NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The McFarlane head is pretty decent. I repainted the hair and eyebrows on mine. I added some slight weathering to the armor as well.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Well enough. 'A galloping horse wouldn't notice it' as my mum would say.

I still want to use the 2 McFarlane headsculpts that I have. I still think they're reasonably good despite looking very different from the NECA heads. All they need is the hair repainted...I think I could do that. The trick will be removing them from the McFarlane body and drilling out the NECA Hicks neck to get them to fit. I'll need more of the 2 pack to do this as I don't want to do it to my current figures.

It might be easier to drill out the McFarlane head than it would be drilling into the Neca body

Not sure why it posted the same pic twice. But the hair looks a lot lighter in person. It's more of a light brown now as opposed to very dark brown.

The McFarlane head is pretty decent. I repainted the hair and eyebrows on mine. I added some slight weathering to the armor as well.

The paint on the face is better than either release of the NECA version. I think it's a reasonable likeness - particularly with the helmet on because it's the shape of the hair and the darkness of it that's the most off.

It might be easier to drill out the McFarlane head than it would be drilling into the Neca body

Ah, I understand. Cut off the neck on the McFarlane sculpt. I will test that first because I do have a McFarlane head that's already ****ed beyond salvage.

I remember when I first saw pics of the McF Hicks back in the day and how excited I was. I actually thought he would make more and I could have a nice display of CM but no, 1 and done with a variation. I still like it but it very dated and proportions are way off in places.

Proportions are ridiculous and the pose is ridiculous. I have no particular need to keep any of mine intact if I can use the good parts with NECA customs.

I remember my mind being blown when it was announced. I bought 3 regular and later the collectors club one. I was thinking I would use the other 3 to make customs and my plan was to find some of the McFarlane armed forces figures to try and use for base bodies while chopping the armor off the spare Hick's figures. Alas, even back then I planned more projects than I could deliver on. I never made it that far to actually start the customs. Still, at the time...it was a figure that made me happy and was a huge upgrade on the kenner marines.

I see more of a resemblance to Biehn in Mcfarlanes prototype than I do with Necas.

image.jpeg

It was kinda silly making Aliens, Predators, Terminators and Robocop under the 'Movie Maniacs' banner.

I also remember my own foolish optimism thinking McFarlane would make more Marines and ED-209. No such luck. In fact it the lack of ED-209 from them that made me buy my first ever Hot Toys. I was determined to have an ED-209 one way or another.

It was kinda silly making Aliens, Predators, Terminators and Robocop under the 'Movie Maniacs' banner.

Had to be done for branding purposes. NECA did the same thing with "Cult classics".

Seeing that McFarlane Hicks makes me wish NECA did a head set Hicks or something.

I finally saw the Hicks/Hudson two pack at my TRUs..I'm disappointed in the helmeted heads....Hicks eyes are wonky and Hudsons face doesn't even look like Paxton

But both look better on the unhelmeted sculpts..WTH Neca :pfft:

And the u pour in on twitter for something the rest of us never knew anyone was asking for! :lol

:lol :lol

I finally saw the Hicks/Hudson two pack at my TRUs..I'm disappointed in the helmeted heads....Hicks eyes are wonky and Hudsons face doesn't even look like Paxton

But both look better on the unhelmeted sculpts..WTH Neca :pfft:

I know they have their fans but I also think they look like crap, first release too.

My response to those DC crossover figures was complete bewilderment. Batman, Superman, Alien and Predator all have previously existing figures.....*interlocks fingers*

I apparently underestimate the value in seeing them on the same cardbacks.

I would have been fine with the Alien Batman, Predator armored Batman and Superman NECA figures not existing if that instead meant them focusing their efforts on things like 1/4 Returns Keaton, John Connor, etc. etc. I just want to complete these ****ing lines that have key character holes in them.

Is anyone else worried they are not doing the facehugger friday reveals anymore ? Its been two weeks now and nothing. Maybe Randy is getting sick of people dissing on the QC issues and what not ?
Possible. But more likely there just isn't a lot he can show at the moment, that he hasn't already. I have missed them though too.

NECA-Aliens-Colonial-Marines-2-Pack-010.jpg

NECA-Aliens-Colonial-Marines-2-Pack-027.jpg

Seeing those pictures really pissed me off. The new versions, in all honesty, look like bootlegs. I never had a single figure from Neca with that kind of molding flash. Even the mold for the weapons got compromised FCOL. I feel like an idiot letting go my old ones a while ago.

Back