NECA's 18" ALIEN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the Tsukuda is basically the same sculpt, but at a different size and lacking some features. The Kenner one should be closer in size to the NECA figure.

I think the Tsukuda is basically the same sculpt, but at a different size and lacking some features. The Kenner one should be closer in size to the NECA figure.

I think the Kenner and Tsukuda/Hobby are the same size:

pvcalienbox.jpg

From a website I found a while ago:

Back in 1984, Tsukuda made an *exact* replica of the 1979 Kenner doll. Kenner didn't like this, which makes this original version extremely rare.

Halcyon then released the doll again in 1991, but with a newly sculpted head. Apparently Kenner was not aware, or did not care this time. Then in 1995, Tsukada legally copied the Halcyon kit and released it as the one shown here.

I've done a little looking. This is from the guy who posted the new NECA pics:

kenner 5" (boy I wish they went thru w the 79 prototype for the Kenner Signature Series like the resurrection )
Aoshima 8"
McFarlane 9"
Neca 9"
Sega 10" / x-plus statue (roughly 10") - or maybe it is 12"
McFarlane 12"
Marmit stoop B 12"
Tsukuda 17"
Kenner 18"

Neca 22"
Marmit 23"
Cinemaquette 27"
2aliendolls.jpg

It looks to me from the picture like the Kenner (right) one is slightly bigger, about an inch taller like in that blurry photo. It could be the Tsukuda version used the Kenner figure to make the molds, hence the shrinkage.

Either way, the NECA figure looks HUGE, much bigger than I thought. I just never trust it when they say something is "this size". I haven't been this excited for a figure in a long time. Honestly, I think they could have gotten away with charging $60 for this figure.

Yeah, they do look about 1" different. But the NECA one towers over both!

It probably will be $60 in the UK, if not $100. :(

So exactly how tall are the HT aliens when standing straight? 16"?
That would make the NECA alien about 5" taller, right? Taller than the Predalien and the Powerloader.
We need to convince NECA to do it in 1/6 scale...

Well I assume those of us who ordered w/Cornerstore will have their prize(s) come by this Wed (June 11th). So I believe everyone will post their pics. Except me. I am not a good photographer and not comp savy...:monkey2:monkey5. But I still haven't seen it @ any of the speciality shops either. Only coming soon....:banghead

Seriously, somebody has to have gotten theirs by now.

I need to remind myself that I just have to wait 24 hours until my package shows up. But it's killing me!

Seriously, somebody has to have gotten theirs by now.

I need to remind myself that I just have to wait 24 hours until my package shows up. But it's killing me!

Mine arrive tomorrow. So look for some good pics then. :joy

BBTS just emailed me that the 18" version I preordered is available. I'll probably wait a bit before I have them send it though. I can live vicariously through the photos here.

I have to live through photos... mine won't be down here until the end of the week... if I'm extremely lucky! If not, then it's next week.

first things first. this is huge!! :google impressive figure indeed. and for $34 can't beat it. to start off if you don't like those little twistie ties, stay away :horror hot water is needed to put the legs on. as for the jaw, you have to open it yourself and pull the inner mouth out. stands an impressive 22" tall. the head is almost 10" long and the tail is a softer rubber pretty much like the hot toys versions. as I sit here an look at it; all I can say is damn! that is f'n HUGE. here's some shots. if anyone wants a certain pic LMK.

neca18alien001.jpg

neca18alien002.jpg

neca18alien003.jpg

neca18alien004.jpg

Back