New Bowen Hulk web EX

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine came today :)

20130128144307-4a91453a.jpg

20130128144311-1470a529.jpg

20130128144312-de156d49.jpg

20130128144314-e1d23317.jpg

20130128144315-9b07acf2.jpg

20130128144316-cc173aa8.jpg

20130128144318-62a05bb6.jpg

Man, this one really is good, isn't it? I just got the Smackdown Hulk last week for a good $240 from a friend but this makes me want to get another BD Hulk!

Are Bowens a little pricey...yes...Are they a superior product,both sculpt and paint?...Yes!...Do they offer way more Marvel characters and even variants than anybody else? ...YES!...Will anybody ever catch up to them in regards to how many characters made?...MAYBE NEVER!....are they just as good looking as any pieces made by anybody else?...YES!...only critique any one can say is price and size...no other critique is acceptaple in my book...NONE!...well maybe one more...the high ES that they used to do in the past...otherwise I personally will not bash Bowen nor anyone who has strictly collected Bowen...In fact if you add up the Marvel Bowen Characters NO ONE COMES CLOSE...NO ONE!...Add all the statues put together from ALL the othe companies and you still wont be close....Are other companies statutes nice too?...Yes they are but................Great Hulk by the way....I'm still pissed off that I didnt get the Retro Green when it was under 300...now it goes for 400 and up...damn..........Now I wonder if there will be an Action Hulk version...

Last edited:
They do look cool together. From over at Statue marvels.

69692_10151385584929700_919492422_n.jpg

These 3 Hulks are among the best that were ever made and if anyone does not see that there is no hope for you...Period!:lecture...I love that Retro hulk and regret so much not getting him!

Last edited:
If anyone complains about the size of a Bowen statue it means they really like/love the piece but wish it was bigger aka 1/4 scale to go with SS pieces...They should complain to SS then to make more pieces not bash Bowens scale...Thinking about it now if Bowen made 1/4 scale pieces with the same quality as the Bowen line up they have now SS could be in trouble and might have to step it up a notch or two....fact

Are Bowens a little pricey...yes...Are they a superior product,both sculpt and paint?...Yes!...Do they offer way more Marvel characters and even variants than anybody else? ...YES!...Will anybody ever catch up to them in regards to how many characters made?...MAYBE NEVER!....are they just as good looking as any pieces made by anybody else?...YES!...only critique any one can say is price and size...no other critique is acceptaple in my book...NONE!...well maybe one more...the high ES that they used to do in the past...otherwise I personally will not bash Bowen nor anyone who has strictly collected Bowen...In fact if you add up the Marvel Bowen Characters NO ONE COMES CLOSE...NO ONE!...Add all the statues put together from ALL the othe companies and you still wont be close....Are other companies statutes nice too?...Yes they are but................Great Hulk by the way....I'm still pissed off that I didnt get the Retro Green when it was under 300...now it goes for 400 and up...damn..........Now I wonder if there will be an Action Hulk version...

You of course are completely entitled to your opinion, but remember it is JUST an opinion. I don't dispute anything you say ... But personally I could throw detail level in there as a critique along with size and price. As great a comic book version as this Hulks above are because of their size they lack the detail of say the Hulk Maquette or the Grey Hulk Comiquette. Now it is like arguing which Hulk you like better Kirby or Keown, it is totally subjective and ONLY opinion based. I prefer you more detailed work of Keown so it is natural for me to gravitate to the bigger statues, but after seeing many pics of this new Bad Boy I agree that he does look great IMHO.

People disagree about things, and just because they don't agree with YOU that doesn't mean there is no hope for them. Please keep that in mind.

You of course are completely entitled to your opinion, but remember it is JUST an opinion. I don't dispute anything you say ... But personally I could throw detail level in there as a critique along with size and price. As great a comic book version as this Hulks above are because of their size they lack the detail of say the Hulk Maquette or the Grey Hulk Comiquette. Now it is like arguing which Hulk you like better Kirby or Keown, it is totally subjective and ONLY opinion based. I prefer you more detailed work of Keown so it is natural for me to gravitate to the bigger statues, but after seeing many pics of this new Bad Boy I agree that he does look great IMHO.

People disagree about things, and just because they don't agree with YOU that doesn't mean there is no hope for them. Please keep that in mind.

Some detail level I agree, but that could be said for almost any piece...I am a fan of the older style Hulks (more hair bigger head) because of my age ...and anyone who doesnt like those three Hulk pieces does have a problem if they are a Hulk fan...IMHO

And if size matters then complaints should be made to Sideshow for lack of pieces, If someone doesnt like the Bowen size then dont get it...but if one likes the piece and gripe is about the size..hey tough luck, dont blame Bowen because of size....that's it...I will never bash a great piece or company that makes great pieces because of size...never...Sideshow hooked alot of folks with their large sized statue drug but a few of the large size statue junkies bash Bowen because they can't get their large statue junkie fix...that's not right man...lol...and I'm really not bashing Sideshow at all...just the guys who crave and need big statues and think bigger is better

Last edited:
for me it's not the size but the actual sculpture and detail...not my cup a tea.

In the end Skaar is almost twice as big as THIS large Hulk by Bowen so for $100 more you get nearly twice the statue.

You guys are missing the price difference by a bit here. Skar retailed for $380 and you could get him for 10% off, right? That's typically the lowest price available through Sideshow retailers, making his price $342 + shipping.

The Bowen Hulk is $250, but 20% off for Collectors Club members. That makes the final price $200 + shipping for a price difference of $142.

The Bowen Hulk costs 58% of what the Sideshow Skar costs, not including shipping. Everyone has their preferences as to scale, detail, character selection, etc., but Sideshow is MUCH more expensive than Bowen. I would say the prices are very close when you consider scale - 1/4 vs. 1/6 or 1/7

Are Bowens a little pricey...YES

Do they offer way more Marvel characters and even variants than anybody else? ...YES!...

Will anybody ever catch up to them in regards to how many characters made?...MAYBE NEVER!

In fact if you add up the Marvel Bowen Characters NO ONE COMES CLOSE...NO ONE!

:goodpost::exactly:

I know Bowen Designs isn't very popular on these boards, but i still don't understand how any Marvel fan doesn't love Bowen Designs. Sideshow is the juggernaut of the collectible industry, but when it comes to MARVEL COMICS statues, Bowen Designs is the authority.

I know Bowen Designs isn't very popular on these boards, but i still don't understand how any Marvel fan doesn't love Bowen Designs. Sideshow is the juggernaut of the collectible industry, but when it comes to MARVEL COMICS statues, Bowen Designs is the authority.

I think it is pretty much wha I was saying. Style choice and design choice preferences. I like more detail, and creeping more towards photo realistic. It is personal choice that simple.

EXACTLY!...Marvel Fans that hate Bowen is not normal...maybe hating and being upset that they cant get other 1/4 scale pieces is more like it I think...If price is too high well tough...that's life...bills and prices to pay for em...

Last edited:
At the end of the day, buy what YOU personally like...unless someone else is funding your hobby. Then you might want to get his/her opinion.:rotfl

Agreed...but there is no reason for bashing Bowen the top Marvel statue machine ...Size Junkies do it because of being hooked on size...Sculpts are as good pretty much as any other company out there...If one doesnt like price well tough...I love lots of things and if price is too high well then I dont get them...but I wont bash em...Bowen has some treasures and pieces that could go to say best or one of the best...These Hulks fit in that category IMHO

Last edited:
That is an awesome piece...I'm not getting it but it is great...

Back