NECA's 18" ALIEN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe I should just try a little sandpaper on the dome. I can't say that I'm too happy that they released a version of the figure that is essentially defective.

I don't know if I would call it defective.
It happens all the time. I remember when McF released their MM5 boxed set, the first batch had a lever under the skull, the second had the nipple button. The first version didn't work very well and the tongue always came out crooked...

I don't know if I would call it defective.
It happens all the time. I remember when McF released their MM5 boxed set, the first batch had a lever under the skull, the second had the nipple button. The first version didn't work very well and the tongue always came out crooked...

It's defective if, as you implied earlier, they designed it to be cloudy and the factory didn't implement that correctly.

I must have the first run, as my dome is pretty clear. I plan on removing it and doing some cool stuff to it, so it will be correct when I am done with it. But for you buyers that won't or can't change it, best of luck. I hate variations on figures when you get something and later versions are improved in some way.

I tried sanding my dome with some fine grain sandpaper. Obviously it would have been better to remove the dome and sand the inside, but it didn't look like I could get mine off without some damage, so i decided to just do the outside. It does look better -- particularly from a distance. But it's not a perfect solution. It looks a little rough in places if you examine it very closely. I might try painting it now, since the sanding should make the paint stick better.

Anyway, this is how it looked beforehand (taken with a flash, so the inner skull looks a little more obvious than it actually was):

NECA_alien_dome1.jpg

And this is it afterward:

NECA_alien_dome3.jpg

Hey eldey, did you get the thing I need? That secret thing that no one can ever know about? Its a secret.

finally got my 18" today :monkey5:monkey5 ive been waiting for this for ages. im very impressed with the job neca has done, it dosent look movie accurate but with a little mod'ing it could look great. it does look a bit plastic (yes its a plastic toy) but for the price you cant go wrong this is a must for any alien fan. if you dont like alien get it anyway for the size and price its a must.

well done neca good job.
:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

finally got my 18" today :monkey5:monkey5 ive been waiting for this for ages. im very impressed with the job neca has done, it dosent look movie accurate but with a little mod'ing it could look great. it does look a bit plastic (yes its a plastic toy) but for the price you cant go wrong this is a must for any alien fan. if you dont like alien get it anyway for the size and price its a must.

well done neca good job.
:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Doesn't look movie accurate? Why?

Doesn't look movie accurate? Why?

:eek: i was judging this when it was boxed but know ive assembled it my opinon has changed the head is way to see through and needs to be more cloudy but apart from that the thing is brilliant. im struggling to get the damn legs on though any tips would be helpful.

EDIT: id like it to look wet/damp for the shiny affect. i like my aliens moist :D

Last edited:
Back