New Ghostbusters Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kinda crappy that they are still only giving us GB figures every other month instead of every month like the Masters line. Makes the subscription not as worth it in my opinion.

Ok so if I can get Winston in a two-pack with Pete, why buy the Winston that comes out next month ? :dunno

Check out the other 1/6 items included, a boombox and toaster? :lol "Oh your my number one christmas boutique item!"

1/6 scale proton stream as well!

looks like gb2 1/6 are on the way with the slime blowers and darker outfits from those photos! could be interesting

Mattel has been possessed by the ghost of Kenner...redoes, repaints and nothing new!

I like the 12" stuff, but it saddens me they are releasing a 12" 2-pack...where is the logic in that?...just release an accessories pack for the big figures, you would need a new un-stached head for Winston though, if it's GB2 stuff...

I can't for the life of me understand why Mattel doesn't offer a section for 12" and 6" accessories, folded gloves, proton streams, PKEs, Goggles and so on...

I know they could do it...i still don't know how they manage to stay successful...truthfully, i think they are trying to kill the GB line...if they are not, then they sure aren't trying hard to keep interest...

Why the hell didn't they have a build a figure piece for all the new 6" redo figures coming out...you know, freakin' Stay Puft pieces!

That would guarantee sale of the even the dumbest repaints.

Mattel i will never understand thee.

M.

^
I say its becuase of the guaranteed fan base and sales. Mattel knows they only have to put minimal effort into rehashing the same figures. The first year was apparently already a major success for Mattel so why shake things up now? I noticed they put accessories in with figures that the first releases SHOULD have came with. Things like Ray's ecto goggles, Egon's PKE, and the beam effects.

Personally I know I'm getting these repaints for just those little parts. It really sucks they are pulling this kind of stunt to save a few bucks but eh, at least we FINALLY got movie accurate figures. It only took 26 years.

On the same note, this is why Hollywood keeps crapping out poor remakes, squeals, video game, and comic book movies. They know they already have an established fan base and that translates into guaranteed ticket sales *cough* twilight *cough*. So why waste money and effort when you don't have to? Unless your Chris Nolan, it seems like he at least cares :)

Does anybody know if the 2 packs will have the proton pack and the slime blower or one of each or just the slime blower ?

Does anybody know if the 2 packs will have the proton pack and the slime blower or one of each or just the slime blower ?

would be great if the 2-packs came with 2 of each, with the gb1 and gb2 outfits too it would be easy enough to create extra customs. but i think its more likely there will be one proton pack and one slimeblower per pack. only ray and winston wore those so that would make sense

wasnt it only ray and winston who had the slime blowers in GB2? if so, that should be a simple case of a head switch....BUT mattel might include a new gadget everyone will want with slime blower ray. bummer.

just give me my 12" winston next month and i'm done...just the GB1 1/6 scale for me. nothing revealed that makes me want to get back in on the 6 inchers

I definitely want the 12" Winston Zeddemore to finish off the four 12" Ghostbusters! But I am interested in the upcoming 6" figures too. The Ray in the lab coat out on August 16 with the 12" Winston, and the Ghostbusters 2 Toys 'R Us exclusive set of all four guys in the darker GB2 outfits. Very cool! :yess:

Well,
yes, I was a bit underwhelmed... I wanted to see MORE ghosts...
but still, I think the re-deco and new accessories are pretty awesome!!

Anyway, let's bring some love back to this line!
Here are my SDCC pics!!!

BTW, the rooftop @ Shandor Building!!

DSC05529.jpg

DSC05530.jpg

DSC05531.jpg

DSC05533.jpg

DSC05534.jpg

DSC05536.jpg

DSC05537.jpg

DSC05538.jpg

DSC05539.jpg

DSC05540.jpg

Pixel Dan's :)S) review of Lab Coat Ray...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/dfK-PWCj-Ls&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/dfK-PWCj-Ls&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

The "Ghost-purifier" looks pretty cool...
and the Subway Ghost is awesome!!!
I've always loved this ghost since I saw the movie in theaters!!
:rock!

Back