Neca doing a robocop line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i don't mind as long as they do it better. which they have so far. the only thing i don't like is when they make one stinking character from a franchise. i hope we at least get ed209 out of this. edit - dev beat me to it.

and neca does plenty of stuff mcfarlane never did. just look at their videogame figures.

imo mcfarlane was a huge contribution to the toy industry in the 90s when everyone else was making cheap plastic toys and mcfarlane actually put effort into their figures - the spawn lines alone were impressive as hell, and although the MM lines weren't perfect, they were awesome for the time, and even their sports figures (as much as i hate sports) are awesome ... but in the end mcf did drop the ball on the "geeky" stuff and went with the popular crap (sports/halo), that's why i'm glad neca is picking up where mcf left off

very rarely have i come across a neca product i didn't like, i mean for the price they charge, their figures are pretty awesome (not perfect, but again the price is very reasonable so you can buy a few and mess with the paint or get different ones if they have variants)

if neca does the robocop line, i really hope they end up doing more characters and possibly even something in the 1/6-1/4 scale, i'm def. in for this :)

"Cops dont like me, so I dont like cops. Ne ne ne ne ne ne ne (shotgun blast) well give the man a hand"

Id maybe pick up a 7" Robocop fig to take to work and what not.

they only have the licence to robocop, so we'll only get robocop,maybe ed209, since robocain is in robocop 2.
i'd be happy with just robo and ed. even if they made the other human characters, that's all i'd get anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully it's nothing like the McFarlane version in terms of quality control.

The way the hips were designed on the McFarlane was awful. It ruined the figure for me, literally (once it snapped from the package). I do love NECA's 18" version though. If this one is the same except in 7" scale with the new knife hand it should be pretty good.

The way the hips were designed on the McFarlane was awful. It ruined the figure for me, literally (once it snapped from the package). I do love NECA's 18" version though. If this one is the same except in 7" scale with the new knife hand it should be pretty good.

My 7'' McFarlane RoboCop..POS leg snapped off easily..most of their old figures are quite brittle.

My money is definitely going to the Figma RoboCop figure. I'm not really digging that Neca figure so far.

1.jpg

221688_2021692425543_1340934256_32358413_4164896_n.jpg

Wow, if thats a figma its about time they use there talents for good instead of making nothing but little anime girl figures...excluding there Kamen Rider/Ultraman stuff. That Robocop looks pretty good.

the problem with Figma stuff is they're not to scale with anything. they're also pretty small for what you're paying. for about the same price, you can get a 10" Play Arts figure.

Honestly Ive NEVER faced ANY quality control issues with McFarlane unlike NECA (Im NOT a NECA Hater, actually like their stuff more cause of the updates in sculpt and the better licenses) But yeah, Ive had issues with almost 70% of my NECA figures. Some have stuck joints, the aliens were the worst, broken in packaging etc etc. McFarlane till now has been free of such issues. My McFarlane Robo is still standing, only gripe I have is that the left had elbow joint is a wee bit loose

Honestly Ive NEVER faced ANY quality control issues with McFarlane unlike NECA (Im NOT a NECA Hater, actually like their stuff more cause of the updates in sculpt and the better licenses) But yeah, Ive had issues with almost 70% of my NECA figures. Some have stuck joints, the aliens were the worst, broken in packaging etc etc. McFarlane till now has been free of such issues. My McFarlane Robo is still standing, only gripe I have is that the left had elbow joint is a wee bit loose

Same here, I never had any issues with McF figures and honestly I have not had any issues with any NECA figures to this day, with only one exception, 18” T800 endo broke once in transit. Aside from that, I have bought new, loose, McF and NECA figures from all over the US and they held together very well (of course a lot also depends on HOW someone packs them).

I’m probably not going to get 1/12 scale Robocop figures unless they are of different characters, I’m pretty happy with the McF version and don’t mind mixing and matching my collection. If they did a larger scale ED209 or RoboCain, that would be really awesome.

I've had very delayed issues with McFarlane figures. I.e they broke after a few years. Very few had issues right from the off like NECA figures do. Only the Matrix APU.

One of my McF Robocops broke but only because it was knocked off a high shelf onto a hard floor.

What scale? Is it like 5" or something?

Nam, yeah Figma are basically the competition to Revoltech. So yeah depending on the character they range from 5 to 6 inches. I dont have any as to what was said. Due to the import prices there expensive for such a small flimsy figure. I was just making the comment that its good
to see that at least there making a cool figure. All they usually make are those girly anime figures.

If I had a choice between the Neca and the Figma, id go Neca, but ill give the articulation advantage to the Figma. Articulation wise Im sure they'll blow the Neca out the water.

Hoping for a ED209!
Cain would be awesome too but since Neca has only the rights to ROBOCOP i doubt it.

Back