NECA's 18" ALIEN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i love mine and would never part with it & cant wait to put it up against the neca version. i have a cool idea for a display......stay tuned. :joy

interesting. as I figured, most of it is nostalgia. there is no question that it is a great looking figure, i just can't hold it up against the new NECA one.

i guess part of it being the nostalgia because of its age, the original movie toy, the times, but the most of it i think for me anyway is that while they made quite a few they were pulled because toy companies or executives thought it was too scary for kids....:lol. AS IF !!!! i guess that is why they are a bit on the rare side. im thinking somewhere there is a warehouse just filled to the roof with these old alien figs still in their boxes because of some schmucks decision to pull them off the shelves......:monkey3. the search is on for said location...:lol

I ordered from cornerstorecomics.com and just received a shipping notice from UPS (no idea where from noted in the tracking e-mail, but this is the only outstanding order I have at the moment). It shipped from Anahiem, CA which is where CSC is located, so I guess it's on the way. Just a heads up for anyone else!

Yup, I've got two packages on the way, i.e. the 21" and the two 9" aliens are on their way!
ESA in Miami is June 10th. So until they make it all the way down to Colombia, it should be some two weeks.
Damn it sucks living in South America!

Not at all, I love it here!
It's got its share of third world (more like second world to be honest) problems, plus the messy security issues, but it's a great place to live.

Anyway, back to the alien, any got theirs in-hand yet?

Check out the in-hand pics posted over at the Hive:

https://goin.to/thehive

The paint apps are definitely not the strongest and a little "fogging" of the dome might be needed, but it looks like a fantastic figure!

The size of this thing is amazing!

I'm liking it a lot and I'll probably pick one up. But as with McFarlane all those cut joints, unless facing in 'exactly' the right direction can and will look real ugly. This is why I'm so interested to see what Medi do and more importantly what HT do when they get round to the big chap.

I can't believe how much bigger it is than the Tsukuda in those shots! It's massive!

Last edited:
I'm liking it a lot and I'll probably pick one up. But as with McFarlane all those cut joints, unless facing in 'exactly' the right direction can and will look real ugly. This is why I'm so interested to see what Medi do and more importantly what HT do when they get round to the big chap.

Actually, the cut joints on this one didn't bother me so much, because they are much better placed to cause the minimum in disruption: wrists, upper biceps (just below the bell shaped shoulders) and just above the knee.

EDIT: I just love this photo!

alienmarmit034yh0.jpg

It is indeed massive!
The Marmit kit is just slightly smaller than the Cinemaquette...

Actually, the cut joints on this one didn't bother me so much, because they are much better placed to cause the minimum in disruption: wrists, upper biceps (just below the bell shaped shoulders) and just above the knee.

EDIT: I just love this photo!

alienmarmit034yh0.jpg

It is indeed massive!
The Marmit kit is just slightly smaller than the Cinemaquette...

Is the Tsukuda Alien the same size as the Kenner figure? It looks very similar, I still have mine from when I was a kid. Lost the same parts that everybody else has (inner teeth, back spine, and the dome got ruined).

Back