NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I couldn't wait, so l got the red one for the time being.
The good news is that the webbing seems to be painted red. So I assume it's just clear plastic if you strip the paint off.
It's a terrifically terrifying sculpt.

Randy, I want a 1/4th scale Dog Alien! (>_<)

20170313_032706.jpg

Just went through one of my Alien Creature Effects books.
The more l look at it, the more it's starting to seem like 1:6th scale.
Here's a picture alongside HotToys' facehugger.

Received 2 of the Hicks/Hudson 2 pack. Ehhhhh. Disappointing from what I can see through the blister. Looks like I got one ''Game over man'' head with a decent paintjob and in the other set I've got a good ''Die m********ker!'' headsculpt. I've got no good Hicks headsculpts. They all have one thing or another wrong with them - if the eyes are straight there's some other mess or scar-like line through his face, if there's no other mess the eyes are crossed or unevenly painted. One of the Hudson figures is headless in package. It doesn't bode well.

Do the helmets come off or are they affixed to those heads? I got my set and didn't want to force the helmet removal if they are glued on. I did swap heads ok, but was just curious.

What would be cool is if they made the non-helm Hicks with the radio earpiece, and included a light...ala Ops Battle

vlcsnap-2012-06-01-15h37m29s105.png

images

But no, that'll probably be another 2 pack set...Ops Battle Hicks/Vaz!

The helmets are glued and pegged into the HS, they can be removed with boiling water but the peg inside the helmet will leave a hole in the HS some paint will pull off when you remove the helmet.

Do the helmets come off or are they affixed to those heads? I got my set and didn't want to force the helmet removal if they are glued on. I did swap heads ok, but was just curious.

What would be cool is if they made the non-helm Hicks with the radio earpiece, and included a light...ala Ops Battle

vlcsnap-2012-06-01-15h37m29s105.png

images

images

Randy did hint on Twitter that they may make an Ops Vasquez. Not sure if they would consider making an Ops Hicks. That would basically be the same as the current figure with just the addition of the headset. I wonder if it would be possible to remove the headset from Vasquez, modify it a bit, and put it on Hicks for a custom Ops version. Doing that would probably destroy the Vaz head, but if it didn't, that would also be a good start on making a custom Ops Vaz as well.

Randy did hint on Twitter that they may make an Ops Vasquez. Not sure if they would consider making an Ops Hicks. That would basically be the same as the current figure with just the addition of the headset. I wonder if it would be possible to remove the headset from Vasquez, modify it a bit, and put it on Hicks for a custom Ops version. Doing that would probably destroy the Vaz head, but if it didn't, that would also be a good start on making a custom Ops Vaz as well.

Considering they sculpted his hair as if he was wearing a headset under his helmet, I am sure they must have considered it at some point. Only a matter of time I would think. The 2 pack idea makes sense I think since such a small change on Hicks alone probably wouldn't move much product.

As for modifying Vaz's headset, afraid it is not worth the trouble. Completely different headsets. The smartgun rig used the Beyerdynamic HM560 headset where the one worn by Hicks (and Gorman, Ripley, Vaz later in the movie, etc) were Racal minilites. Very different styles.

As for modifying Vaz's headset, afraid it is not worth the trouble. Completely different headsets. The smartgun rig used the Beyerdynamic HM560 headset where the one worn by Hicks (and Gorman, Ripley, Vaz later in the movie, etc) were Racal minilites. Very different styles.

Thanks bbt. I figured that someone on here who does a lot of mods would know. I just researched it a bit and I now see what you are talking about with the fully sculpted hair and seam across the head which is under the helmet on the screaming Hicks figure. Maybe they were thinking about using that head for an Ops version.

Received 2 of the Hicks/Hudson 2 pack. Ehhhhh. Disappointing from what I can see through the blister. Looks like I got one ''Game over man'' head with a decent paintjob and in the other set I've got a good ''Die m********ker!'' headsculpt. I've got no good Hicks headsculpts. They all have one thing or another wrong with them - if the eyes are straight there's some other mess or scar-like line through his face, if there's no other mess the eyes are crossed or unevenly painted. One of the Hudson figures is headless in package. It doesn't bode well.

I quote myself because I want to say that I was overly downbeat as it turns out. After opening them up I'm a good bit happier.

Any heads that had paint mess I was able to scratch off the unwanted paint to reveal the skin-tone underneath - so I now have at least one of each headsculpt from both characters across my 2 sets that I consider usable.

Everything else I like and truly do consider to be an improvement on the original releases. That was my big hope about this set.

The main disappointment that remains is Hicks - even the eyes that are pretty much OK are painted upturned which makes him look evil or in 'Terminator' mode. He never looked that way in the film.

The main disappointment that remains is Hicks - even the eyes that are pretty much OK are painted upturned which makes him look evil or in 'Terminator' mode. He never looked that way in the film.

1452145022-0.jpg

"hey baby. i'm gonna evilly terminate you." :lecture

Back