NECA's 18" ALIEN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the EXCELLENT pics mr.thrifty . Soooo for how long to keep the legs under hot water? Sorry but I don't take my precious figs out of the box. But for the big chap...It has to be displayed. I don't want to mess it up. Thanks...:eek::D

Thanks for the EXCELLENT pics mr.thrifty . Soooo for how long to keep the legs under hot water? Sorry but I don't take my precious figs out of the box. But for the big chap...It has to be displayed. I don't want to mess it up. Thanks...:eek::D

the legs were a bi**h. tried them first without the water and no way. put just the pegs in for maybe a minute. just a small bowl of hot tap water nuked for 1 1/2 minutes. :D

Can't wait to see your repaint of this one Les!
It'll look great next to your A3 Tsukuda dragon.

Now I'm wishing I hadn't sold it...

That's also a big plus to it. I can't wait to get him through my trade with CrazyPredator2.
I think I might repaint mine too. I'm not saying I don't like Les, it just might be cheapper for me.

WOO HOO!!!

Mine just showed up. No pics since I'm stuck at work. It's a brilliant figure.

Joints are VERY tight, so much so that I was worried about breaking it while bending the knees and feet. They were fine, clicky joints in knees and feet. No problems getting him to stand in various positions.

Paint looks good for a mass market toy, the flash photos don't do it justice. Customizers are going to have a field day, although I don't think most people will be unhappy.

The tail is more flexible than I thought it would be, it seems just like the HT versions, and the wire runs about two inches from the end. It would be nice if the wire was longer, but then it might stick out (I had that happen with my HT Predalien).

Verdict: A MUST BUY!!!! If you are an alien fan, it would be a disservice to yourself pass this figure over. I've already bought two and thinking of grabbing a couple more to repaint. I can't imagine anybody being dissatisfied with this (huge) figure for the price it's going for.

TIP: When attaching the lower legs heat up (water/hairdryer) the leg holes, not the peg. It works infinitely better that way.

Got both versions of this great fig today!

The sculpt on both is AMAZING! HUGE thanks to Kyle at NECA for really pushing to make this the most accurate Alien figure ever.

I can't lie, this has been a dream of mine since I first saw Alien almost 30 years ago.
These figs really do bring out the "kid" in me more than the "collector". LOVE IT!

So, here are the pics. I'll start with the 21" version. I've thrown in a shot with the Hot Toys Alien for size comparison.

Then, shots of the 9" version with a pic next to the NECA Wolf Pred for size comparison.

ENJOY!

21 Inch Version
100_4538.jpg
100_4539.jpg

100_4541.jpg
100_4542.jpg

100_4548.jpg

100_4550.jpg

100_4551.jpg

Con't

Last edited:
Bloody Hell! I know the HT Alien Warrior is squatting a bit in that photo, but it's almost twice the size!

Edit: Actualy, they're both squatting! It is twice the size. And the head looks her-uge!

Excuse the English swearing. I'll be saying "Blimey!" next.

Back