New Hot Toys Predator2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nevertheless, I didn't buy the Batpod, or anything I'm trying to sell, with any intentionof selling it. Things just work out that way sometimes, you find yourself short on money and you decide what you think you can live without.

Everything l buy l say to myself "l will sell one day". I don't say to myself "l will keep it forever". I buy something then after a couple years l say "i will sell it and buy something else to enjoy".

I'm still trying decide to go with the ebay or SSC sales thread route.:D

Go on here and try and sell first, trust me I sold my entire HT collection on here and avoided Ebay like the plague and glad l did. Everything went smooth everytime and people here are much more trust worthy then random people from ebay.:lecture

Go on here and try and sell first, trust me I sold my entire HT collection on here and avoided Ebay like the plague and glad l did. Everything went smooth everytime and people here are much more trust worthy then random people from ebay.:lecture

Thanks for the advice. I'd rather make people on here happy first tbh too.

Everything l buy l say to myself "l will sell one day". I don't say to myself "l will keep it forever". I buy something then after a couple years l say "i will sell it and buy something else to enjoy".

Really? I know priorities can change but as of right now I think the only way I'd sell certain things is if my other half literally puts a loaded gun to my head and tells me 'do or die'!

I haven't tried ebay myself but this is basically why I'm selling here. My buyers can see I'm a daily poster here and most likely won't risk my reputation and hopefully I can say the same of them. I also assume better communication here and with less chance of an unworkable language barrier etc.

I just graduated nursing school and joined the navy. I leave in a few months. I don't want to sell all of my figures but I think I should get rid of most of them. I really hope I can continue this hobby, I really do love these collectibles. I've always dealt through ebay but bc of the quantity of what I plan to sell now I will definatley try selling on here. I've sold 3 HT figures on ebay so far and luckily have had a great experience, but I hate those fees they're ridiculous.

Yeah if I got a few high end items I would sell so I can get a newer one if I didnt LOVE it that much. If I owned something like the SS Alien Queen dio or the bust then I doubt I would ever sell that!

I plan on figuring out what they would likely go for on ebay and set the price about 10% lower. alot of people I've seen that sell on here mark the price higher than it goes for on ebay, this makes me laugh. I assume there just beginning high with intent to haggle lower. I'm concerned though that I will initially have trouble establishing trust with buyers but you have to start some where right.

What kind of fees you looking at on ebay? Pennies, Pounds, Lots of Pounds...

I just sold my mark iii and my t-600 weathered concept version and the fees were $60, then I had to pay shipping and paypal fees. It all adds up and ebays fee is by far the highest.

Really? I know priorities can change but as of right now I think the only way I'd sell certain things is if my other half literally puts a loaded gun to my head and tells me 'do or die'!.

The only items l have that l will not sell anytime soon are my LOTR Lurtz PF and my Hellboy 2 PF. I have a Lord Darkness l want to sell soon, had it for a couple years and looking for something different.

you have to be careful buying on ebay too. Alot of people use "phantom" accounts to drive up the bid. If you look at the feedback scores and bid histories of both sellers and fellow bidders you can usually anticipate if and when it has happened. I've actually refused to pay for an item once or twice b/c I was certain it had been done to me.

I dont agree. If someone is happy to buy something from me for more then l paid or more then it is worth, why would l say no. If they really want the item and they are happy to pay there is no problem or taking advantage.

When l sell something l always sell for a very good asking price, but if l had an item that someone wanted to buy from me and they said "l will give you" so and so amount of money and if that offer was way more then the item was worth and more then l paid l would sell no problem, I mean why not?
I don't disagree with you at all, and think you misunderstood my intent. If someone's willing and happy to pay us 4x more than we originally paid for a figure, that's fine. What I'm suggesting may be a dated concept is expecting a figure to increase drastically in value. I don't think it's right for someone to be upset because they can't get $800 for their $130 figure anymore. I'd personally be happy if I could get $100 for a figure I paid $130 for five years ago. If someone's willing to pay more, great, but I don't think it's right to expect it.

Last edited:
I don't think it's right for someone to be upset because they can't get $800 for their $130 figure anymore.

Yeah l agree there. Ebay is full of those people selling for way more then the item is worth, l laugh sometimes.

I can see someone putting something on ebay once and asking a crazy price hopeing someone is dumb enough to buy it, but these sellers l see them posting their figures for those crazy prices constantly all year round. Haven't they got the hint that their price might be too high if no one bought their item after being on Ebay for more then a year straight. I guess they are hoping for that oen newb sucker.:lol

I can see someone putting something on ebay once and asking a crazy price hopeing someone is dumb enough to buy it, but these sellers l see them posting their figures for those crazy prices constantly all year round. Haven't they got the hint that their price might be too high if no one bought their item after being on Ebay for more then a year straight. I guess they are hoping for that oen newb sucker.:lol
I offered a seller £350 for a toy that came out for £80. He laughed at my offer like i was stupid and didnt know its value. And said the least he could take is £500. Its now about 9 months later and its been relisted pretty much every 10 days ever since for £450-£500.

He will of spent the difference in price between what he wants and what i offered in listing fees not to mention the final value fee he would incur.

I offered a seller £350 for a toy that came out for £80. He laughed at my offer like i was stupid and didnt know its value. And said the least he could take is £500. Its now about 9 months later and its been relisted pretty much every 10 days ever since for £450-£500.

He will of spent the difference in price between what he wants and what i offered in listing fees not to mention the final value fee he would incur.

I've had this issue myself especially with HK sellers.

u always gotta be wary of ebay.
I not bought anything for more then £150 on there before and that was a mobile phone!
I not had a very bad experience yet but I normally just use it for items worth less then £100.

You have not got to be careful with ebay at all..............

Anything you fancy go for it regardless of price, and if you get conned, or the item is not as described etc etc etc, open a dispute and you will win 100%.

Ebay hate sellers period. Go figure.

Anything you fancy go for it regardless of price, and if you get conned, or the item is not as described etc etc etc, open a dispute and you will win 100%.

haha I concur

Pretty much.

I sold an item to this ******, he lied about the condition it was in..he said a few sentences with horrible grammar in the case I opened, I had a full two pages or so (more than you could fit in) explaining the situation..and the next day, they went with him.
I was literally shocked.
I can only assume they didn't bother to read my side of the story.

But yeah, I got to keep the money though because the dumbass didn't send the figure back..then he left me bad feedback. :lol
He obviously thought if he won the case, he would get the cash and the figure..idiot.

Back