Neca doing a robocop line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep we're pretty much going back because they never really did it right. I must say it's fun and easy to improve on McTodd's toys even though they did a nice Robo. So many other though make us laugh at how bad they were sculpted. The P2 is the worst figure ever. Well besides Hicks. Should be fun to put the two Robo's next to each other and compare.

Well, whatever, just make Clerence Boddicker. Ed-209 is worthless. Clerence >>>>>>>> Everyone. :lecture :D

Nam, yeah Figma are basically the competition to Revoltech. So yeah depending on the character they range from 5 to 6 inches. I dont have any as to what was said. Due to the import prices there expensive for such a small flimsy figure. I was just making the comment that its good
to see that at least there making a cool figure. All they usually make are those girly anime figures.

If I had a choice between the Neca and the Figma, id go Neca, but ill give the articulation advantage to the Figma. Articulation wise Im sure they'll blow the Neca out the water.
i don't get why the Square/Enix Play Arts figures are the same price, then. they're twice the size and arguably higher quality figures in general and they're imported from the same place. then again, i don't remember seeing any Revoltech/Figma figures in Toys R Us recently, so i guess Square has better distribution or something.
Well, whatever, just make Clerence Boddicker. Ed-209 is worthless. Clerence >>>>>>>> Everyone. :lecture :D
*yawn* no way in hell am i gonna buy a 6" Kurtwood-wearing-glasses toy. give me awesome robots.

also, i dunno if it's been mentioned yet, but is there any definitive answer on if there's gonna be any 12" figures?

i don't get why the Square/Enix Play Arts figures are the same price, then. they're twice the size and arguably higher quality figures in general and they're imported from the same place. then again, i don't remember seeing any Revoltech/Figma figures in Toys R Us recently, so i guess Square has better distribution or something.

Yeah I think square/enix is a more widely known company. The average toy buyer (non-collector) probably havent heard of kaiydo/revoltech or Figma. Also the licenses both companies carry have no merit with the US consumer. If you know about the various robots or anime girls revoltech/figma carry then its most likely you already import stuff and have no need to see it on store shelves because you know where to buy these figures. For TRU to carry these would be a huge waste of space because more than likely they would be peg warmers or the high mark up would cause them to be peg warmers.

Perhaps I'm misreading what you're saying but Figma/Revoltech are expensive in their home country, not just through importing. Maybe buying locally it's even more expensive but if buying from Angolz/HLJ/amiami/etc they're still generally priced at a minimum of $30 - 40.

Perhaps I'm misreading what you're saying but Figma/Revoltech are expensive in their home country, not just through importing. Maybe buying locally it's even more expensive but if buying from Angolz/HLJ/amiami/etc they're still generally priced at a minimum of $30 - 40.

No in Japan there not as expensive. Much cheaper than what we get here in the US say ordering from bigbadtoystore.com. Even if you consider $30 to $40 cheap your talking about comparing walking into a TRU here in the US for a NECA figure that costs you about $15 plus taxes and what not. I have a ton of revoltechs and eventually stopped once the prices started hitting the $40 to $60 for certain figures, excluding there Friday the 13th figure. I paid $40 for him and if it wasnt for the fact that it was a Jason figure I wouldnt have bought it.

The original argument was basically the fact that you can get a NECA figure for under $20 and basically Figma/Revoltech for a smaller figure your talking anywhere from $30 to $60 again depending on character.

I'm not comparing walking into TRU or anything, I was just saying that Revoltech/Figma are expensive no matter where you are. You said that "due to the import prices there expensive" but $30 - 40 (which I'd say is expensive) seems to be the same price you'd pay even if you were in Japan, going by sites like the Japan-based Hobby Link Japan. From what you were saying, it sounds like you were suggesting they'd be going for $5 - 10 or something if not for the cost of importing.

As to NECA, I'd say NECA is less because they charge less, Figma/Revoltech are more because they charge more...

I'm not comparing walking into TRU or anything, I was just saying that Revoltech/Figma are expensive no matter where you are. You said that "due to the import prices there expensive" but $30 - 40 (which I'd say is expensive) seems to be the same price you'd pay even if you were in Japan, going by sites like the Japan-based Hobby Link Japan. From what you were saying, it sounds like you were suggesting they'd be going for $5 - 10 or something if not for the cost of importing.

As to NECA, I'd say NECA is less because they charge less, Figma/Revoltech are more because they charge more...

Yeah i see what your saying. Again when I was in Japan they were cheaper even if only by a little. A revoltech/figma that cost about $35 would cost usually a little less and while sure a little less isnt that big a deal, but then again in this economy anything that can be saved is a good thing. I dont want to hijack this Neca thread with revoltech/figma info, but again I think our point was made my friend. Good conversation.

This is the most exciting news of the year so far!!

I personally loved the McF RoboCop figure. All I ever wanted was an Ed 209 to go along with him but they dropped the ball.

A few years later Hot Toys released theirs, but aside from being waaaayyy too expensive, I really didn't (and still don't) have the space for an ED that big. And I'm of the opinion that the HT Robo's head is way oversized and the figure looks goofy. McF's Robo has always been my favorite, but I would have loved it more if it had a leg holster and removable helmet/alternate head.

Now NECA won't let us down....look at all the variant Terminators/Predators. Surely they will release a "clean" Robocop with no helmet. Obviously I'd prefer optional heads but NECA doesn't roll that way. :(

Could a battle-damaged figure as seen in the film's climax also be in the works? Sure hope so!!

But mainly I've got my fingers crossed for a scale ED. I've felt incomplete since 2004 cause my Robo never had an ED to display with. The old Horizon vinyl kit is nice but I never painted it. I can't paint!! Besides, that one was a smidge too big. And the Kotobukiya trading figure is wonderful, but it's TINY! Too big or too small....let's hope NECA can get it juuuuust right.

I'm only really a fan of the first film...but IF there were also a scale RoboCain....I wouldn't be able to resist!

But DAMN! That Figma figure is looking awesome too! I don't think it'll quite be in scale with NECA's stuff....but I don't care....I'm buying it no matter what! Functional leg holster on a small scale RoboCop....has that ever been done before? Movie accurate?? I think not!! Glad I live in Japan...be a lot easier to pick this one up!

So in my dream world...NECA will make an ED and a battle damaged Murphy and they will be close enough in scale with Figma that I can display them all together....and throw in Cain just for good measure!!

Please make it so NECA!!!

This is the most exciting news of the year so far!!

I personally loved the McF RoboCop figure. All I ever wanted was an Ed 209 to go along with him but they dropped the ball.

A few years later Hot Toys released theirs, but aside from being waaaayyy too expensive, I really didn't (and still don't) have the space for an ED that big. And I'm of the opinion that the HT Robo's head is way oversized and the figure looks goofy. McF's Robo has always been my favorite, but I would have loved it more if it had a leg holster and removable helmet/alternate head.

Now NECA won't let us down....look at all the variant Terminators/Predators. Surely they will release a "clean" Robocop with no helmet. Obviously I'd prefer optional heads but NECA doesn't roll that way. :(

Could a battle-damaged figure as seen in the film's climax also be in the works? Sure hope so!!

But mainly I've got my fingers crossed for a scale ED. I've felt incomplete since 2004 cause my Robo never had an ED to display with. The old Horizon vinyl kit is nice but I never painted it. I can't paint!! Besides, that one was a smidge too big. And the Kotobukiya trading figure is wonderful, but it's TINY! Too big or too small....let's hope NECA can get it juuuuust right.

I'm only really a fan of the first film...but IF there were also a scale RoboCain....I wouldn't be able to resist!

But DAMN! That Figma figure is looking awesome too! I don't think it'll quite be in scale with NECA's stuff....but I don't care....I'm buying it no matter what! Functional leg holster on a small scale RoboCop....has that ever been done before? Movie accurate?? I think not!! Glad I live in Japan...be a lot easier to pick this one up!

So in my dream world...NECA will make an ED and a battle damaged Murphy and they will be close enough in scale with Figma that I can display them all together....and throw in Cain just for good measure!!

Please make it so NECA!!!

You want to talk about movie accurate..McFarlane RoboCop..i think not.

I personally don't care if the Figma Robo is around $30-40(revotech prices) especially if the paint job is really impressive..i mean with all that this figure showcases already..data spike,functional leg holster,optional gun fire/flame effect,great articulation..hell maybe even a removeable helmet or extra head to go with it. How much variety of RoboCop collectibles are out there at the moment?..not much..no rivering over Figma prices FFS..you are getting a quality figure..better then McFarlame.

Valfar, your right about that. The figma figure will probably come with a boat load of accessories.

I don't know if fans know this but Mcfarlane made a great prototype of Ed and then Todd canned it. He thought because his Matrix figure of that suit Aliens rip off thing didn't sell well then Ed wouldn't either. Such bad moves over at McFarlane and Todd wonders what the hell happened.QUOTE]

God that is so depressing. :(

I would loved to have seen pics of that ED209. Hell, I'd rather have just had the toy!! Can't believe he pulled the plug on something that awesome...

Now is NECA's time to shine....come on NECA!! Make an awesome ED to scale with Robo!! We WILL buy it!!!!

This is my 18" Robocop by Neca:

2ajw37t.jpg

dw7szk.jpg

Is provided a new 1 / 4 Robocop? What will the differents?

New 7 inch NECA Robocop is available now on eBay from Corner Stone Comics!
Should be hitting comic shops & TRUs within the next few weeks.

Pretty quick from when we first heard it was happening. I guess because the sculpt was there already, they just had to shrink it.

Pretty quick from when we first heard it was happening. I guess because the sculpt was there already, they just had to shrink it.
yeah that was my guess. i don't think they changed or added a damn thing. oh well, as long as this means more characters, i'm in.

They added a data spike no?, i bet no base comes with this figure..wtf is it with Neca these days and no bases.

They added a data spike no?, i bet no base comes with this figure..wtf is it with Neca these days and no bases.
oh yeah, forgot about the data spike. guess that counts. i don't really care about a base though. i still have the McF base laying around somewhere and i can just stick him on that. there's only so much you can use as a base for Robocop and it's pretty much all boring stuff like a street or factory flooring.

Although I already have the McFarlane Robocop which is still perfectly fine, I guess I'll still buy this one because ... ummm ... just because ... I dunno, I'm bored I suppose and need to buy something every couple of weeks.

Back