New Buffy Line Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like this piece and will definitely buy, but I hope this doesn't turn into another T&A line.

Same here, because considering the underlining theme in the show was about female empowerment it means that sort of T&A bias would feel out of place imo.

A conan movie, yes, Buffy, no.

Same here, because considering the underlining theme in the show was about female empowerment it means that sort of T&A bias would feel out of place imo.

:(:(:(:(:(

I GUESS we should be respectful.

I would still love an AH! Buffy though because I am a dude and come on...it is SMG.

I hate to say this but it was common ground in seasons 1 and 2 of Buffy to see our favorite female scoobies in skimpy sexy outfits. That was obviously to allure the male audience. Once the show picked up its audience, the girls showed less skin, and less emphasis was made on making the girls sexy and concentrating more on strong story telling and great character development.

So really the show did start as a T'n'A spectacle with strong writing and neat characters, then just matured into something beyond that.

Xander and Angel in the early days and later Spike, Riley and Oz showed more skin than the girls. I don't think they will do a C&A line though.

Xander and Angel in the early days and later Spike, Riley and Oz showed more skin than the girls.

Exactly. The emphasis was on the males to 'show some skin', rather then the females right from day one.

Buffy has never been about 'T&A' in the way your bog standard TV show has always been.

so are some of you complaining.. thus not going to buy her because she's in a skirt?

If this doesn't sell well Buffy is a gonner! :(

I suspect you guys may have already discussed this but I wasn't too keen on the prelim drawings of Willow, the Willow we know isn't flouncing around in that tiny mini-skirt; Buffy yes, Willow no.

I'm not opposed to the curvy, cute element (like the Electric Tikis) but I'd like them to stick just a tad with a character. My woman power Willow would never wear that ;)

Besides that I think I may adore the gothic chair more than than Buffy sculpt (don't throw rocks) but that damn thing is cool.

I suspect you guys may have already discussed this but I wasn't too keen on the prelim drawings of Willow, the Willow we know isn't flouncing around in that tiny mini-skirt; Buffy yes, Willow no.

I'm not opposed to the curvy, cute element (like the Electric Tikis) but I'd like them to stick just a tad with a character. My woman power Willow would never wear that ;)

Besides that I think I may adore the gothic chair more than than Buffy sculpt (don't throw rocks) but that damn thing is cool.

I totally think that her 'throne' is kick ass. I don't want anything changed on it. I wont know what to think of her sculpt until she's done and painted.

I do not like Willow's sketch as of yet, but hopefully once it's sculpting there will be some positive changes.

I love the Chair as well, and am good with the look they are going for.

Willow needs work, but she was a shy thing at first.. maybe they will do two versions. :rock

I will not lie, I am not going to be happy with two different versions completely. I want to see more characters. If they want to do one ex and one reg, then that's ok. But electric tiki kind of bothers me with the same characters 2x thing. Buffy, Willow, Faith. So I'm hoping that with sideshow's new line, if we get duplicate characters, then the duplicate comes wayyyy down the road.

I will not lie, I am not going to be happy with two different versions completely. I want to see more characters. If they want to do one ex and one reg, then that's ok. But electric tiki kind of bothers me with the same characters 2x thing. Buffy, Willow, Faith. So I'm hoping that with sideshow's new line, if we get duplicate characters, then the duplicate comes wayyyy down the road.

I agree, we don't want dups right away.

the buffy throne maquette was temporarily up for preorder on sideshow just there

it had an edition size of 850 and was $249.99

Back