NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perfect!

attachment.php
maxresdefault.jpg

:(
now i'm even more afraid to purchase it.

You guys are saving me 50 euro's. I have the original helmet versions and was set on getting the new 2 pack, just because. But I hear wayyy to many problems with them. And now the above. Unbelievable.

You guys are saving me 50 euro's. I have the original helmet versions and was set on getting the new 2 pack, just because. But I hear wayyy to many problems with them. And now the above. Unbelievable.

If you can find the set and inspect it to find a good piece I would recommend buying it, if you get it shipped without seeing the set then it could be a crap shoot. I will say that I bought a couple sets online and both were great.

Man it's hard to keep track of how Hicks and Hudson were equipped in various scenes in the movie. I'm trying to match my figures to particular scenes as closely as I can but one second it looks like Hicks has a slung Motion Tracker and then it's his slung pulse rifle. One second it's just over one shoulder then it's acrossways onto the far shoulder or now he suddenly has both slung Pulse Rifle AND slung motiontracker....I...I...it's just too much...

Man it's hard to keep track of how Hicks and Hudson were equipped in various scenes in the movie. I'm trying to match my figures to particular scenes as closely as I can but one second it looks like Hicks has a slung Motion Tracker and then it's his slung pulse rifle. One second it's just over one shoulder then it's acrossways onto the far shoulder or now he suddenly has both slung Pulse Rifle AND slung motiontracker....I...I...it's just too much...

Whom ever was in charge of continuity ( what ever they call it ) oops'ed. The scenes with Vas and smartgun, you dont see her shoulder harness for SW under armor straps. If I remember correctly, when Hicks / Hudson hold her back from attempting to go after Drake there is no shoulder holster either. Then when she " help closed the G-D door" she has one......... Speaking for myselfi , some one who is uhm OCD, dont get carried away, it will drive ya :gah::panic:

:(
now i'm even more afraid to purchase it.[/QUOTE]

I will say that out of four of these I got in, this was the only one with an issue. The others are pretty great, more so than I expected. But opening a neca product is an entirely a different story, you never quite know what you're gonna get.

Well can't ship this out to customer, going to have to keep this one for myself...

edit: the hudson game over face has awfully painted eyes on every set I did get one in.

Ha!! So dumb... Makes me wonder what the guy/gal in the assembly line is saying to themselves when they do something like this.

"Please - let it end." Probably. I can only imagine how mind-numbing this kind of work in Chinese factories must be. :(

Yeah, I'm glad I got the original single Hicks and Hudson from a few years ago. These new ones just don't do it for me. All the ones at my TRU look terrible. I don't get the glossy faces. They should have put a coat of flesh matte as a base coat or something like their Nathan Drake figure.

So in case anyone wanted to know, I got back in touch with the UK distributor about the Three head Hicks and this is what they came back with:

First line of the email:
"Thanks for the email. I would get this on ebay straight away, I reckon it could be worth something to a collector?"

Then goes on to say "It could be something of a rarity"

Couldn't believe what I was reading and can't believe anyone would pay retail price for a mistake like this nevermind more. It's a joke right guys? I'll probably be sending this back.

Wonder who's ended up with the hudson variant.

So in case anyone wanted to know, I got back in touch with the UK distributor about the Three head Hicks and this is what they came back with:

First line of the email:
"Thanks for the email. I would get this on ebay straight away, I reckon it could be worth something to a collector?"

Couldn't believe what I was reading and can't believe anyone would pay retail price for a mistake like this nevermind more. It's a joke right guys? I'll probably be sending this back.

That's nuts! It probably would be a 'variant' worth money but the trouble is as we've seen there has unfortunately been a lot of these 'variants'. Send it back and get what you paid for.

First line of the email:

Man, that's crazy that the retailer came back with that reply! Like SJ said I bet there are several of these "rare variants" around - lol. Good luck and I hope it all gets sorted.

Man, that's crazy that the retailer came back with that reply! Like SJ said I bet there are several of these "rare variants" around - lol. Good luck and I hope it all gets sorted.

It is crazy, but this is actually the UK Distributor who send out to Retailers. This was part of my stock and was meant to go out to a customer, but I held it back once I noticed the error. I guess a retailer / reseller telling an end user this would be even worse, but still...

:lol

I wonder how much my Hudson ''variant'' with the missing rolled-up sleeve would have been worth. Unfortunately I opened it. I may have thrown away a small fortune.

A-Dev,

I wonder if you have a McFarlane Hicks that's broke or a fodder figure if you can use part of his sleeve to make the rolled up cuff for Hudson?

:lol

I wonder how much my Hudson ''variant'' with the missing rolled-up sleeve would have been worth. Unfortunately I opened it. I may have thrown away a small fortune.

Well enough. 'A galloping horse wouldn't notice it' as my mum would say.

I still want to use the 2 McFarlane headsculpts that I have. I still think they're reasonably good despite looking very different from the NECA heads. All they need is the hair repainted...I think I could do that. The trick will be removing them from the McFarlane body and drilling out the NECA Hicks neck to get them to fit. I'll need more of the 2 pack to do this as I don't want to do it to my current figures.

Back