NECA's 18" ALIEN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NECA's slogan-

YOU WILL LOOK AND LOOK, BUT THE PAINT WILL ALWAYS SUCK!

Or

Hey, all our toys are in the same pose! YEAH!

SCCCCULPIN PERFECTION!111

and the best...

YEAH WE ROCK! CHECK OUT OUR FEMALES!!!!

Yeah, im defending McF. Too much uneeded Movie Maniac fanboy hate.

NECA isnt that great, McF aint god neither, but i've had alot more crap from NECA then all my McF stuff.

You want proof? Gears of War, awful artic, how about Tall Man?

Yeeeesh. You're mad at McF for ending Movie Maniacs, but its all because NECA saturated the market soo much that movie figures werent needed any more from McF.

Im sorry, I just cant take all this "MCF sucks" crap. Because....they dont. Neither does NECA. But like my deal with the "Aliens are Bugs" things, I need to play devil's advocate.

Sideshow...the poor man's Hot Toys?

Hot Toys...the poor man's movie prop replica?

Movie Prop Replica...yeah.

I'm a regular at a UK gaming forum, and we have a thread for action figures in Off Topic.

One of the guys has done the first full re-paint I've seen, and it's pretty awesome in my opinion:

https://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?showtopic=140029&st=1500&start=1500

finalalien3vc5.jpg

finalalien5bd5.jpg

alienfaceze0.jpg

What do you guys think?

biggest problem imo, is the look of the knee joints and the alien's small and dainty feet. :horror

I wish the production dome were like that. I tried taking pictures last night and every time the stupid skull shows through and the shots just don't feel like they're from ALIEN, driving me nuts, oh well.

that repaint is outstanding!!!!

I'll be sending my 18"er to Les to a entire overhaul. Can't wait to post pics once it's done. I'll be then making a custom base, very much like the one posted in this thread a few pages back.

Very nice re-paint indeed. I like this blackened dome much better than stock version. I can hardly notice the cut joints and knee joints almost look sealed up.

I think he did seal up the joints, so it's now non-poseable.

Yes, sorry I should have said. I can only imagine how awesome the 18" one would look!

Back