NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 【NECA Predators wave1 pics】

The other thing is that when you blow up pictures of things like this, they always tend to look messier. For lack of a better term, your imagination tends to fill in what's missing when you are looking at it in person.

Another thing about NECA stuff is their paint jobs are usually hit or miss. I had 2 RE5 Chris Redfield figures and one had a pretty good paint job and the other the paint was pretty sloppy. The sloppy one I traded with a friend.

I'll wait till I have them in-hand to pass judgement.
But they look pretty much alright to me. Classic looks a bit glossy, and I don't much care for the red spots on Mr. Black (?) but that has more to do with the original design.

Falconer looks great and Berserk looks fine to me for a $15 figure, so I will be buying both of them. If this is how they produced the classic, with a mostly unpainted body and head relying on the plastic color to represent the skin tone, all of them will be bad in my opinion. I'm happy they have a few more chances with the Predator 1 figure coming out.

I was planning on maybe getting Berserker to hold me down until the HT version comes out, but it looks like I'll be passing on him

yeesh. these guys could use a repaint. *paging SilentSurfer*

Since we already have a long running thread for discussing these figures, I've merged the wave 1 thread in here to keep everything together.

...I think the classic looks like the worse one. His face is horrible. I do like the Falconer though. I'll probably get him and Mr. Black. I dont like the un-helmeted look with these smaller figs.

Well after seeing these the only one I deem worthy of spending anything on if the falconer. The other two are fugly.

What's strange is, this should be what you get when you buy it, can't imagine a super nice proto or something in the package, but maybe this is a test shot of the packaging and not a final product, if so, I will agree, if those new shots are what ships, it's a bit of a let down.

125811322.jpg

nmmv2umf.jpg

To start with that flawless sculpt from Tankman, and end up with the figure two pages back is really a shame. Fingers crossed that they try for a larger format. Any chance that the original prototype can be molded and reproduced exactly as it was in the press photos?

Wow I can't believe these are the final products, especially after the good job they made on the T-800 and T-1000

Well, the T2 stuff is much simpler than Predators, the costumes are pretty much one tone give or take, these are far more complex in paint jobs so I'd say these Predators are probably on about the same level, they just don't seem it because the simplistic apps of NECA looks closer to what it should be on a simpler subject like T2 than Predators.

Well, the T2 stuff is much simpler than Predators, the costumes are pretty much one tone give or take, these are far more complex in paint jobs so I'd say these Predators are probably on about the same level, they just don't seem it because the simplistic apps of NECA looks closer to what it should be on a simpler subject like T2 than Predators.

NECA Wolf looked way better than what i'm seeing on classic predator here.

Okay, the pics on this page make this guy look horrible. The pics in the review you posted make me like this guy. They show the amazing sculpt, the good paint on the armor, and the new type of dreads. I admit the paint is pretty bad on the face. I then have to compare it to the McToys one. That's the only other 7" figure of him we've ever had. That was worse than this, helps me put it into perspective.

It could be better, much better. It isn't, I'll live with what I'm given.

Back