NECA's 18" ALIEN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad I got the 18" scale version, as much as it sucks up space, the 7" scale version is a piece of ^^^^. I've gone through 2 now, even with heating the legs, the right leg knee hinge keeps snapping. All the joints are very stiff on the small one, like they all were glued. I own almost a dozen NECA figures and this is the first time I've ever witnessed problems like this and it's quite frustrating since it's with a desired figure.
Damn bro, that's weird, mine is fine, not problems at all. Sorry to hear that bout hiim Let me know if I can hook you up with one with working joints.

Yeah the 7" are a bit of a gamble, I bought a second one, took it out of the packet and his leg snapped off at the knee as soon as I touched it. I was not pleased!

That sucks.
Both the ones I got were fine, but one had a stiff neck, and I was feeling over confident (since the first had great tight joints) and ended up breaking it.
T'was my fault though.

However, it's a great excuse to buy a third one! :D
Hopefully from the second wave, with frosted dome.

Yeah the 7" are a bit of a gamble, I bought a second one, took it out of the packet and his leg snapped off at the knee as soon as I touched it. I was not pleased!

That's exactly how mine broke, right knee? Both the 2 I've bought so far had the exact same break, which is somewhat comforting. On the third one, I'll just super heat it to soft, get it where I want and take my hands away from the thing and not touch it again :lol

Well, I got one of these 18"Alien's for my nephew's birthday, and because our birthdays are close, he ended up getting me the exact same thing!
Now the bad news. Both of them had the glued knee problem (opposite knee's), and before I could blink, I had the foot snapped off in my hand as soon as I tried to flex it. Upon inspection of the broken joint, the plastic was full of airholes,making it extremely weak to use for a major support area.
I took my back to the store to exchange it, but the last one there also had a visible crack (you could see through the package!) so, I ended up getting my money back.
Too bad, it looked pretty good. My nephew is going to try to loosen the knee joint on his, wish us luck!

Does anyone know if NECA will be making an 18" Predator Figure in the coming year? It would be awesome since they have already made an 18" Robocop, Terminator Endoskeleton, and Alien.

In compare with the new Hot Toys figure:

100_1013-horz.jpg

100_1014-horz.jpg

100_1017-horz.jpg

100_1018-horz.jpg

100_1019-horz.jpg

100_1020-horz.jpg

100_1022-horz.jpg

100_1023-horz.jpg

/https://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f291/sabres21768/other10/100_1027-horz.jpg
100_1024-horz.jpg

100_1028-horz.jpg

Necas biggest strength, Sci-Fi/Horror figures.

I think if Neca made the Predator 1 figure in 18 scale it could be easily the best Predator figure ever made.

Dude, these are all old pics (most of them mine) that have been posted here before.

Back