NECA's 18" ALIEN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got my 21 inch alien and the 9 inch aliens today, they look great! sorry no camera to take pictures.

Received mine today as well. About 40 twist-ties later I freed the beast, and he is huge. Sculpt is fantastic. I didn't need any hot water, I just jammed his legs in there. Cut joints kinda stink, but hey, this figure is 22" and cost only ~$40, and the sculpt is preserved well. The skull paint looks like it was done with a sharpie marker (really the only thing I don't like), so ideally I'd have liked the dome smoked a bit more to hide that.

Anyone interested in customizing can dremel the inside of his lower jaw a bit, and the mouth should close all the way, unless the main jaw teeth get in the way. The tongue jaw is just open too wide for the mouth to close. If the tongue itself was shorter, it could probably recede further back into the head. I can get mine closed almost all the way anyway.

Overall it is an awesome figure...this thing definately has a presence in the room. Minor customizing will make this perfect. Anyone on the fence should go buy it now!

Couple more pics...with a 1/6 scale fig. I like it more every time I look at it. Details are fantastic. Elbow and knee articulation are hidden so well. It is so big, I just need to find a good place to display it.

Just got mine @ work today! :banana I shall open the box when I get home. :monkey5 And it will be time to say: Hmmm where can I display this beauty w/o my wife :rolleyes:. :naughty

Got my 18" and 7" aliens today and wow! they're really nice. Even the great photos we've seen here don't do them justice. The paint seems almost perfect, and the 18" one is huge and impressively heavy. It could pass for a much more expensive statue IMHO. I'm not sure where I'm going to put it. Anyway, I'll try and get some photos taken later along with my Alien Kubrick that came at the same time.

Back