NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished showcasing the Predators Series 1: Classic Predator. I hope you enjoy the photos (click photo for link to more)!

I absolutely love your website! Very well constructed with plenty of info and pics! Job well done sir! :clap

And I also see you are a fan of Hellraiser too! :yess:

I absolutely love your website! Very well constructed with plenty of info and pics! Job well done sir! :clap

And I also see you are a fan of Hellraiser too! :yess:

Thanks a lot for checking the site out and I'm happy to hear you love it. :)

I love Hellraiser and am sad that the series is dead; I really would've loved to get that Engineer figure that was shown.

Well, thanks again and don't forget to keep checking the site for more. :) Also, if you're interested in Movie reviews (mainly horror), you can check out From the Mind of Tatlock

I'm still shocked that NECA made an action figure from a fan film. Something about that is just odd for me.

Same reason they made a T2 3D figure, make money off figures using existing molds, less cost to make, more money to put towards unique figures. It's like Sideshow with their Star Wars clones and HT with Iron Man figures, overproduce figures with existing components to e able to take on more unique and challenging pieces.

Picked up the masked City Hunter! Pretty good figure.
The tip of the spear was broken and the part that hosts the disc fell off too! Nothing too major however! :)

Pics to follow.....

Bri

Mine had some broken toes so I returned it...
Also one of big reds hands was too loose to do anything with the sword so I returned it...
Robocop had a broken foot
and here I thought I'd get less damaged stuff collecting figs than statues... doh

I'm still shocked that NECA made an action figure from a fan film. Something about that is just odd for me.

Same reason they made a T2 3D figure, make money off figures using existing molds, less cost to make, more money to put towards unique figures. It's like Sideshow with their Star Wars clones and HT with Iron Man figures, overproduce figures with existing components to e able to take on more unique and challenging pieces.

yeah but at least that was a ride. and Cameron did it.

But this fan film... is just freaking weird, like Celtic said, really odd. I kinda hate that it exists (the toy)

Mine had some broken toes so I returned it...
Also one of big reds hands was too loose to do anything with the sword so I returned it...
Robocop had a broken foot
and here I thought I'd get less damaged stuff collecting figs than statues... doh

don't you just love McNeca's good old and new factory.

yeah but at least that was a ride. and Cameron did it.

But this fan film... is just freaking weird, like Celtic said, really odd. I kinda hate that it exists (the toy)

It's not about the source, it's about money for little work. If NECA can find a comic book or art based Predator that could recycle parts, I'm sure they'd do that too, it's what they do. They released a Rocky spitting up blood just to make more money off the same parts from the neck down with just a new head.

Thanks a lot for checking the site out and I'm happy to hear you love it. :)

I love Hellraiser and am sad that the series is dead; I really would've loved to get that Engineer figure that was shown.

Well, thanks again and don't forget to keep checking the site for more. :) Also, if you're interested in Movie reviews (mainly horror), you can check out From the Mind of Tatlock

I remember that. One more full set could have completed the series anyway. I always thought a Camerahead Cenobite would've been cool. And I'll check out your movie reviews too. :wave

BBUf2VPCIAIL5xC.jpg:large

51468_Series_8_Patrol_Dutch.jpg

That face expression could turn out all kinds of wrong on the figure we find in stores - especially considering it looks a bit stupid even in these test shots.

Agreed. It looks extremely weird in those pics. It has me worried for the Mud covered Dutch. I really wish they wouldve stuck with the original headsculpt, Sure it wasn't perfect, but I really liked it.

NECA+Predators+serie+8+Jungle+Patrol+Dutch.jpg

That's what Im hoping. I believe that is the same sculpt they used for the "Mud Covered Dutch" which is unusual because it looked great on the 2ups.

I'm sure there is distortion and such when you shrink down the larger sculpt. I'm very curious what process they use to take 12" figures down to 7" figures.

Im sure a ton of detail is lost in shrinking them down too. Maybe they will look better in person. We'll see.

I would think as big as they've gotten, they'd use some sort of computer technology to shrink them down, but you'd think that'd retain the original shapes and such, but whatever process they use, it doesn't seem that the smaller version exactly mirrors the larger, or something about the actually filling of molds and production of the figure loses it, either way, it's hit or miss if the small figures will live up to the prototypes, Clubber Lang seems like an exception but I feel like the Rocky portraits show some distortion. Still can't go wrong for $15, and something like this Dutch, on the shelf you'll probably not even notice the face much from most viewing distances.

Back