NECA's 18" ALIEN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a fail :lol

And bumping a thread after two weeks with no actual content, just to post this, isn't?! :rotfl

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

failroad-1.jpg

While this thread's already been bumped, I'm curious about something. Are the Big Chap's jaw tendons any stronger than the previous Aliens' tendons? Would I be able to permanantly pose him with the inner-mouth sticking out, or...?

While this thread's already been bumped, I'm curious about something. Are the Big Chap's jaw tendons any stronger than the previous Aliens' tendons? Would I be able to permanantly pose him with the inner-mouth sticking out, or...?

It sounds like you might be asking about the Hot Toys Alien.
If that's the case, then no, I would advise against keeping it's mouth open for an extended period of time.

Now, if you're talking about the NECA Alien, then the NECA Alien has no problem keeping the jaw open.

If you're talking about the NECA figure, then yes, they are stronger. The tendons are made of hard plastic so you can pose him with his mouth open and not worry about it ripping like with the Hot Toys aliens.

Oh, I was referring to the HT Big Chap, as he's on my "maybe" list. A local comic store had some in-stock a few months back with a pretty good price of $135 after student discount.

The Neca Alien is very cool.
Especially for the price.
Also the size is really great.

I do not like the skull.
The ribs on the skull were painted and not sculpted.

Yeah, on the smaller one (which I have), it looks like those were drawn with pen :(. Still, while he's not the most accurate Alien, he does have a stronger Giger-esque vibe, compared to some of the other versions out there.

That may be, I do not know the exact details of the suit.

But it would at least have done better, because it looks horribly at this great Alien figure .

I once saw a picture from Kyles Sculpts.
Can it be that the original (unpainted) Alien prototype was sculptet ?

Nope, Kyle never sculpted it the detail. The sad fact is that the chinese factory didn't do a good job on that specific detail. I've seen repaints of it though, so maybe it isn't that hard to get the dome off.

Exactly, why Hot Toys why ? :rotfl

suitalien3.jpg

suitalien.jpg

Alien22.jpg

100_1018-horz.jpg

My first reaction when i saw this pictures; TANKMAN for PRESIDENT !

HOT TOYS ALIEN, muhahahhahhaaha, a big mistake :slap :rotfl

Here are some new suit pics I found.

Figured this was the best place to post 'em.

suitalien4.jpg

suitalien3.jpg

suitalien2.jpg

suitalien1.jpg

suitalien.jpg

Dude where did you get these pics? Man how I wish I had these 3 years ago. As much as fans like the Alien I sculpted I know I could make it better now. I don't know what it is about the Alien but I'm like others that I want a perfect figure. I think being that you don't see this guy much at all in the movie makes it seem more important to get the sculpt accurate. It helps also that the movie rules so much. At least when I look at these pics I can feel good that I got the feel and look really close. Too bad HT don't care to even give it a try.

Back