NECA's 18" ALIEN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No different than what they did with the others or all their lines for that matter.

I can't wait to get this.

Blackening up the dome would probably help.

I didn't know that NECA did that for the other figures they released...:duh But yeah I would like to have a solid dome to the ALIEN too..:google

Looks fantastic!
Thanks for the pics.
It's always difficult to get the paint apps right on these figures, but I'm hoping for a decent enough representation. At any rate, it'll kick McF's ass.
Besides, it's not like we're getting fantastic paint apps from HT, and those cost 100 bucks more...

$49.99, is that all?

See, that should translate to £25 in the UK, but I bet those money grabbing swines at Forbidden Planet will just charge £49.99 instead.

I've only got a modest Alien collection, but I look forward to seeing how this one and his 7" little brother look next to the family:

AlienGroup1.jpg

It's awesome that it's the same size as my old Tsukuda Alien (and of course, the Kenner one).

It's not a large selection, but I love them, faults and all. I've got the Aoshima Alien to go with the Warrior now as well.

It's amazing how many variations of the same design there have been. Neca's one looks like it'll be the most accurate toy version so far (if you don't include stuff like the Palisades statues), and even then there are things up for debate, like the dome transparency etc.

$49.99, is that all?

See, that should translate to £25 in the UK, but I bet those money grabbing swines at Forbidden Planet will just charge £49.99 instead.

I've only got a modest Alien collection, but I look forward to seeing how this one and his 7" little brother look next to the family:

AlienGroup1.jpg

It's awesome that it's the same size as my old Tsukuda Alien (and of course, the Kenner one).

Nice shot. LOVE THE CLASSIC BIG CHAP..:monkey2 I think a lot of us will be posting pics of NECA next to their prized HASBRO figure...:joy

I dearly wanted a Kenner figure, as I have a history with it.

Back when I was at school, they held a charity auction event. The school stage was piled up with goodies, and one of the teachers would hold up a toy, or a book, or whatever, and we'd have to shout our bids and try to win the item. It was a bit of a free for all, as I recall, although we are talking early 80's here, so my memory is a bit hazy.

Anyway, he held up the Kenner Alien. I'd never seen anything so magnificent in my life. Alas, I lost out to some big kid I hated, and had to put up with him crowing over his new toy all afternoon. He probably paid like 50p for it, and now years later you're talking $250 for one...

So I bought the Tsukuda one as it was cheap and (I thought) a close replica of the Kenner doll, but unfortunately it's severely lacking. No lunging jaw action, no glow in the dark skull, no chrome teeth. One day I'll get the Kenner...one day!

Back when I was at school, they held a charity auction event. The school stage was piled up with goodies, and one of the teachers would hold up a toy, or a book, or whatever, and we'd have to shout our bids and try to win the item. It was a bit of a free for all, as I recall, although we are talking early 80's here, so my memory is a bit hazy.

Anyway, he held up the Kenner Alien. I'd never seen anything so magnificent in my life. Alas, I lost out to some big kid I hated, and had to put up with him crowing over his new toy all afternoon. He probably paid like 50p for it, and now years later you're talking $250 for one...

So I bought the Tsukuda one as it was cheap and (I thought) a close replica of the Kenner doll, but unfortunately it's severely lacking. No lunging jaw action, no glow in the dark skull, no chrome teeth. One day I'll get the Kenner...one day!

I tried on ebay a few weeks ago. Even a loose figure goes for a lot...:banghead. Maybe when I get a major raise or win the lottery...Then I will offcially start my ALIEN only collection...:naughty Starting w/Mr. Kenner figure...:banana

I once had 4 of them that I had bought on the bay.He was one of my childhood toy too and was bit obssess with him...lolll

help me out here. i'm asking because i truly don't know, but why would one want the Kenner Alien when the NECA one is far superior?

is it purely a nostalgia thing??

help me out here. i'm asking because i truly don't know, but why would one want the Kenner Alien when the NECA one is far superior?

For me it is. :monkey2 Instead of getting the kenner alien fig for my B-day I received the 12" Boba Fett. But I loved that fig too! :joy

I want it because I loves me some vintage stuff that's cool, which in the end is almost always RARE AS HELL!

It's partly that, but I also think it has a cool look of its own.

I mean, don't get me wrong, it's one of the most inaccurate renditions there is, and yet it's strangely got the right feel, in that it looks like a man in a suit, a space suit almost. The biomechanical element is really to the fore. And it is also the only figure to really nail the metallic look of the mouth parts, even if it is rather unsubtle and plastic looking.

Back