Neca doing a robocop line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'll believe the Weller likeness when i see it. but why would ED be too expensive? he isn't much bigger than that Bioshock Big Daddy and he doesn't need a lightup feature. maybe they meant they couldn't do a 1/4 ED?

tankman, get in here and clear this up.

Ed would be great and it would be fun to write a wrong from McFarlane again. I can't believe he'd put out that Matrix APU and not the ED. So stupid indeed. There is a really nice unused ED McFarlane prototype just collecting dust out there. It's to bad his Robo didn't have Ed to fight against. McFarlane Robo is cool except for the small chest and gay left wrist. It needed the Ed and how cool a box set it would make.

Ed would be great and it would be fun to write a wrong from McFarlane again. I can't believe he'd put out that Matrix APU and not the ED. So stupid indeed. There is a really nice unused ED McFarlane prototype just collecting dust out there. It's to bad his Robo didn't have Ed to fight against. McFarlane Robo is cool except for the small chest and gay left wrist. It needed the Ed and how cool a box set it would make.

I thaugt that Mcfarlane still had the license to release this boxset around Summer 2012.

Wish the paint was better and C is a big McDork fan. He loves that pathetic Alien figure and I can call it pathetic because half the sculpting on it is mine. Our 18 inch Robo kicks the crap out of the McFarlane one. It's big and bad ass. One of the cooler 18 inch figures out there.

That18inch RoboCop is my favorite figure out of any line that made a RoboCop..yes even better then the Hot Toys i sold awhile ago.

well you're preaching to the choir there. but that article i quoted said ED is too expensive for NECA to produce? sure, he's bigger than Robo, but he's not THAT big. do you know what the deal is there?

well you're preaching to the choir there. but that article i quoted said ED is too expensive for NECA to produce? sure, he's bigger than Robo, but he's not THAT big. do you know what the deal is there?

probably, that Mcfarlane still has the license to make ED-209.

well got my robocop today, got one with descent paint,
but as i was checking it out, i noticed the right ankle rod is missing the top piston cover piece, glad i didn't open it, it's going back for sure.
neca has some serious qc problems at their factories,
i'm about ready to give up on neca.

Last edited:
well got my robocop today, got one with descent paint,
but as i was checking it out, i noticed the right ankle rod is missing the top cover piece, glad i didn't open it, it's going back for sure.
neca has some serious qc problems at their factories,
i'm about ready to give up on neca.

I'm mainly persisting with the 7" figures out of a need for completism at this point. I can take bad paint or the odd break - but lately you get both.

I'm mainly persisting with the 7" figures out of a need for completism at this point. I can take bad paint or the odd break - but lately you get both.

my robocop has a missing ankle piston piece, but pretty good paint, i can't win for losing with neca figures here lately,
,it's just sickening

Last edited:
Another thing that i'm not feeling on this figure is the head as it is not as narrow to the front like the 18inch Neca figure which is more accurate..still, it is loads better then McF.

29pw5qw.jpg

Another thing that i'm not feeling on this figure is the head as it is not as narrow to the front like the 18inch Neca figure which is more accurate..still, it is loads better then McF.

29pw5qw.jpg

It looks great in that pic. I've ordered 2 so I hope at least one of them will be problem-free.

probably, that Mcfarlane still has the license to make ED-209.
you got a citation for that? last i heard, McFarlane dropped all those licenses when they dropped the Movie Maniacs line several years ago. they mostly make sports and Halo figures now.

29pw5qw.jpg

looks good to me, man. when are these gonna hit retail stores? i need one and i don't wanna pay shipping for just one figure.

I think it is. I've heard mention of a new articulation point in the torso which Valfar looks to be taking advantage of in that pic.

This is the new Robo, yes.

I'm going mask the flesh bit and add some Future floor wax to him soon, should look much better.

I have to say though, i think the first release 18inch RoboCop Neca release has a far better darker paint application..i'm not a fan of RoboCop with a silver paint job.

are these damn things in stores yet? i just went to a couple TRUs and didn't see any pegs.

TRU has tons of these. I was tempted to pick one up, but decided against it.

Looks like a great figure.

for those buying these in person, better check it out good,mine was missing the top piston part that goes onto the rod on the right calf of the leg and ankle.i was hoping it was loose in the packageing, but was no where to be found, i still haven't opened it yet. i got mine online.
qc sux big time.

Back