Neca doing a robocop line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If what we get here every time they clean house is any sign of what frequents that board, I can't say I blame ya. :lol

I don't really remember what the behaviour was like over there. Perhaps because everyone was a Selektiv maybe I dunno, so no one stood out like they do when they're here. Speaking of the devil I think, think he rejoined recently. Not naming names but I saw some suspicious posts in the Sideshow The Terminator PF thread.

Robo.jpg

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugPdoeoXIgo"]YouTube - ROBOCOP "18 Neca[/ame]

I like the 18 scuplt of Robocop (version2) better, more acurrate

But maybe its to early to say something.

Last edited:
I don't really remember what the behaviour was like over there. Perhaps because everyone was a Selektiv maybe I dunno, so no one stood out like they do when they're here. Speaking of the devil I think, think he rejoined recently. Not naming names but I saw some suspicious posts in the Sideshow The Terminator PF thread.

PM me with a quoted post and I'll pass it on up the foodchain.

Jeesus, why does NECA have all of you so butt hurt? :lol
hey, lay off. impotent nerd-rage is the only way some people can feel superior to others. if they can't act like they're too sophisticated for NECA products, what else do they have to live for? this topic is a good outlet.

anyway, is that pic supposed to count as an official announcement, or is it just leaked as a tease, or what? i don't remember seeing anything about it on their twitter/facebook pages.

Selectiv can be so...an@l, wouldn't you agree? :lol

The pro- vs. anti-NECA stuff should be a thing of the past, IMO. We have all seen where those arguments go. Let those who like NECA products or who have a genuine interest in them post here please. I don't think many of us would also want to see more anti-HT/Sideshow and pro-NECA comments in other threads.

The pro- vs. anti-NECA stuff should be a thing of the past, IMO. We have all seen where those arguments go. Let those who like NECA products or who have a genuine interest in them post here please. I don't think many of us would also want to see more anti-HT/Sideshow and pro-NECA comments in other threads.

For the record, the anti-NECA comments were made tongue-in-cheek. Except for a-dev's. That guy needs a V!C's Law infraction for his puffery. :lecture:lecture:lecture

Hey, I was just saying....NECA needs to do lines that have never been done by a company. That'll get 'em noticed. Retreding is boring.

NECA are only doing with these licenses now what McFarlane was too idiot to do back then - milking them and making figures that are accurate to the source material as opposed to artist 'interpretations'. Retreading clearly isn't boring to the many still buying figures from these licenses.

The McFarlane ones certainly should never have been the last word on Terminator figures at 7". I like them and they hold great nostalgia for me but NECA was damn right to do new ones since McFarlane couldn't even get the likeness rights to Arnie and the T-1000 figure they did was a mish mash of different looks, no clean headsculpt...just not completely satisfying. NECA got the likeness rights to both AS and RP so on that score alone they made the retreading worthwhile. Now maybe all the variations is overkill to a casual fan (not to me though).

McFarlane got a hugely requested license in Robocop and they wasted it by only making one figure. I think its well worth NECA retreading that ground both to make a more accurate figure and to make other requested ones like BD Robocop and ED-209.

Hey, I was just saying....NECA needs to do lines that have never been done by a company. That'll get 'em noticed. Retreding is boring.
i don't mind as long as they do it better. which they have so far. the only thing i don't like is when they make one stinking character from a franchise. i hope we at least get ed209 out of this. edit - dev beat me to it.

and neca does plenty of stuff mcfarlane never did. just look at their videogame figures.

Hmph, I already have the MM7 McFarlane Robo which despite its 'movie inaccuracies' looked quite good on display. I wonder how MUCH of an upgrade this will be. Also the NECA sculpts though upgraded their paint is horrible. the new factory figures ive got from NECA have NO stuck joints but horrible paint. The McFarlane one has the inferior sculpt (relatively but is STILL the best in its scale) but its pait does the job...

Ill be all over this line if I see any indication from NECA that they'll make an ED and a RoboCain in this scale

The McFarlane ones certainly should never have been the last word on Terminator figures at 7". I like them and they hold great nostalgia for me but NECA was damn right to do new ones since McFarlane couldn't even get the likeness rights to Arnie and the T-1000 figure they did was a mish mash of different looks, no clean headsculpt...just not completely satisfying. NECA got the likeness rights to both AS and RP so on that score alone they made the retreading worthwhile. Now maybe all the variations is overkill to a casual fan (not to me though).

McFarlane got a hugely requested license in Robocop and they wasted it by only making one figure. I think its well worth NECA retreading that ground both to make a more accurate figure and to make other requested ones like BD Robocop and ED-209.

Meh, retreading old territory is fine with sub $30 figures anyway. It's more annoying with high-end collectibles.

Back