive. I doubt NECA and Randy with their cost cutting and part reuse love are gonna invest in a figure of that one at least lol

Actually quite like the violent head bashing against the glass to get to the pilot. Its savage and primal but at the same time smart.

Problem is that version of the warrior is massive. I doubt NECA and Randy with their cost cutting and part reuse love are gonna invest in a figure of that one at least lol

Looking back at the Trailers it does seem that it's the same Xeno that was lurking around in the first trailer though (the tails are the same)

I like it aswell, think you hit it on the spot with this new Xeno being a lot more Primal and violent. I quite like that and the way it moves etc. but I'm not sure yet how clever / smart it is. Don't really see the head banging being that smart myself, if we saw the 79 Xeno doing that it would seem completely out of character. But I completely buy it with the way this new xenomorph is a more basic primal instinct kind of animal.

I sort of see this Xeno as being the V.1 one of the first and the 79 being the "perfect organism", and that might be exactly what Ridley is trying to say?

I can give a bit of insight here, as I can confirm this figure will cost more than the usual Neca figure. So this seems to suggest they are going to do it justice.

This would also explain why it's not a series of 3, in fact it's not even a series of 2 as they are sold as separate figures and not part of a series. (They are not sold together in cases)

The second "new creature" figure is priced normally and will most likely be the Neomorph which would be completely new tooling.

Will be interesting to see how they go about doing more figures from the Alien Covenant movie. Perhaps they are thinking that with these 2 + the Creature pack, they won't need to make anymore from the movie.

If it indeed isn't a series and this is the complete lineup then that would be a clever way for them to get around from having to make the Crew / Human figures...

The neomorphs seems a bit to small to be as scary as the Xeno imo. I'm wondering if they'll look silly next to the normal sized figures.
I wonder if they'll coexist or be hostile ot one another on film.

Will be interesting to see how they go about doing more figures from the Alien Covenant movie. Perhaps they are thinking that with these 2 + the Creature pack, they won't need to make anymore from the movie.

I'm guessing that Neca will gauge the demand for human figures from Covenant based on the sales of the new xeno and neomorph, and possibly the overall success of the movie itself. Leading with those two figures is smart, since they know from their sales data that creatures sell more units than humans. If the sales of the two indicate a desire for more figures from Alien Covenant, then I think we can expect human figures from that movie (I assume the likeness rights are included in the licence, like they were for Prometheus). Neca has shown us that if the demand is there, and licencing is not an issue, they will make more figures. I mean, did anyone think we would ever get a WY commando from Alien 3, or Frost from Aliens? They are likely just taking a "wait and see" approach, rather than over-committing.

Back