New Buffy Line Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The sculpt does not appear like they are going for the animated look. I think with the electric tiki already doing that they will not.

I agree. Electric Tiki has that part of the market. Sideshow is definitely trying to achieve the realistic look.

I couldn't be happier about the Buffy line returning to life... Oh, well, maybe yes. The throne is not doing it for me. As someone pointed out in the beginning of this thread, that's NOT the Buffy I think about when you say "Iconic representation of Buffy". I'd like a fighting Buffy better, or one in a high school environment, or a graveyard... I'm dying to see the finished prototype, and I'm sure I'll buy this and every figure in the line. I just wish the next figures really capture the iconic essences of the characters.

Just watched the video and I'm pretty excited that they're reviving Buffy, but I'm not sure how I feel about the throne. As others have mentioned, I would have liked to see her sitting on a tombstone, casually waiting for a vampire to appear so she can introduce him to Mr. Pointy. That said, there is a certain badassness to this piece, like she just dusted a whole nest and is sitting back to admire her work. I know I'll end up owning this regardless, since I love Buffy too much to pass.

Also, I created a composite from the video so we can get a better look at the entire piece:

buffymaquette.jpg

Buffy in knee highs? Season 1 or 2 Buffy! OMG! MUST HAVE THIS! HOW DID I MISS THIS?! Damn you people for not keeping me in the loop! Buffy was my first PF I ever purchased, granted most of my SS collection is now Marvel. Heck, even my first post originated from this forum! I am so getting this! She looks friggin' HOT!

The only thing I would ask is if they could bring down the skulls in size.. the chair would look better if they were made smaller!

BRING ON SCHOOL GIRL CORDY IN KNEE SOCKS AND PLAID SKIRT! GO FISH ANYONE?

Last edited:
I actually like the scale of the skulls. Just maybe figure out a way for the gargoyles to fit proper. They look a little out of scale with the skulls being as large as they are. But I don't care, this is mine!

So we know boots are black, guessing....black dress too? Could be that awful light blue one, ew. I am hoping black.

I actually like the scale of the skulls. Just maybe figure out a way for the gargoyles to fit proper. They look a little out of scale with the skulls being as large as they are. But I don't care, this is mine!

So we know boots are black, guessing....black dress too? Could be that awful light blue one, ew. I am hoping black.

The size of the skulls make the chair asymmetrical and unbalanced. There is too many tight details, that are thin, lean, yet the arms and front legs of the chair are neither as detailed or share a similar shape to the rest of the chair. There is no continuity. The design fails in my eyes. Not saying I know better, but I do a lot of design in school, and I am an illustrator myself. It's an amazingly well done piece, from a sculpting stand point (granted this looks to be computer generated with Maya/Z-Brush), I just don't agree with the design of the chair. It has potential to be awesome, but the arms on that chair are really throwing me off, as are the two front legs. They are much too beefed up. If that's the case, than the rest of the chair should be beefed up as well. The Dr. Doom throne works so well because it's consistent through out. Similar details are found everywhere on that thing, and it's big and bulky much like Dr. Doom's armor.

Buffy in knee highs? Season 1 or 2 Buffy! OMG! MUST HAVE THIS! HOW DID I MISS THIS?! Damn you people for not keeping me in the loop! Buffy was my first PF I ever purchased, granted most of my SS collection is now Marvel. Heck, even my first post originated from this forum! I am so getting this! She looks friggin' HOT!

The only thing I would ask is if they could bring down the skulls in size.. the chair would look better if they were made smaller!

BRING ON SCHOOL GIRL CORDY IN KNEE SOCKS AND PLAID SKIRT! GO FISH ANYONE?

:confused::confused::confused:

Really, Eli? 16 pages later and you're just posting now? :huh I'm a little embarrassed for you at this point....

:D

I'm just glad to see they are making a Willow product. That 1/6 Willow is about the weakest SSC figure out there, IMO.

So sayeth Buffy Fan #422.

Back