NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow that photo looks like a repaint. :clap

Thanks!

A photo of my mantus alien:

20170313_231505.jpg

i don't get it. why do they look so different from common photos? very specific lights?

OK, just noticed an issue - one of my Hudson figures from the 2 pack is missing the rolled-up sleeve from his right arm. This is a seemingly increasing occurrence - figures arriving with parts missing. One of my City hunters was short one of his knee-armour pieces.

OK, just noticed an issue - one of my Hudson figures from the 2 pack is missing the rolled-up sleeve from his right arm. This is a seemingly increasing occurrence - figures arriving with parts missing. One of my City hunters was short one of his knee-armour pieces.

Well if it weren't for you id still have a Ripley from the 30th Anniversary with 2 right hands! I've had many NECA figures with bad paint and break easily but never one with that bad of quality control, Its definitely a put off.

ok here you go.

_IGP4004_zpsae3nqyw3.jpg~original

_IGP4005_zps8dzkt4wc.jpg~original

sorry i couldn't put it into exactly that pose, both humans fell in it. but you still can see the proportions. and they actually look very close to 1/1 hugger, as it was suggested in this and another thread before. (and as i wished from the beginning when i purchased the set, so i guess i feel lucky)

ok here you go.

_IGP4004_zpsae3nqyw3.jpg~original

_IGP4005_zps8dzkt4wc.jpg~original

sorry i couldn't put it into exactly that pose, both humans fell in it. but you still can see the proportions. and they actually look very close to 1/1 hugger, as it was suggested in this and another thread before. (and as i wished from the beginning when i purchased the set, so i guess i feel lucky)

Thank you P.! Perfect, size looks right!

Edit: just ordered this thing. I suspect that a brown version would only be released in the smaller 7" version as this one's size is based off the size of the Kenner version. Luckily that's just about 1/6 it seems.

Last edited:
you're welcome :)
**** Jones got what he deserved.
yep it looks equal to or maybe 105 % of 1/6 size, judging by reference photos.

I think it's slightly oversized for 1:6th, but the Superfacehugger is supposed to be a little bigger than regular facehuggers. So...you might be able to get away with it.

yeah i keep these pictures in mind to persuade myself that supposedly 1/4 hugger would count for 1/6:

vlcsnap-2012-01-17-21h50m08s67_copie.jpg
vNXAUhf.jpg

attachment.php

Just went through one of my Alien Creature Effects books.
The more l look at it, the more it's starting to seem like 1:6th scale.
Here's a picture alongside HotToys' facehugger.

so Neca made an 1/6 figure in the end hehe. (something about them saying they never would - i read it in some threads, TMNT mostly)

Randy did hint on Twitter that they may make an Ops Vasquez. Not sure if they would consider making an Ops Hicks. That would basically be the same as the current figure with just the addition of the headset. I wonder if it would be possible to remove the headset from Vasquez, modify it a bit, and put it on Hicks for a custom Ops version. Doing that would probably destroy the Vaz head, but if it didn't, that would also be a good start on making a custom Ops Vaz as well.

OR they could just make a seperate headsculpt for Hicks with the headset, and include it in Ops. Vaz. If they put in another Lambert head with the space suit, then they could just make a new Hicks head I think. As you said the rest of the figure is 99% getting you there to an Ops battle Hicks. Just need the head! and the light! :D Maybe someone more connected to Neca and Twitter than me can pitch that....

OR they could just make a seperate headsculpt for Hicks with the headset, and include it in Ops. Vaz. If they put in another Lambert head with the space suit, then they could just make a new Hicks head I think. As you said the rest of the figure is 99% getting you there to an Ops battle Hicks. Just need the head! and the light! :D Maybe someone more connected to Neca and Twitter than me can pitch that....

I don't think they have every mixed head sculpts from different figures in a single body, two heads style release before but I could be wrong. They might think that to put a Hicks head in with an Ops Vasquez would not add any value to the Vaz figure and may be off putting to people who do not have a Hicks figure. The light has been included with several figures, Bishop, Exclusive Newt, Ripley/Newt two pack and will probably be in the new Arsenal Accessory Pack so it should be fairly easy to acquire. For the headset, they could possibly make one as a separate accessory. If it were sculpted well enough it would probably look okay even though it would be a separate piece not molded onto the head. They could include it with the Ops Vasquez although I don't think she actually wore one during the battle. Which again, might be off putting for some. Just throwing some things out there...

Back